Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Creating Artillery Barrage super weapon.
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:30 am    Post subject:  Creating Artillery Barrage super weapon.
Subject description: Some questions I need to ask.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I'm trying to create a similar to Artillery Barrage from Generals China General Power by using Type=LightningStorm.

Code:
[ArtillerySpecial]
UIName=Name:NATR
Name=Artillery Barrage
IsPowered=false
RechargeVoice=00-I154
ChargingVoice=
ImpatientVoice=
SuspendVoice=
;RechargeTime=0.1
RechargeTime=1
Type=LightningStorm
SidebarImage=NukeTRIcon
Action=LightningStorm
SW.Damage=300
SW.Warhead=TKWH
SW.ActivationSound=none
Lightning.RadarOutage=0
Lightning.Clouds=INVISO
Lightning.BoltExplosion=MINIHBOMB
Lightning.Bolts=INVISO
ShowTimer=yes
DisableableFromShell=yes ; gs this determines which superweapons are turned off by the checkbox
Range=8
LineMultiplier=2

So I've been checking Ares particularly Type=LightningStorm section but there are some that I can't understand(I apologize for that) so here are my questions:

1. On Weather Storm, there's a weather cloud at the center that it will repeatedly hit the center part of the cell range. How can I make it stop or rather I could say will not repeatedly hit the center?

2. How can I remove the "darkening of weather" once activated? To be honest I don't know what I should put on this "[SuperWeapon]►Light.*=" part.

I guess that's all. And if you think there's some sort of mistake on my coding for Artillery Barrage super weapon, feel free to point it out.

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For 2, you should use

Code:

Light.Ambient=1.0
Light.Red=1.0
Light.Green=1.0
Light.Blue=1.0

Generals Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/generals-alpha
Romanov's Vengeange: https://www.moddb.com/mods/romanovs-vengeance

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But that causes everything black.

And here's another one question that I almost forgot to ask also.

3. Once I activate this super weapon, most likely other Weather Storms will not be able to activate during this because of the Type=LightningStorm. So the question is, how can I fix this that this super weapon can be activated while other Weather Storm is activated?

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never mind about the question number 2 as I've already figured out. Though what's are the integers of Lightning for Psychic Dominator?

And also questions 1 and 3 still persist.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) Presumably impossible. What you _can_ do is make the actual explosions invisible and damage-less, and give them a debris animation that in turn expires with a (visible and damaging) actual 'explosion'. This will scatter the hits around their original points of impact, making it less obvious that a certain area is being struck consistently throughout the duration of the effect.
3) We know the default status and the Ares manual does not appear to indicate any alteration done to it; I'm afraid that here, too, there is no satisfactory solution, but I concede that there's a greater chance I'll be shown to be wrong by another poster.

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Millennium wrote:
1) Presumably impossible. What you _can_ do is make the actual explosions invisible and damage-less, and give them a debris animation that in turn expires with a (visible and damaging) actual 'explosion'. This will scatter the hits around their original points of impact, making it less obvious that a certain area is being struck consistently throughout the duration of the effect.

Ooooookay. I guess I will try that and I'll just post here if I'm stuck of some problem.

But on Mental Omega, their Lightning Storm is "totally scattered" and it barely hits the center(Which that's what I want to do). Unless they've used the same method as you told me?

And any clues for the Lightning(Ambient and RGB) integers of the Psychic Dominator? I've been trying to search for it but still can't find it.

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think 3 is about AI Targeting tag not Type but not sure.

Generals Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/generals-alpha
Romanov's Vengeange: https://www.moddb.com/mods/romanovs-vengeance

gameaddict11707
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

chr0nicz420 wrote:
But on Mental Omega, their Lightning Storm is "totally scattered" and it barely hits the center(Which that's what I want to do). Unless they've used the same method as you told me?

And any clues for the Lightning(Ambient and RGB) integers of the Psychic Dominator? I've been trying to search for it but still can't find it.

For scattering, Lightning.HitDelay set to 0, Lightning.ScatterDelay, Lightning.ScatterCount, and Lightning.Separation set to 1 or more.
For Psychic Dominator lighting, the defaults are:
Code:
Light.Ambient=1.500000
Light.Red=0.850000
Light.Blue=0.300000
Light.Green=0.200000

So play around with those and change them to whatever you feel works for your SW.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was under the impression that he somehow found a certain cloud to always be positioned over the target cell, regardless of how scattered the other clouds were?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a modding question, why is this in the Ares forum is beyond me.

In any case, if you want the barrage be activated during an active storm, you'll have to use GenericWarhead to spawn an animation at very high with SW.Animation(Height) and let said animation throw debris. This however prevents you to use lighting.

Also, Mr Clueless, yes, that's why Lightning.HitDelay is required - the Storm indeed spawns clouds directly at the target as well, besides randomly in a range.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So that's what that does. Interesting.
And yes, of course there are a lot of alternate ways to create an artillery barrage via SW types that will not have the problem of being 'locked' during a Lightning Storm.

Last edited by Millennium on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

In any case, if you want the barrage be activated during an active storm, you'll have to use GenericWarhead to spawn an animation at very high with SW.Animation(Height) and let said animation throw debris.

It should be noted that debris has issues damaging targets on water / forces water splashes.

Also a bit old school but RTFM

http://ares-developers.github.io/Ares-docs/new/superweapons/lighting.html?highlight=lighting

[SuperWeapon]►Light.Enabled= (boolean)
Whether the lighting gets respected or not. Currently only the primary super weapons support lighting changes.

[SuperWeapon]►Light.Ambient= (integer)

An integer is a whole number, not a decimal.  So in the example MustaphaTR it was 1 which would be pitch black. Normal would be 100.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Graion:
Eh. Since I thought this kind of modding definitely requires Ares and can't simply do this on vanilla so I thought this should be on the Ares section. Well, I apologize for that.

Anyway, thanks everyone that I managed to organized my super weapon perfectly. Here's another question, can SW.AITargeting has more than 2? Like SW.AITargeting=Nuke,PsychicDominator.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon