Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm
All times are UTC + 0
AI problems
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
gouki84
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject:  AI problems Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello so i have the problem that the AI is building units it didnt allowed to build.

for example i modded me a globotech light tank and i want only gdi to build it but still when i play skirmish nod builds this unit.

i put the line aibuildthis=no in its rules doesnt work,.

its weird cause nod doesnt have the prerequisite GAWEAP

so can somebody help me?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have to check in AI ini file whether that unit is being used by an AITrigger meant for Nod side.

AIBuildThis is for buildings, not for units.

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One more thing, AI can bypass prerequisite AFAIK so even if Nod doesn't have "GAWEAP" on its structures list, it can still build the unit.

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could be 100 unit bug if I recall right. Any unit over 100 the AI will SPAM if made buildable.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

gouki84
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you guys for the help, i believe its the 100unit bug
so is there any fix for that or are 100 units to much for the game/engine?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Depending on how many units there are, re-arranging the [VehicleTypes] list could do the trick. Just make sure that only the first 100 units in the list are buildable and that all other units in the list have TechLevel=-1.

So if there's any non-buildable units among the first 100 units, move them down in the list and move the unit you made buildable up in the list to be among the first 100.
If there's more than 100 buildable units already, you'll have to give one of them TechLevel=-1 and move it anywhere under the first the first 100 in the list.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
gouki84
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah ok nice thx but now i have another problem my ecache02 allways gets deleted when i play the game
for example i put the devils tongue tank in my ecache save it and go in the game suddenly the unit is invisible and in the ecache02 the units shp and voxel are deleted

i tried it several times it allways gets deleted when i build the unit ingame

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ecache02.mix is reserved for use by the TI client. Use another ecache file, like Ecache90.mix.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since you're apparently using Twisted Insurrection, you should refrain from adding files to the expandXX.mix and ecacheXX.mix files that the mod itself uses. So don't use ecache01.mix or ecache02.mix and instead create a new ecache09.mix or something and add your SHPs to that (and expand09.mix for your voxels, since the game doesn't read voxels from ecacheXX.mix).

Edit: ninja'd ¬_¬

Edit2:
About the 100-unit-bug, if you know how to use a HEX Editor, you can use the fix that AlexB posted for it a little while ago:
AlexB wrote:
This turns the 100 unit bug into a 1000 unit bug, which should be enough for most modders.

Because it's not one place that needs changes, but over two dozens of bytes spread all over a single function, I made a diff this time.
Code:
000C1652: DC 0C
000C1653: 04 2F
000C173F: DC 0C
000C1740: 04 2F
000C1745: 64 E8
000C1746: 00 03
000C1754: 64 E8
000C1755: 00 03
000C1760: CC DC
000C1761: 01 0F
000C1815: CC DC
000C1816: 01 0F
000C1823: CC DC
000C1824: 01 0F
000C1955: 5C 7C
000C1956: 03 1F
000C1966: CC DC
000C1967: 01 0F
000C1971: CC DC
000C1972: 01 0F
000C19EA: DC 0C
000C19EB: 04 2F
000C1A0A: 5C 7C
000C1A0B: 03 1F
000C1A1F: DC 0C
000C1A20: 04 2F

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
gouki84
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

first off thx for ur help guys yeah i use twisted insurection as my base nothing special just want to put some more units into TI and play for myself

second iam really limited in modding the game so pls can u help me again.

what do i do with this codes?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like I said, if you know your way around with a HEX Editor, use it, otherwise just do what I said in my first post.
To clarify the code: the first column is the address, then comes the original value and then the value you need to change it to.

gouki84
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thx for ur help i dont know how to use hex editor i try ur first tipp thx mate

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gouki84 wrote:
thx for ur help i dont know how to use hex editor i try ur first tipp thx mate

Just a friendly advice, take some tutorials across the internet. However, be very careful on using hex editor. One mistake and you could crash the main exectuable intentionally. If you feel too afraid to do, just use AlexB's code on the Hex Editor or sort out rules.ini and credit Bittah and AlexB.
EDIT: Download an HxD Hex Editor if you want to.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did nothing for him that requires credits though #Tongue

gouki84
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wrong dude u helped me with ur answers the one with the 100 units bug where very frustrating and ur answer helped me alot.

now i want to say my modding skills are very low i can put units and buildings to the game and thats it.
but thats all i want i love TI just want some more units in the mod thats all no public release or somethin just for me

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gouki84 wrote:
wrong dude u helped me with ur answers the one with the 100 units bug where very frustrating and ur answer helped me alot.

now i want to say my modding skills are very low i can put units and buildings to the game and thats it.
but thats all i want i love TI just want some more units in the mod thats all no public release or somethin just for me

What do you mean??

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon