Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am
All times are UTC + 0
D-Day: Fields of Battle
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:  D-Day: Fields of Battle
Subject description: 14th Anniversary
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's June 6th, D-day! This day also marks the 14th anniversary of the D-day mod. To celebrate I've created map sized screenshots of five new maps that will be included in D-day's next release, along with information about other maps in development.

Axis:

Click to enlarge: 19mb

A four player tournament style map set in an urban harbour shaped like a swastika. This map served as a test bed for the new sets of urban cliffs & features multi-levelled areas & tunnels. Note: The use of a swastika layout might be somewhat controversial, however the shape creates a balanced yet interesting design & is currently my favourite map to play on.      

Allied:

Click to enlarge: 30mb

A five player map in the shape of the Allied star & circle.

Mountain Guns: 6 player

Click to enlarge: 29mb

Mountain Guns is a remake of my favourite C&C Generals map of the same name. This map served as a test bed for the new sets of rock cliffs & features multi-layers cliff faces. Note: The road & bridge graphics will be replaced in the near future.

River Valley: 6 player

Click to enlarge: 30mb

A long six player map featuring a winding river through a valley. It also features a train line weaving in and out of the mountains along the edge of the map.  

Island Roulette: 8 player

Click to enlarge: 55mb

An extremely large eight player map of a circular island with separate areas for each player connected to a central mountain.  

I have several other maps in various stages of Development for D-day...

No Man's Land:
A World War 1 themed map with a large network of trenches, that players can occupy & fight over.

Train Duel: (wip name)
A two player map featuring buildable armoured trains & two loops of track that run parallel to each other in the center of the map.

World War:
A large map based on the world map.

Corregidor:
A large island map based on the US base on Corregidor in the Philippines.

Paris:
A large map of the French capitol, featuring the Eiffel tower at the center.

Washington DC:
Large map of the US capitol, featuring many famous landmarks & monuments.

Soviet:
Counterpart to the Axis & Allied maps. I haven't decided on an exact layout yet, but this will be the first snow map in D-day.

Lastly I would like to point out that all of these maps are subject to change. Some of the graphics will be replaced in the near future & new terrain that is currently in development will be added. So you can expect the maps to have more details when they are included in the next release.

Key Words: #DDay #Ares #News #Modification #YurisRevenge #Maps 

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This news post is a clone from this announcement at D-Day forums. I've taken a while to notice it, I'm sorry.

Note: While the shape of one of the maps is a Swastika, Project Perfect Mod does not condone Nazism under any circumstances. The mod theme is World War 2 and the Nazi Germany was a very relevant part of it. That's all.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do those (what I presume are) radar stations just provide vision?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The bunkers reveal a large amount of shroud & give a small stream of credits when occupied.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These maps are beautiful and all look fun and balanced, nice work Mig. Can't wait to play on them, I can see why axis is your favorite, reminiscent of the great Bay of Pigs map.

silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The customized tiles really brighten up those maps. I can't see a single object in there that existed in the vanilla game. Great Job!

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only thing from the original RA2 that still survives in D-day is the water fountain (in the center of the Axis & allied maps). It remains as a bit of an inside joke that started several years ago #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!