Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm
All times are UTC + 0
About today's downtime...
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject:  About today's downtime...
Subject description: Something has really gone wrong with this server...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone and I am sorry for today's downtime... at least for the latest hour. There is something wrong between my machine and this server and I'm being unable to upload files to this server using FTP (Filezilla and even WinSCP) and cPanel. I was also not being able anymore to run the site without using private browsing in my Firefox. It is really messed up. So, I've tried to add a feature to the forum and replace the constants.php file and I've shutdown the site because the upload was not completing at all. When I found out a way to bypass the problem (SSH), the wonderful team Putty + Nano messed up the file massively. So, I took a long time to manually fix letter by letter using a linux terminal (Nano). It seems to be working now, but the mod I was working on may need to be postponed until Filezilla works again properly.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been noticing what appears to be DDoS attacks on some sites I visit, most likely indirect effects of he real targets being hit, but the end result is things are flaky. Possible your isp is being targeted too?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if my ISP is being targeted. I think that my browser is actually at a fault. If I run it on private browsing some sites like PPM, globo.com and Revora run really fast. If I browse without private browsing, these sites doesn't work anymore here. But that still doesn't explain why I'm unable to upload files to this server. I'm trying to post a topic to ask for some help on Revora forums, but that is also failing to complete Neutral.

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So the cat was successfully installed/reinstalled?

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I cannot continue to develop it until I manage to access the database, because I am not sure about the exact name of certain variables that I've recently added there... lol. Besides that, I'm not sure if I can upload anything to PPM with FTP. Things are still messed up here.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then perhaps you're infected with something like a rootkit or your network stack has some lsp contamination?

Try running Combofix from BleepingComputer, one of the best tools out there to clean shit you can't even see with an anti-virus.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a horrible rootkit called Windows 10. Unfortunately, Combofix from BleepingComputer can't handle that one yet.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
I have a horrible rootkit called Windows 10. Unfortunately, Combofix from BleepingComputer can't handle that one yet.

Laughing

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Honestly, no. You have failed to understand that this is not a problem with my Windows. It is a problem with my Firefox (when it doesn't use Private Browsing). It's probably something wrong with caching/cookies/etc... or probably because I have over 50 tabs opened here #Tongue. Those things run fine on Opera, Google Chrome and even Edge. But Firefox sends less data to Google and Microsoft than Chrome and Edge.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with you, I use FF exclusively, but LSP problems don't necessarily manifest the same in every program. Maybe in your case it really is a FF problem, and you should have the option of running in safe mode without doing private browsing...

It's also possible your identity/profile is somehow screwed up and making a new one might fix it.

I also regularly have 30+ tabs open, because only lamers and old people view one thing at a time #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!