Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am
All times are UTC + 0
DoorAnim Rate
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject:  DoorAnim Rate Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried to synchronize an animation on a warfactory's DoorAnim with one on the ProductionAnim.
I gave both the same number of 60 frames in the animation.

Both start at the same frame ingame when a unit is build, yet even with Rate=900 (which is fastest) on the ProductionAnim, the DoorAnim is about 19 frames faster.

Does anyone know at which Rate the DoorAnim of a warfactory plays?
Is there any way to slow the DoorAnim down or give it a different Rate?
Since DoorAnim= uses the SHP directly without checking any art.ini section, i don't see how this could be done.

Or is there any other way to make sure the ProductionAnim plays at the same speed as the DoorAnim?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can change the DeployTime= value of the gate in Rules.ini to adjust the rate of the animation.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, excellent.
I just tested the key and it really works. Expected it to be another of WWs non-working keys.

Thanks.

Now i only have to figure out which DeployTime value relates to which Rate value.
DeployTime seems to be an absolute value, into which it squeezes all the frames of the DoorAnim, regardless how many there are.
Should be simple math to calculate DeployTime from a given Rate value and number of frames.

While we are at it, you don't happen to know a way to delay the spawning of the new build unit?
I would like to have the unit spawned after several frames and not immediately when construction is complete and the DoorAnim starts.
e.g. the unit should not be spawned inside the warfactory until the DoorAnim has reached the last frame.

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think there's a way to delay when a war factory spawns a new unit: I'd have done it for Nod's airfield in DTA if I knew how. Instead the unit is covered up by the production anim until I want it to be visible.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, i intend to use the DoorAnim to cover it.
But since the anim is rather long, it could be dangerous for the new unit to stand there completely passive and vulnerable until the anim finishes.
I guess there's no way around it then.

Public SHPs

Tools

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To answer your DeployTime problem, 60 frames should be 0.0044 (if it even takes more than 3 decimal points) to match up with Rate=900 (15 fps). That's 4 seconds for the entire animation to take place.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DeployTime is measured in minutes
4 seconds = 0.067 minutes
So it would be DeployTime=0.067 Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's what I get for second guessing myself, I don't know why I started using milliseconds now that I look at it fresh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon