Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[YR] Whirlpool (2-8)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Chrono Vortex
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject:  [YR] Whirlpool (2-8) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This map is built around engineers having the ability to hijack vehicles. The idea is that you capture a certain tech building activating some airborne or teleporting reinforcements which you can then also capture. Experimentation suggests that trying to use engineers to hijack enemy vehicles is extremely inefficient if not entirely futile, so the mechanic shouldn't interfere with normal gameplay too much.

It's probably important to note that the four refineries each get a hijackable harvester reinforcement immediately after capture, so if you're not the Allies you should have an extra engineer ready for them.

Whirlpool.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  873.38 KB
 Viewed:  4333 Time(s)

Whirlpool.png

Whirlpool.yrm
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Whirlpool.yrm
 Filesize:  349.35 KB
 Downloaded:  437 Time(s)

Last edited by Chrono Vortex on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:20 am; edited 4 times in total

RikkaXGoddess
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice map Smile

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed. Great job !

Chrono Vortex
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UPDATE: Just finished up the ambient sounds and gave the center positions an extra oil derrick each. I added some loaded trucks which patrol over the bridges occasionally and some other miscellaneous details as well.

Also, I’ve recently been accused of being a Nazi over this map, and I feel the need to make it clear that Nazism was not even slightly on my mind while I was making this. It never occurred to me that it would end up looking like a swastika…

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ignore the people calling you Nazi or whatever, most of them are ignorant fokkers... and can't even see the irony of hatefully attacking you for supporting someone else's supposed hatred.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It took me awhile to see the "swastika" in your map & I've made a map for D-day intentionally shaped like a swastika! For which I have yet to received any negative comments about it, I guess you randomly managed to attract someone sensitive enough tho.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It doesn't look like a swastika. I'd say the S shaped map is a very common design, and it's made double in 2 player maps which happens to vaguely make this shape. It's not like the D-Day map where it's blatantly obvious, not least because of the mods subject matter.

You could always just add some random little ice islands around the shores for detail that muddies it.

Chrono Vortex
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks guys, but I wasn't really all that bothered, certainly not enough to mess with the terrain over it. Besides, the swastika meant a whole ton of other crud before it meant "Nazis."

It just seemed like something I should bring up before people realized what the map was vaguely, subtly, possibly hintingly shaped like on their own. A bold, blatant swastika map is one thing, but one where you have to look for it? That could be an entirely different story, and one which, worst case, may have ended with me being burned at the proverbial stake.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon