Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Patriot missiles -remake- [RA2/YR]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [49 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject:  Patriot missiles -remake- [RA2/YR] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe the original patriot missiles is one of the worst graphics of RA2...

anyway, I bring you a remake of it.
Containt:
-Builup animation. (generic and no with snow)
-damaged frame. (generic and no with snow)
-codes.

Cameos:

Code:
RULES:

[Aniamtions]
xx=GAPATRIOTTUR

[NASAM]
TurretAnim=GAPATRIOTTUR
TurretAnimIsVoxel=false
TurretAnimZAdjust=-25

ART:

[NASAM]
Buildup=PATRIOTMK

[GAPATRIOTTUR]
Normalized=no
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=31
LoopCount=-1
Rate=0
Layer=ground
NewTheater=yes
Shadow=yes
Surface=yes
Normalized=no

Credits are optional, enjoy the modding!

Patriot missiles_SC.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Patriot missiles_SC.rar
 Filesize:  69.08 KB
 Downloaded:  1527 Time(s)

Last edited by HG_SCIPCION on Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ankarar
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow!, amazing job dude it looks very detailed, keep up the good work!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, I never understood why the original had voxel graphics. It doesn't even change its firing angle, thus making any benefits of voxel graphics nonexistant.

Great job with the remake!

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Lol, I never understood why the original had voxel graphics. It doesn't even change its firing angle, thus making any benefits of voxel graphics nonexistant.

To make a rotating voxel is quicker/easier than a rotating .shp isn't it?

Nice work HG, I may use this haha Smile

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good.

Makes the sentry gun / flak cannon look out of place now :p

Shame grand cannon needs voxel for recoil although revamp would be cool.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Faithful to the original design without the eyesore that is voxel-based turret. Great work.

Crimsonum wrote:

Wouldn't help anyway since the barrel/turret firing angle changing logic from TS is gone entirely in RA2.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow I've been dying to replace the vanilla one, you're the best thanks haha

EDIT:
Slight flaw with the rules code, here's what worked for me:

rules.ini
Code:
** TurretAnim=GGPATRIOTTUR (code provided shows something else)
TurretAnimIsVoxel=false
** TurretAnimZAdjust=-25 (-5 still shows base SHP on top of turret)

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

for those who need a cameo you can grab the one Aro made for my Patriot Missile in my Topic.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Beautiful. Excellent job. Smile

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
To make a rotating voxel is quicker/easier than a rotating .shp isn't it?

not really, rotate a shp is extreme easy with 3dsMax...

Quote:
Makes the sentry gun / flak cannon look out of place now :p

:p
yes, I was thinking about that:

@XxpeddyxX thanks, fixed Smile

@Atomic_Noodles ahhhh true, is necessary cameos!!!

And thanks... I'm making more for free.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking good, happy holidays Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work! It looks somewhat Starcraft-y (which I like).

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is so beautiful... Would look very nice in any mod

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome creation.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied General wrote:
Shame grand cannon needs voxel for recoil although revamp would be cool.

You can use the extended Turret Anim Facings which requires more rendering workload though as you'll have to do 32x[# of Frames per direction] for it. So it could be alot of frames.

SightHawk
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can i use this for my mod and credit u for it?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's your answer: Yes.
He wouldn't let us download this beautiful piece of art if it were just for show.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Better than the original

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep. But it doesn't fit with the others anymore. Does anyone have the other defenses?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks fine to me...  Confused

ally_defenses_ra2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.07 KB
 Viewed:  16856 Time(s)

ally_defenses_ra2.png

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sentry Gun, Flak Cannon, Tesla Coil, Gattling Cannon, Psychic Tower, Bunkers, Walls...

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

necropost festival?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Sentry Gun, Flak Cannon, Tesla Coil, Gattling Cannon, Psychic Tower, Bunkers, Walls...

So you're asking me to mix in an Allied Air Defense with Soviet Defenses... of course they're gonna clash.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SightHawk wrote:
Can i use this for my mod and credit u for it?

Why do you even bother asking when it's for Public Use?

Why did he even release it here in the first place? Anything in the SHP, VXL, 3D Models, and Sounds Forums are for Public Use

Just Credit Him

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Just Credit Him"

unnecessary... just use it... I don't want that you waste your time with credits nonsense.

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

soon...

heh.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  154.79 KB
 Viewed:  16235 Time(s)

heh.png

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O_O damn nice.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will you remake Yuri buildings too?

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I feel like Sentry's "body" should be a bit bulkier, but it's a good remake nonetheless.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Took ya long enough #Tongue

But the Sentry Gun body looks to be rendered from the wrong angle (slightly more upwards than it should've been) and definitely needs to be a bit bulkier.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can get behind these new defenses.

Steam

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
I can get behind these new defenses.

#monalisa

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually looks perfect...

(jpg image)

What defenses want guys? A lot of people want graphics with good quality and nice design like MO, I will make a lot of free assets (100% public).

I just will make public assets... no more exclusive assets Wink (like all my work)

Last edited by HG_SCIPCION on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Think you can re-work the other defenses?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love that Sentry Gun! Can you make some sort of artillery cannon for Yuri?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anonymous wrote:
Can you make some sort of artillery cannon for Yuri?

SECONDED!

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about an anti-personnel mortar launcher turret...

Something small so it can rotate quickly, with some defensive wall structure around it, similar to a castle wall. The turret itself should appear boxy and metal, riveted soviet-style.

Also a single barrel anti-tank version of the sentry gun would be cool too.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something like Nooze's mortar turret he released a few days ago?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damfoos wrote:
Something like Nooze's mortar turret he released a few days ago?

WHAT Where?

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh wow these looks nice

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That sentry gun is amazing! The quality in which you work is quite amazing.

Defenses wise, if you just remake the current stuff and add a few specialized defenses like rad turrets or mines for soviets. Yuri has the fewest of the defensive structures, but has a very challenging art design so that's most likely why he never gets love.

Although, some ore silos would be sweet!

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure why people love the silo-logic.
I mean, it got cut from Red Alert 2, RA3 and Emperor Battle for Dune for a reason...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, to please the simple player who doesn't wants to take care of economy and just stupidly spam tanks.

Even though storage in refs is more than enough, so silos themselves are indeed not really necessary. But the entirely removed storage logic is just bad and boring.

though that's offtopic.

ontopic:
very nice defense buildings there. Approved!

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
yes, to please the simple player who doesn't wants to take care of economy and just stupidly spam tanks.

You mean to tell me you don't love it when tanks go all out and get a bunch of 'splosions all around? Wink

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HG_SCIPCION wrote:
Actually looks perfect...

(jpg image)

What defenses want guys? A lot of people want graphics with good quality and nice design like MO, I will make a lot of free assets (100% public).

I just will make public assets... no more exclusive assets Wink (like all my work)

Looking good.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Weird question, I did nothing to the FLH, and since giving the patriot this turret, it fires from FLH 0,0,0 no matter what I subsequently set it to. is this intended behaviour? I'm using ARES if that makes a difference.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump again. Added a simple snow frame and reduced buildup duration. If you guys have a proper ZAdjust and YSort for this structure, let us know Razz

PS: I hope HG_SCIPCION will make his own remake version of Gatling Cannon  Twisted Evil

gasamturd.png
 Description:
Snow version
 Filesize:  5.75 KB
 Viewed:  7604 Time(s)

gasamturd.png

HG_SCIPCION's Patriot Missile Remake.rar
 Description:
The download

Download
 Filename:  HG_SCIPCION's Patriot Missile Remake.rar
 Filesize:  107.73 KB
 Downloaded:  217 Time(s)

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz wrote:
Bump again. Added a simple snow frame and reduced buildup duration. If you guys have a proper ZAdjust and YSort for this structure, let us know Razz

PS: I hope HG_SCIPCION will make his own remake version of Gatling Cannon  Twisted Evil

This might fix the need for that, made by some guy on RA2DIY

buildngz.zip
 Description:
just extract and place into the ra2 directory

Download
 Filename:  buildngz.zip
 Filesize:  3.6 KB
 Downloaded:  191 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [49 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!