Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am
All times are UTC + 0
Errors in Kill high and low colour script
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject:  Errors in Kill high and low colour script Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After having playing some of my assets on a darker map, I realized that although I had for sure used the script to wipe out the colours, I still had wrong shades..

So looking into the cscheme file, I noticed 242 was not remapped... but I also disagree with the remaps in the grays too.

Please update the values in lightingcolourkiller.cscheme like so:

240=32
241=37
242=42
243=46
244=50

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is not a bug. If you are unhappy with a custom scheme, make your own and distribute your version here. If it is good enough, I may even add it to future distributions of the program, like what I did with the ones from Apollo.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You already distribute this one, 242=242 is clearly a bug because all it's neighbours are remapped lower and the title includes that range. Since it skips 242, that's a bug.

As for my changes, they are the closest of the grayscale to match, the original values aren't far off, my values are just closer, so I didn't think you'd object?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh also can we have an option/setting not to replace colours on the rubble frame with the rest? They don't follow the same schema with full bright pixels anyway.

Maybe make that as the default/autodetect option when choosing the range of frames to apply. I don't know which method you prefer, but as it is, it makes "all frames" rather useless on buildings.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After some thought I'm replacing the values to the following shades of gray:

240=32
241=37
242=42
243=47
244=52

But, for those who already have the old lightingcolourkiller.cscheme, you'll either have to replace it manually in the SVN or delete it and delete another sacred file like the TS unittem.pal in order to force the installer repair tool. I don't think auto-update will give you the latest version of this custom scheme.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I went through the colours again on a calibrated 21" CRT I haven't used in a while, and these are the best values I got by doing parallel rectangles in VXLSE. Unfortunately the greens and blues don't really match up, and the red shades aren't distinct enough, but this is the best I could get.

240=32
241=39
242=43
243=47
244=51
245=168
246=176
247=182
248=186
249=200
250=201
251=81
252=193
253=195
254=196
255=32

Does anyone else want to do the same tests and confirm so we can reach a consensus?

parallels.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.31 KB
 Viewed:  3206 Time(s)

parallels.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum