Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Problem With Co-Op
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SteamsDev
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject:  Problem With Co-Op Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,
I am trying to play my own custom co-op mission via LAN. I thought I had done everything right, but when I launch the game I get this error message:

"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

Can someone help me fix this problem?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Go to your DTA directory, then to the "Client\ErrorLogs\" sub-directory. Find the client crash log there and upload it to this topic.

Is your "co-op mission" a regular multiplayer map or an actual co-op mission? If it's an actual co-op mission, have you added it to MPMaps.ini correctly, for both the game host and other players?

Also, which PC gets the error message? The game host, the clients or both?

SteamsDev
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is an actual co-op mission, and I believe I added it ot MPMaps.ini correctly. The only thing that isn't correct is starting locations, which I do need help on. Picture is attached.

Clients. The client crashes after the error message is given.

Waypoint Problems.png
 Description:
Waypoint Problems
 Filesize:  293.21 KB
 Viewed:  3505 Time(s)

Waypoint Problems.png

ClientCrashLog_12_3_2017_13_10.txt
 Description:
Crash Log

Download
 Filename:  ClientCrashLog_12_3_2017_13_10.txt
 Filesize:  11.65 KB
 Downloaded:  14 Time(s)

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the game lobby, what are your Starting Credits and Tech Level options set to before the game is started (on the client PCs)?

SteamsDev
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

12500 and... tech field is blank. How to fix?

Official scripting leader of BR Studios
Check out our ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/company/progen-group
Yuri's Revenge: CnCD2K: http://www.moddb.com/mods/red-alert-2-yuris-revenge-cncd2k-mod

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you select something as the tech level as the game host?

If not, could you post the map's code in MPMaps.ini here?

SteamsDev
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got it fixed. I just had to change cmbTechLevel in MPMaps.ini to get it to work. Problems left have to do with the map, which I can resolve myself.

Thank you for your help!

Yuri's Revenge: CnCD2K: http://www.moddb.com/mods/red-alert-2-yuris-revenge-cncd2k-mod

SteamsDev
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still trying to solve problems with my co-op map. I got past the "Creating theories on likely enemy plan" part by editing MPMaps.ini for the 3 AIs that are in this map, but now I can't get past "Deploying forces to combat zone" part, which I feel like means that something's wrong on the map that it crashes on checking. I also haven't fixed the waypoints problem, mainly because I have no idea how to do it.

Below is a ZIP file containing the map, its preview, and the MPMaps.ini file. I think that's all that is needed.

EDIT: Oh yes, and the EXCEPT file is also being uploaded. I think that has something to do with it.

EXCEPT_1_6_2017_1_29.TXT
 Description:
Except file in ErrorLogs

Download
 Filename:  EXCEPT_1_6_2017_1_29.TXT
 Filesize:  20.75 KB
 Downloaded:  11 Time(s)

DTA Co-Op Invisibility Zero.zip
 Description:
Map, Preview, MPMaps.ini

Download
 Filename:  DTA Co-Op Invisibility Zero.zip
 Filesize:  667.54 KB
 Downloaded:  9 Time(s)

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are 2 causes for the crash:
  1. You added houses to the map, which shouldn't be done for any multiplayer maps. So to fix this issue, simply delete all houses in the map editor or open the map with a text editor and just delete the [Houses] section.

2. You made all triggers belong to the Spawn-houses. While Spawn-houses should never own triggers in the first place, triggers on multiplayer maps in general should really only be owned by the Neutral (or Special) house in order to avoid crashes (the map will crash if any other house owns a trigger and the game is started while no players selected that house).
    To fix this issue, either just change the specified House of all triggers to Neutral in the map editor or open the map with a text editor and in the [Triggers] section, replace every instance of "=Spawn#" (# being any number) with "=Neutral".

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon