Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am
All times are UTC + 0
New EVA/Cabal speech
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:  New EVA/Cabal speech
Subject description: Some help needed
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have made some EVA/Cabal voices to use it as SuperWeapon recharge voices, but I didn't managed it to play it ingame. I tried putting correct aud files (22050hz, 16bit, mono) into speech01/speech02 mix files, also creating separate speech mix files and pack into expandxx files, but no luck. Also tried changing different names like 00-IXXX. Is there any way to add new speech, or is the only option to substitute unused existing ones?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) speech01 is for GDI, speech02 is for Nod
So placing a cabal voice in 01 is wrong, as you dont want EVA use Cabal voice
When adding a new speech file, you also want to add it for the other side, so both hear something when this is supposed to be played.

2) several speech files are hardcoded. so you can only replace them. For others you have to tell the game how and when to use them.
Recharge voice for example is set in rules.ini on each superweapon.
[MultiSpecial]
Name=Multi-Missile
IsPowered=true
RechargeVoice=00-I154
ChargingVoice=
ImpatientVoice=
SuspendVoice=
RechargeTime=10
Type=MultiMissile
SidebarImage=MltiIcon
Action=Nuke
WeaponType=MultiLauncher

Those keys probably allow only a single file. You have to test if a comma separated list of files works too and plays them randomly.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
1) speech01 is for GDI, speech02 is for Nod
So placing a cabal voice in 01 is wrong, as you dont want EVA use Cabal voice
When adding a new speech file, you also want to add it for the other side, so both hear something when this is supposed to be played.

2) several speech files are hardcoded. so you can only replace them. For others you have to tell the game how and when to use them.
Recharge voice for example is set in rules.ini on each superweapon.

Yes I know that, I have new sounds paired with same name for both EVA/Cabal and distributed to speech01/02 files correctly, but when I name them with unused name and set correct inputs, nothing played. Only replaced speech files worked fine (like 00-I208)
Code:

[DropPodSpecial]
IsPowered=true
Type=DropPod
SidebarImage=PODSICON
RechargeVoice=00-I208    ;  00-I380, 00-I546
Action=DropPod
ChargingVoice=
RechargeTime=17

I have also read interesting topic here but could not find if new name could conflict somehow and not played (like 00-I380, 00-I546 )
https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?highlight=speech01&t=33822

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

checked game.exe
00-I154 can be found with a texteditor, which means the speech file is somehow hardcoded.
That means, you can only replace but not add new speeches.

The link is a mapping tutorial and fixes issues with FinalSun. It's not a modding tutorial.

Public SHPs

Tools

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
checked game.exe
00-I154 can be found with a texteditor, which means the speech file is somehow hardcoded.
That means, you can only replace but not add new speeches.

It seems that long list in exe are only sounds which are remapable.
So replacing one of these unused sounds seems to be only option.

LKO wrote:

The link is a mapping tutorial and fixes issues with FinalSun. It's not a modding tutorial.

Yes, but that list shows nicely which ones are unused. I was also afraid that adding new speech could shift IDs in whole list based on name of file, but since it does not load any other voices, it seems to be ok.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just noticed something,
before replacing a file, try adding your new one as you did already and add an entry in sounds(01).ini
It looks like that those speeches listed in game.exe don't need a sound.ini entry (maybe because they are played global, not local like explosions), but every other sound needs an entry so its actually loaded.
So by adding your new speech to sound.ini, you tell the game to actually load the file and thus it should become available.

Public SHPs

Tools

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
just noticed something,
before replacing a file, try adding your new one as you did already and add an entry in sounds(01).ini
It looks like that those speeches listed in game.exe don't need a sound.ini entry (maybe because they are played global, not local like explosions), but every other sound needs an entry so its actually loaded.
So by adding your new speech to sound.ini, you tell the game to actually load the file and thus it should become available.

Yes, but I would like to have remapable sound like other Superweapons entries

Code:

speech01/02.mix         1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
side01/02.mix           0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0
sidenc01/02.mix         0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1
listed in sound01       1 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 0
name 00-IXXX            1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0

result                  x x x x x x x x x x x x

These are all tried options, but no luck.

Replacing existing one isn't as bad solution for me. (there are a lot harder sacrifice choices in TS engine)
I have replaced these ones:
00-i376 ;  never heard of it
00-i290 ;  mutant commandos available - probably leftover from forgotten/GDI superweapon (when ready)
00-i210 ;  mutant commandos on route - also leftover from forgotten/GDI superweapon (when activated)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tuc0 wrote:
Yes, but I would like to have remapable sound like other Superweapons entries

if placed in speechXX.mix they are by default changing according to your side. (GDI loads the one mix, Nod loads the other)
Same way graphics can be made to change according the selected house, by placing the SHP in sideXX.mix

you sure they aren't used in the TS campaign. e.g. In that one mission with the train and the mutant commando team?

Public SHPs

Tools

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LKO wrote:

if placed in speechXX.mix they are by default changing according to your side. (GDI loads the one mix, Nod loads the other)
Same way graphics can be made to change according the selected house, by placing the SHP in sideXX.mix

Like having it in both mixes at same time (speechxx and ecachexx) and listed in sounds01.ini? I will try that.
LKO wrote:

you sure they aren't used in the TS campaign. e.g. In that one mission with the train and the mutant commando team?

I have forgot about that, so I tested and 1 speech was already used (ID 70 mutant commandos available)
Code:

bonus gdi9c (mutant train)

70          Mutant commandos  available
189         tiberium lifeform
193         tiberium lifeform (again same speech ?)
54         critical unit lost
174         ghost terminated
173         C4 planted

gdi9b  (where bonus objective becomes available)

174  ghost terminated
50   primary objective complete
51   secondary objective complete
171   supply base destroyed
70   Mutant commandos  available
172   supply base destroyed

I will probably try to replace some of these if anything fails

85=00-I370 EVA Your Probability Of Success Is Insignificant And Dropping
86=00-I372 EVA Surrender Is Acceptable And Preferable Against The Odds That You Are Facing  
87=00-I374 EVA Data Received Indicates That You Are A Threat - Prepare For Sterilization

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tuc0 wrote:
Like having it in both mixes at same time (speechxx and ecachexx) and listed in sounds01.ini? I will try that.

no, only in speechxx. ecachexx is loaded later and would overwrite anything already loaded from speechxx

Public SHPs

Tools

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tuc0 wrote:
85=00-I370 EVA Your Probability Of Success Is Insignificant And Dropping
86=00-I372 EVA Surrender Is Acceptable And Preferable Against The Odds That You Are Facing  
87=00-I374 EVA Data Received Indicates That You Are A Threat - Prepare For Sterilization

I'm not sure if these were ever used, but they seem to intended as taunts like the ones you have in Red Alert 2 multiplayer. This is indicated by CABAL having similar taunts.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can hear them when you change ingame the volume of the voice in the sound options.

Public SHPs

Tools

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe they were used in WDT?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good point.

btw, can we include something like this with the Client?
I never had the chance to play it and don't know exactly how WDT worked though. From the few infos it seemed like an online campaign, where you select locations from a global map and then play a map there. If you win the area goes to your side, if not the other side.

Public SHPs

Tools

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never got to play it either, but I have read somewhere about how it worked.

The tour began with equal amount of territories under GDI and Nod control. There were border territories you could play in, which the factions competed for. IIRC the actual matches could vary in player count, and all maps were randomly generated (though with predetermined conditions). Basically you'd pick a territory and play a regular multiplayer match. I'm not sure if you could pick which side you play each match with, or if the decision is locked once you start the tour (before you started the tour, you'd have to pick a side). Every 24 hours the service would calculate all wins and losses for both sides in a territory and that way determine which side wins control of the territory. Eventually, if one side conquers the whole theater (Europe or North America) the tour would reset.

the Firestorm manual wrote:
The World Domination Tour (WDT) feature takes the battle between GDI and NOD to a whole new level. WDT pits GDI and NOD players against one another in a multiplayer slugfest to control the world.
Players battle in various contested territories with pre-defined map conditions set for each territory. At the end of the day, the outcome of all of the battles fought in each territory determines which side controls that territory.

The battle lines between these two sides pushes forward or falls back based on who controls each territory. As the battle lines move, new territories become contested. Over time, one side eventually wins control
and the bragging rights for their faction.

Last edited by Crimsonum on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know exactly how WDT worked either, it was already offline by the time we got internet access in our family. (EDIT: I got ninja'd by Crimsonum, thanks for the info)

I also don't think any game that uses my client aside from YR and MO have enough online players for an online WDT to make sense. It'd still be interesting as a special co-op / singleplayer campaign though.

However, coding a WDT system would take plenty of time, so it's extremely unlikely that I'll ever do it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon