Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Allegiance of Americans and the US Army/ The Drone Question
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Sirius007
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject:  Allegiance of Americans and the US Army/ The Drone Question Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, Its Moonreaper here. First off, I enjoy your Amazing Mod of TS

However, the Story confuses me a lot. So here are some of my questions

Is GDI still being blamed for destroying the White House with the Ion Cannon in Twisted Insurrection?

Based on the answer to the previous question, Is America under NOD control?

-If YES, how loyal are they and where in the hell is GDI hiding besides Iceland?

-If NO, then why hasn't NOD taken over?

Is the US Army part of NOD? The Canadian and Mexican Armies?

What is the fate of James Solomon (GDI Commander in Tiberium Dawn. General in Tiberium Sun)? Havoc (Protagonist of Renegade)

What did NOD do to the countless Abrams and Humvees they received at the end of the war?

Why hasn't NOD simply overran GDI and GlobalTech with Drones and Infantry? (It's not like they can't find the buggers)

Did EVERY single Subfaction within NOD actually partake in the Cyborg Civil War? (Including the Black Hand and CABAL's Mark of Kane)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello! Thanks for the kind words, we're all happy to hear that you're enjoying the mod.

The Twisted Insurrection story does indeed have some confusing points and does need some little bits of refining here and there which will be done at some point, though actual game elements are taking my highest priority so I'm not in a rush to re-word the story as of this moment, but I will answer all of your questions to the best of my ability.

Quote:
Is GDI still being blamed for destroying the White House with the Ion Cannon in Twisted Insurrection?

Based on the answer to the previous question, Is America under NOD control?

-If YES, how loyal are they and where in the hell is GDI hiding besides Iceland?

-If NO, then why hasn't NOD taken over?

Yes to the first question and no to the second. GDI was blamed for the Ion Cannon strike and continues to be in our storyline, their funding remained cut and only regained strength once the allegiance with GloboTech was formed. Nod dominated Africa in Tiberian Dawn and other portions of the World, it's explained fairly well in the opening sequence of Nod Mission 01, however, not all areas of the World were under Nod control as they were yet to reach those regions (America included), this is ultimately the goal throughout the Nod campaign, but you're set back by GDI's increasing strength.

Quote:
Is the US Army part of NOD? The Canadian and Mexican Armies?

Not a part of Nod, though to be honest with you, I'd never really thought that far ahead about it taking into account each country's own army. I'd just always ventured to say that The US Army (and other allied nations) is what ultimately became GDI.

Quote:
What did NOD do to the countless Abrams and Humvees they received at the end of the war?

It's not stated anywhere in any way or form as far as I know that Nod simply "receives" them.

Quote:
What is the fate of James Solomon (GDI Commander in Tiberium Dawn. General in Tiberium Sun)? Havoc (Protagonist of Renegade)

Erastus covered these questions in another thread.

Quote:
Why hasn't NOD simply overran GDI and GlobalTech with Drones and Infantry? (It's not like they can't find the buggers)

Have you ever tried overrunning a GDI or GloboTech base in TI with drones and infantry alone? #Tongue

Quote:
Did EVERY single Subfaction within NOD actually partake in the Cyborg Civil War? (Including the Black Hand and CABAL's Mark of Kane)

This is a part of the story that needs further explanation I feel as it's not portrayed very well in the campaign, but note that Mark of Kane isn't considered a thing in TI, CABAL technically doesn't exist either.

Sirius007
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the response. Don't rush the answers if you aren't sure or that you need to talk to your friends

Wouldn't the US Army, UN Soldiers and many other troops desert GDI for destroying the White House?

Who else in the Renegade storyline is Alive or Dead?

Is McNeil still in a NOD Children Camp being experimented upon (He was rescued by Solomon at the end of Dawn)

It is said in either the NOD or GDI first mission (not sure if you ret-con it) that the Brotherhood takes over 80% of the World by the end of TD

-Are you going to stick to that storyline, that NOD controls most of the world?

-Which Continents are under NOD control?

Shouldn't NOD have the TD Commando unit as well, at least in Singleplayer? (Perhaps in the underground GlobalTech Mission)

Would the Forgotten still exist?

What happens to Mutants in NOD territory?

Shouldn't NOD have the Tacticus?

How come it took Nod 6 years to retake the Tiberium field they lost to GDI?

-What is the ratio of NOD soldiers to GDI ones?

redfox34
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:

Quote:

It's not stated anywhere in any way or form as far as I know that Nod simply "receives" them.

It'd be interesting to have an early war GDI mission focusing on reclaiming and/or denying captured war material from/to the Brotherhood.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not a bad idea at all. I'll make a note of it.

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
How come it took Nod 6 years to retake the Tiberium field they lost to GDI?

Because Nod sucks  Razz

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sirius007 wrote:

Is McNeil still in a NOD Children Camp being experimented upon (He was rescued by Solomon at the end of Dawn)

This sounds more like a GloboTech or GDI mission to break up such a camp.

Quote:

What happens to Mutants in NOD territory?

I wondered about that as well.

A question I have is - wouldn't there be splinter factions in GDI as well.
That Nod is splintered is known but if GDI has thrown that Ion Strike at the White House I wouldn't be surprised if GDI didn't make it out in one piece either.

Also, I think we have too few civilians, especially armed civilians, in the game. Also females (just look at the Globotech first mission - aren't ALL the civilians male? Talking about stereotypical. Also the Medics and Sensor vehicle being female and no other units ^^ )

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Shouldn't Nod have the TD Commando unit as well, at least in Singleplayer? (Perhaps in the underground GloboTech Mission)

Artistic licence, however it is still subject to possible change.

Quote:
Is McNeil still in a Nod Children Camp being experimented upon (He was rescued by Solomon at the end of Dawn)

Perhaps that has yet to be seen, since we're still working on Twisted Dawn.

Quote:
Who else in the Renegade storyline is Alive or Dead?

Renegade characters that likely survived: General Adam Locke, Lt. Adriana Maus, Dr, Ignatio Mobius, Sakura Obata, Deadeye, Gunner and Hotwire.

Quote:

Mutated humans do still exist but they're not as common, as many of these people were test subjects in Nod's Tiberium experiments. Since GDI lost, there were less camps liberated and thus fewer mutants.

Quote:
What happens to Mutants in Nod territory?

Nod view them with contempt (Seen as being granted a divine gift by Kane but being too weak to handle it.) and will generally kill them, force them into doing hard labour or continue experimenting on them.

Quote:
Shouldn't Nod have the Tacitus?

A piece of it, GloboTech have/had a piece too.

Vulture wrote:
A question I have is - wouldn't there be splinter factions in GDI as well.
That Nod is splintered is known but if GDI has thrown that Ion Strike at the White House I wouldn't be surprised if GDI didn't make it out in one piece either.

They didn't get out in one piece, a large proportion of GDI obeyed the United Nations order to stand down after the Ion Cannon strike, only the more stubborn of their forces refused to lay down arms and fight the accusation.

The result was scattered bands of GDI forces resisting Nod assaults. The player just so happens to be a member of a more fortunate splinter since their leader made a deal with GloboTech. But many of them were crushed as seen in the GDI Intro. Though the likelihood of it shrinks as the campaign progresses there's a chance that there's still a none GT aligned GDI cell out there.

Quote:
Questions regarding the United States.

The United States is falling apart, the bulk of their military is busy with domestic issues. The unprecedented crisis that is Tiberium is overwhelming the containment efforts of even the greatest nations coupled with Nods insidious efforts to collapse countries from within, the world is spiralling out of control.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

United Nations?

That should either imply that there is a 4th faction (the UN Forces), that a lot of GDI soldiers joined GloboTech after standing down, or that there are a ton of armed civilians.

Or even a combination of all three.

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep many ex-GDI soldiers did indeed join GloboTech, you can see civilians fighting Nod in their intro and you can also find a couple of UN units in the map editor.
However, the Nod mission 1 briefing currently mentions that the UN is gone by the time of the TI era missions.

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Sirius007
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe there should be a few maps detailing NOD, GDI, GlobalTech and Neutral territory:

-At the end of NOD winning Tiberium Dawn

-The beginning of Twisted Insurrection (3 years later)

I will make a New Topic later with my maps to sort out which territories are controlled by each faction

Shouldn't Ireland be part of NOD due to the IRA being one of their supporters?

Would Kane recruit a young Tratos as one of his scientists? (Even though he is a Mutant, the guy is a genius)

ErastusMercy wrote:
Yep many ex-GDI soldiers did indeed join GloboTech, you can see civilians fighting Nod in their intro and you can also find a couple of UN units in the map editor.
However, the Nod mission 1 briefing currently mentions that the UN is gone by the time of the TI era missions.

So the Forgotten was destroyed in its infancy

Doesn't the Brotherhood use Mutants in both Tiberium Sun (The Hijacker) and Tiberium Wars (Nod Engineer)?

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Maybe there should be a few maps detailing NOD, GDI, GlobalTech and Neutral territory:

-At the end of NOD winning Tiberium Dawn

-The beginning of Twisted Insurrection (3 years later)

Doing a world allegiance map is something we've been meaning to sort out for a while but it just hasn't been a major priority.

Quote:
Shouldn't Ireland be part of Nod due to the IRA being one of their supporters?

That's possible, I think they may have had a Nod presences in TS too.

Quote:
Doesn't the Brotherhood use Mutants in both Tiberian Sun (The Hijacker) and Tiberium Wars (Nod Engineer)?

The Mutant Hijacker was only a Nod unit in Skirmish/multi-player if I remember correctly, in any-case Nod has a history of hiring mercenaries.

It seems unlikely that the C&C3 Saboteur is actually a mutant. Yes it appears they were in the concept art and early character model but by the release they had given the model a healthier looking build and they die when in prolonged contact with Tiberium, yet the Mutant Marauders don't.

During Tiberian Sun Nod would manipulate mutants for their own ends but did you ever notice how revolted Oxanna was by Umagon? Now imagine that revulsion in a scenario where Nod has the upper hand over GDI.
That said exceptional individuals that The Brotherhood could use might be tolerated, for as long as they're useful.

Quote:
So the Forgotten was destroyed in its infancy.

We're not saying that there aren't bands of mutants but they are a far fewer and smaller than they were in TS.

redfox34
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since we're on the lore train, one thing that confuses me is the status of Kane -- the old Story summary and the events in-game don't seem to quite line up.  Is he still alive/directing Nod during the campaign, or has he already disappeared?

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

redfox34 wrote:
Since we're on the lore train, one thing that confuses me is the status of Kane -- the old Story summary and the events in-game don't seem to quite line up.  Is he still alive/directing Nod during the campaign, or has he already disappeared?

There is indeed some disparity between the old and in-game story that requires rectification. Kane disappears during the early TI era (the in-between tech phase). He's still around at the start of the campaign,
in fact you can see him briefly in the Nod intro, he's standing next to the Tiberium Monument during the civilian attack.

Last edited by ErastusMercy on Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about the part where a bald guy escapes trough Chronosphere in that GDI mission? The unit itself is named KANE, but the team he is assigned to in scripts is called Yuri/Kane/BaldGuy. Does it actually mean anything, or it is just an easter egg/reference to that unused WW idea about Yuri being an acolyte of Kane accidentally sucked into a chronovortex and chronoshifted into Soviet time?

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damfoos wrote:
What about the part where a bald guy escapes trough Chronosphere in that GDI mission? The unit itself is named KANE, but the team he is assigned to in scripts is called Yuri/Kane/BaldGuy. Does it actually mean anything, or it is just an easter egg/reference to that unused WW idea about Yuri being an acolyte of Kane accidentally sucked into a chronovortex and chronoshifted into Soviet time?

Haha, I get asked that one even on Deviant Art. Yes the mission was indeed based on the old Westwood idea for Incursion, one of a few homages to the game. There's psychic technology being employed by the Nod forces on that map so who do you think the person was, Kane or Yuri?

Spoiler (click here to read it):
It's Yuri, his stranding in another timeline creates Mental Omega.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm.... I don't think this part of the mission hints you about Mental Omega  at all, it is just some bald dude entering the Chronosphere, you can treat this as a creation of RA2 timeline, but why would you think about MO?. It'd be more interesting if he said something before doing it, and this "something" would clearly hint for MO and not for RA2. And a cherry on top of that, convince Speeder to put a hint to this event into MO, be it a part of briefing or some other easter egg you'd find during some mission Very Happy

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We wanted to leave it open to interpretation, as we thought the mystery would be more fun. The mission is due to be remade as the layout of the second half of the map is too simple and uninteresting. So you never know there might be some more hints during it.

Sirius007
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What happened to Russia between the end of Tiberium Dawn and the beginning of Twisted Insurrection?

Is Australia part of NOD? The home base of the Black Hand?

Who is the Computer Voice in NOD mission one if its not CABAL?

There should be a Mission in which part of GlobalTech sides with NOD after breaking off their Alliance with GDI:

-Reuse the map for Azure Sands (Nightime with

-When playing as NOD you control Cyborgs and GlobalTech Vehicles to destroy both

Objective 1: Eliminate GlobalTech Sentries

Objective 2: Destroy GlobalTech base within Five Minutes!

Objective 3: Destroy GDI base within Ten Minutes!

-Playing as GDI is more difficult, but you get Mutants, yay!

Objective 1: Defend from GlobalTech attacks until Base is built (No GDI Vehicles, if you go for vehicles, the Forgotten will provide for you

Objective 2: Capture a GlobalTech building in Ten Minutes and defend it from NOD and GlobalTech for another Ten Minutes (Part of GlobalTech defects to you)

Objective 3: Use GDI and GlobalTech Airforce to destroy the Nod base

-The GlobalTech perspective is the hardest (Not only does NOD gain defectors but a GlobalTech Commander is attempting a coup against Steele!)

Objective 1: Defend against GDI, Tiberium Lifeforms, Forgotten, Traitor GlobalTech and NOD Forces until you gathered 7k Credits! (You can only train Infantry! Use limited Airforce as well as Armory wisely)

-After mining enough Tiberium, GlobalTech bribes Forgotten into a peace treaty. Tiberium Lifeforms stop attacking GlobalTech and start attacking NOD, GDI and Traitor GlobalTech (Mutants leave the battlefield but give you access to Mutant Mammoth Tanks!)

Objective 2: Kill GDI Commander (Part of GDI defects to you)

Objective 3: Destroy Traitor GlobalTech base before you are overwhelmed by NOD

I like missions that can be played through the perspective of more than one side. One of the strong points of the CnC Games

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Globotech not Globaltech  Razz

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have played most of the TD missions now, and I must say I like them, as the base building is fairly limited and funds are restricted (no respawning Tiberium).

None of the TD missions take that long from what I've seen until now, so that's nice too. I'm not surprised by having to throw 60ish Goliaths at an enemy base anymore.

redfox34
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vulture wrote:

Also, I think we have too few civilians, especially armed civilians, in the game. Also females (just look at the Globotech first mission - aren't ALL the civilians male? Talking about stereotypical. Also the Medics and Sensor vehicle being female and no other units ^^ )

Bumping this just because I wanted to +1 this opinion.  I think GDI and GloboTech could benefit from some female unit voices.   Nod doesn't really need them, since the fact of the word "Brotherhood" seems to imply a certain exclusion.   C&C has always been pretty male-dominated, it'd be awesome to get some non-stereotype female representation in a few of the units.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

redfox34 wrote:
Nod doesn't really need them, since the fact of the word "Brotherhood" seems to imply a certain exclusion.

Well, in modern times the word "brotherhood" doesn't necessarily mean an organization exclusive to men. In post-TD games Nod has also had high-ranking female characters (Oxanna, Sakura, Petrova). However, considering the organization is largely based in third world countries with strongly patriarchal societies, I can imagine Nod suffering a lot from misogyny amongst its lower ranks. I think this was also well portrayed in TW where the only female unit is the Commando (a high-ranking unit).

What comes to stereotypical female units like the medic, they're only using placeholder voices (from Generals IIRC). We aim to replace all placeholder voices in due time, but so far we've had no female voice actors, which limits our ability to give female voices to non-stereotypical units.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

redfox34 wrote:
Vulture wrote:

Bumping this just because I wanted to +1 this opinion.  I think GDI and GloboTech could benefit from some female unit voices.   Nod doesn't really need them, since the fact of the word "Brotherhood" seems to imply a certain exclusion.   C&C has always been pretty male-dominated, it'd be awesome to get some non-stereotype female representation in a few of the units.

Direct some female voice talent our way.

redfox34
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are a couple people I know that might be willing to help, but they're not professional voice actors.  I'd need to have some sort of lines to give them and/or maybe some quality guidelines for the sound files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum