Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:06 am
All times are UTC + 0
Russian Avengers
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject:  Russian Avengers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So i guess this is the Russian version of Avengers.....or Justice League....it certainly looks intriguing....atleast it masters the art of "putting your military into the spotlight in bombastic movies".
While i don't know if the quality holds up to western productions...it does indeed look like a lot of fun....i'll certainly give it a watch. Very Happy

(holy shit i'm already a fan of that chaingun wielding bear-man...) Very Happy

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's certainly refreshing to see something other than 'Murica save the day #Tongue Same goes for the filming locations, it's nice to see Moscow getting wrecked instead of the usual [insert US/EU city here].

Still, I can never understand people who'd rather watch live action films dubbed than subbed. It's just plain awful. I do hope they show this subbed in theaters, if it comes to theaters in the west.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
It's certainly refreshing to see something other than 'Murica save the day #Tongue Same goes for the filming locations, it's nice to see Moscow getting wrecked instead of the usual [insert US/EU city here].

Still, I can never understand people who'd rather watch live action films dubbed than subbed. It's just plain awful. I do hope they show this subbed in theaters, if it comes to theaters in the west.

you have a point there, i'd much rather see a subbed version too

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this is the worst Russian film, it's just a terrible shame.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well given hollywood is dominated by jewish themes (ie. Independence Day and X-men) it's always nice to get a pure/clean perspective on things, even if it's moulded on the typical comic book story.

I just downloaded Space Battleship Yamato (2010), it has a little of everything sci-fi, kinda like the Andromeda/Galactica TV show meets Starship Troopers. I grabbed both dubbed and subbed like usual, sometimes one is better, for example the subbed Space Pirate Captain Harlock was better, but dubbed Attack on Titan was better.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haven't watched many dubbed animes recently. They did a good job on AoT though?

also, part of me is bummed you don't get hardware displays like that in American cinema

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I too prefer English-dubbed anime over the original Japanese (unless of course the dubbing is subpar), which often sounds way too neotenic and kawaii for my taste.

Quote:

I'd be interested to know why. Too Hollywood-esque? #Tongue

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can agree on that last part, but I'm far too impatient #Tongue

My two favorites of the last year would probably see English dubs in mid/late 2017 at the earliest, if at all

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glukv48 wrote:

i saw the like/dislike ration on the original trailer and it aseems russians don't like it at all. But i think even if it will be bad, it does look like a film you can watch with friends and beer. i'd certainly give it a chance.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I rather liked another Russian production called Night Watch, it's a kind of weird vampire and religious movie smashed together. It has a sequel called Day Watch but while it had interesting elements, the way they wrap up the story annoyed me, kinda like the Matrix sequels. Still the first one is definitely worth a watch.

Another subbed movie many of you might like is Mongol, obviously the story of Temujin becoming Ghengis Khan. I believe it was a joint Russian production, but the story and dialog is very authentic, not like the new Birth of the Dragon movie, where they whitewash the Dragon into a plot element in favour of some irrelevant kid.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon