Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:57 am
All times are UTC + 0
Warhead and Unit Death Anim
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Frank123
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:  Warhead and Unit Death Anim
Subject description: Is there any way to give a tank a death anim like infantry ones?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So.. I make a fake temporal explosion warhead (with CellSpread) by using the attacheffect logic with "sparkle" animation and give the Warhead InfDeathAnim=WARPAWAY. Everything works as I expect but I want to give the units a Death Anim like that of the infantry. Is there any way I can do that?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not possible to give units a specific death anim for a weapon. If this weapon kills the unit(s) in one hit tho you may be able to use a workaround to play an separate anim over the unit as it dies tho. But it depends on how you are codeing & using the weapon, try experimenting with splits type weapons to apply multiple different warheads to the target &/or along with PreImpactAnim.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
IamInnocent
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares has Suppress Death Weapon function that prevents units from using their DeathWeapons like temporal warheads. However it is not possible to give vehicles, aircrafts or buildings death anims on warheads.

http://ares-developers.github.io/Ares-docs/new/warheads/deathweapon.html

Edit: Alternatively, it is possible to use IvanBomb logic along with AttachAffect's functions animations (Plus Alpha Images) to create a similar effect to temporal. The only downside is the affected unit will still produce sound when being selected, and IvanBombs can't be removed except with BombDisarm logic. It is unsure whether that Logic will work towards enemies or with Cellspread.

Edit 2: The logic above sounded buggy and can only be considered if you are using an Infantry.

If you are using a Unit, Gattling Logic can make up for everything I mentioned above.

For the disabling stage of the weapon, just make a dummy jamming weapon with Speed+FirepowerMultipler = 0, and ArmorMultiplier = Infinity. Then put the weapon of the final cycle with a 99999 damage and a warhead that suppresses DeathWeapons. Okay, that's done with the weapons, but what about the animations? Isn't every unit from different location is supposed to get WARPAWAY-ed?

http://ares-developers.github.io/Ares-docs/new/attacheffect.html

AttachEffect, bingo. Then, you experiment with the timing of AttachEffect.Animation=WARPAWAY to make it look like each and every unit within the area of Cellspread were looked as if they were Temporal-ed.

Still, the only downside is that all units, regardless of their health, will all disappear only when the cycle reaches at that final cycle. And when other warheads with Temporal=Yes interferes, the unit is disrupted and the cycle stops.

Edit 3: For Infantry, you could also try messing with the NoAmmoWeapon and Reload system to make it work like the logic I mentioned above.

Frank123
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for your advices! I will give it a try!

ShadowKeriphin
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Correct me if I am wrong ... it's been a decade since I have modded.

Could you create a weapon that that goes off when the unit dies?
Similar to the Nuke trucks of old? (I remember doing this)

Instead of the weapon causing damage to anything it just plays the destruction animation of the unit?

So this is tied to the unit - and each unit would get its own weapon and animation.

[color="RoyalBlue"]"When you refuse to give in with all your heart, only then do you transcend your humanity" -Alucard[/color]

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it is quite possible.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
IamInnocent
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not really sure what you mean about this. Does it mean by playing each individual's warheads when they are damaged? But not all weapons do this?

I don't have the knowledge for this kind of weapon, so I'll think of a workaround.

I was going to say give every tank their individual armor types, but then all units are limited to 2 weapons. Not able to do with more than 2 suicide vehcles.

Then I just remembered, Oh, now Yuri Revenge has their own Troop Crawler logic. So I guess you could mess with Ares's engine limits and create dummy Infantries occupying the open-topped Troop Crawler, each with specific verses.

I guess another workaround is to have the vehicle itself spawns particle when damage, giving the particle spawned having the same death animation, zero velocity and has a short spawn time. (MaxEC?) But this makes it so that ANY weapon can make the death animation.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Set all unit's Explosion=WARPAWAY and give them a DeathWeapon to explode.
Make your 'temporal' warhead suppress death weapon.
So then when this 'temporal' warhead hits units, those unit can't explode by DeathWeapon, they WARPAWAY.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon