Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
[TS] Will do Cameo requests
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
superepicgecko
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:  [TS] Will do Cameo requests
Subject description: See post for details.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If anybody needs a cameo for their unit(s), I'm willing to help.
Provide as much info as you can and any relevant files if you're interested, and I'll do my best to make it how you want it. I can also do very very basic voxelling too, so if anybody needs, say, a voxel projectile I can possibly help with that.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think it is a bad thing, but I have to ask.

Why do you offer your help like that? :/

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
superepicgecko
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:
I don't think it is a bad thing, but I have to ask.

Why do you offer your help like that? :/

Like... how?

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: [TS] Will do Cameo requests Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

superepicgecko wrote:
Provide as much info as you can and any relevant files if you're interested, and I'll do my best to make it how you want it. I can also do very very basic voxelling too, so if anybody needs, say, a voxel projectile I can possibly help with that.

I want to request a cameo for both xpp_nd_ruphus's civilian MCV with dark grey color & HighGround's Land Fortress, both can be found at YR Argentina, Voxel section between page 8 & 10. (Please make the cameo size 76x60 pixel)

I would just use them for my next yuri mission map.

superepicgecko
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: [TS] Will do Cameo requests Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
superepicgecko wrote:

I want to request a cameo for both xpp_nd_ruphus's civilian MCV with dark grey color & HighGround's Land Fortress, both can be found at YR Argentina, Voxel section between page 8 & 10. (Please make the cameo size 76x60 pixel)

I'll get right on that -
What kind of background do you want, and what sort of view would you like for the units? Is Isometric okay?

And I'm not super familiar with Yuri's Revenge but I believe there is text on those cameos, what do you want it to read as for each?

Sorry for the additional questions, but I'd like to produce these cameos how you want them as best I can.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: [TS] Will do Cameo requests Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

superepicgecko wrote:
PussyPus wrote:
superepicgecko wrote:

I'll get right on that -
What kind of background do you want, and what sort of view would you like for the units? Is Isometric okay?

And I'm not super familiar with Yuri's Revenge but I believe there is text on those cameos, what do you want it to read as for each?

Sorry for the additional questions, but I'd like to produce these cameos how you want them as best I can.

I will tell you.
No text for both cameos with 76x60.
Text cameos for both them in 60x48.
Name that MCV cameo 'Proto MCV'.
Name the land fortress 'Medieval Monolith'.
The background for the mcv look like yuri mcv cameo.
The background for the fortress cameo shows 2 tanks between it in the front.

I almost finished everything except the secret buildings that would appear in the next yuri mission map i will start, there will be prototype buildings there alot.

superepicgecko
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright here's what I got:

Did the best I could using the voxel previews, and a background image from online. Couldn't fit the tanks into the land fortress image unfortunately.

Here they are (Upscaled so you can see, actual quality of the SHPs is better)

Download link here.

Am sorry if it doesn't live up to your expectations, did the best I could. Personally I think it's workable.

As previously mentioned however I have little experience with Yuri's Revenge, I primarily work in Tiberium Sun - I am hoping that SHP format is still what is used for cameos, but if it isn't the raw image files are included in the archive.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like them but you inspired me to use them for my future TS missions as secret units, i may actually need cameo for mammoth tank (by 3D) with the background of original TS cameos soon.

For the RA2 one, i will show you example soon, as i am busy mostly, making both the mcv and the fortress should be 3D and not voxel exactly like the other cameos i use, except modern style of voxels, they could be used with 3D modelizer.

superepicgecko
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
I like them but you inspired me to use them for my future TS missions as secret units, i may actually need cameo for mammoth tank (by 3D) with the background of original TS cameos soon.

For the RA2 one, i will show you example soon, as i am busy mostly, making both the mcv and the fortress should be 3D and not voxel exactly like the other cameos i use, except modern style of voxels, they could be used with 3D modelizer.

I don't have much 3d Modelling experience at all - and 3d models of the Land Fortress and MCV would have to be based off the voxel anyway. In my experience I've found cameos which feature the units as they actually look in game are cooler, but this is just up to preference.

If I can help you somehow without the 3d aspect I'd love to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon