Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Weird Beta Temperate Mission
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject:  Weird Beta Temperate Mission Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I was looking around game files and found a weird map for Soviets that is temperate and has something to do with a president (perhaps, USA?). It's awfully broken and it doesn't have a file name (gobble up stuff like after clearing the MIX header). Anyone has any information on what is that?

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought You mean about the map with the minimum map size and temperate, And then you get a remaining time and when it passes, All players will lose.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are a few maps in the mix files that where used in press demos of RA2, they are broken in the final game tho. I presume it's one of these, what is the file name?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

439FEA47 with no extension in maps02.mix. I suppose that's a broken name but it is a map.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

..... Its not a broken name, its a CRC32 hash of the filename, that's how it works in the C&C engine.

The filename is Sov09t.map and it looks like this

Sov09T.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.71 MB
 Viewed:  4669 Time(s)

Sov09T.png

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This looks new to me. Was it used to showcast RA2 gameplay?

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
Maybe.

Is this the type of response this community members give now?

Crimsonum wrote:
This looks new to me. Was it used to showcast RA2 gameplay?

It does look very simple in design, I thought that. But the filename suggests some type of early version of a mission, so perhaps there is a existing mission that looks like this one?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:
PussyPus wrote:
Maybe.

Is this the type of response this community members give now?

Ignore him, he has a habit of posting utterly pointless comments.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, looks like the point of the mission is to do something to the US president which is exactly the object of the actual soviet mission 9. So that might be a beta unfinished version of it before thay moved it to the Alamo map.

Keeper
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest, it looks more like a training/tutorial map than anything else with the way things are set up (teaching the new player how to use capture stuff and use garrisons, learning about decreased build times, etc)

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shrink that map man.

Since there's 2 Alamo's and random, bad looking terrain I'm going with a logic & placement test.
(i.e. Place urban area here, captureable stuff here, bases here and here, etc.)
Until they were told the mission was scrapped and EA being EA, Westwood said: "we'll finish it later, in the expansion. EA needs this shipped YESTERDAY."

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does it have triggers?

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon