Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm
All times are UTC + 0
NoAmmoWeapon Bugs
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject:  NoAmmoWeapon Bugs Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An OpenTopped unit with NoAmmoWeapon can no longer switch weapon after it has infantries in it.

A gattling unit stops gattling after switching weapon, i.e. it never goes to stage2

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't believe there was ever an intention to combine a gatling logic with no ammo switch.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gattling works fine with SimpleDeployer so I thought WeaponOdds are at index 0 and WeaponEvens are at index 1

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Gattling works fine with SimpleDeployer so I thought WeaponOdds are at index 0 and WeaponEvens are at index 1
Errr... Are you talking about OpenTopped NoAmmoWeapon or Gatling NoAmmoWeapon? :#

As Speeder said, there was no intention on mixing gatling logic with NoAmmoWeapon logic. Though you can make your infantry use 'gatling like' logic with NoAmmoWeapon logic. Forget about your vehicles for moments, give your infantry improvements :v

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm surprised NoAmmo works with Gattling at all. That it even does what it is here described doing exceeds the functionality I was expecting from it. That it would stop gattling systems from working does make sense, though - NoAmmoWeapon calls for a specific Weapon# index, just like a Gattling stage does. This explains why it 'freezes' the unit at a certain stage - the call by NoAmmoWeapon overrides the call of the Gattling stage.

As far as Gattling working unaltered in conjunction with SimpleDeployer - did you test that? Because I can distinctly remember a deployed Gattling unit's Weapon being frozen at stage 1 when firing while deployed when I tested this combination.

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

okay it doesn't work with simpledeployer switch neither
I tried to make a siege chopper with rocket rack on its cannon in the past
it switches weapons in my dream

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon