Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 am
All times are UTC + 0
XCC Mixer patch for windows 10
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject:  XCC Mixer patch for windows 10 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tried to get XCC mixer running the other day on windows 10, unfortunately I was running into the following problem:

Running XCC Mixer without admin rights:
- Impossible to set up the game paths, palette files were not found and viewing shp files was impossible

Running XCC Mixer with admin rights:
- Drag and Drop is not working (a known windows 10 problem that happens with other programs too)

The solution:
I patched XCC Mixer so it saves its settings in HKEY_CURRENT_USER rather than HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Note: that means you should run XCC Mixer without admin rights from now on. Do not install your games into the program files folder!

Decimal offset for hex editor: "505590" - change "02" to "01"

OR

Memory address: "0047C2F5" - change "PUSH 80000002" to "PUSH 80000001"

-

This is for version 1.47

And before someone posts in here and asks why I didn't use the source code and compile a fixed executable: Try to compile it on your own, it's rocket science! Patching was much quicker

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Drag and drop does work with admin rights, as far as I know. The issue is just that you can't do it between apps started with dirrerent rights.

Which means, you just need to be dragging from an Explorer window also started as admin #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FunkyFr3sh wrote:
This is for version 1.47

What about for this version?

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Drag and drop does work with admin rights, as far as I know. The issue is just that you can't do it between apps started with dirrerent rights.

Which means, you just need to be dragging from an Explorer window also started as admin #Tongue

Worth a try for sure

Banshee wrote:
FunkyFr3sh wrote:
This is for version 1.47

What about for this version?

I could make a patch for it too, but I guess he could also compile a fresh executable since he managed to compile it from sources

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll look into it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess that all you'll need is a find and replace in the project, replacing HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE with HKEY_CURRENT_USER, as long as it is related to XCC Mixer settings. It shouldn't be hard.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PPM Distribution has been updated with this change.

xanax
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee: does the package you provide contains all palettes from  Lin Kuei Ominae ?

See this post : https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=33830

It would be cool if your XCC version featured all palettes and correct paths by default.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I didn't add it. But I can add it as soon as possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum