Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Is this program really that buggy?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TommyDDoom
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject:  Is this program really that buggy?
Subject description: I encountered quite a few problems while using Final Alert 2 YR 1.02.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone! I would like to ask you what I did wrong in Final Alert 2 YR 1.02, it's literally one of the most basic triggers that can be created and it doesn't work!!!

So, I made a trigger, then placed the celltags on the map with the 'Place on map' button. I went through them with my infantry, and nothing..

Here's how I did it: The Event 0 is '1 - Entered by...' and the parameter for it is '16 - Russia' (which is me, btw), and the action is '16 - Reveal all map', something reaaally basic, as you can see. What could the problem be?

But I also tried it with a lot of actions, Text Trigger, Change House, etc. None of them work... Basically, the event itself just doesn't work, and in the official maps '1 - Entered by...' works, what the heck is this?

Some more info:

Type - 0 (Standard)
Easy, Medium, Hard - Checked
Trigger is not disabled.

I would really appreciate it if someone replied to me.

EDIT: YAY, I figured it out. My house was actually number 8 and not 16, so the program IS BUGGY! -_- (No, I could not select 8, I made 4 houses, my house, civilians, a yuri one, and another one) none of them were 8, so yeah, I will leave this post here, so if anyone encounters this error, they will know what to do Smile Figure out the house number! haha)
PS: I figured it out when I made a new map and I counted the premade houses and Russians were number 8. All the other houses I made worked, only mine didn't, I guess it was because I named it 'Russia' and that's an official name or something? Who knows.

Last edited by TommyDDoom on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this program really that buggy? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TommyDDoom wrote:
Hello everyone! I would like to ask you what I did wrong in Final Alert 2 YR 1.02, it's literally one of the most basic triggers that can be created and it doesn't work!!!

So, I made a trigger, then placed the celltags on the map with the 'Place on map' button. I went through them with my infantry, and nothing..

Here's how I did it: The Event 0 is '1 - Entered by...' and the parameter for it is '16 - Russia' (which is me, btw), and the action is '16 - Reveal all map', something reaaally basic, as you can see. What could the problem be?

But I also tried it with a lot of actions, Text Trigger, Change House, etc. None of them work... Basically, the event itself just doesn't work, and in the official maps '1 - Entered by...' works, what the heck is this?

Some more info:

Type - 0 (Standard)
Easy, Medium, Hard - Checked
Trigger is not disabled.

I would really appreciate it if someone replied to me.

EDIT: YAY, I figured it out. My house was actually number 8 and not 16, so the program IS BUGGY! -_- (No, I could not select 8, I made 4 houses, my house, civilians, a yuri one, and another one) none of them were 8, so yeah, I will leave this post here, so if anyone encounters this error, they will know what to do Smile Figure out the house number! haha)
PS: I figured it out when I made a new map and I counted the premade houses and Russians were number 8. All the other houses I made worked, only mine, I guess it was because I named it 'Russia' and that's an official name or something? Who knows.

Triggers owner must be a PLAYABLE FLAGS, like if change house trigger is owned by civilians and the attached tag is attached to a civ building it will work, if the trigger owned by any it will never work. (goes to Change house action)

LOL because when scipting goes too far than designing, I am bad at designing but it depends.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon