Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:51 am
All times are UTC + 0
Artificial Eye (synthwave album release)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:  Artificial Eye (synthwave album release) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Released today is my first album, self titled Artificial Eye. The catch-all genre is synthwave, but it encompasses a range of cinematic soundscapes and melodic tunes.

Available on Bandcamp
Listen on SoundCloud
Watch on YouTube

Tracklisting:
  1. Love Locket [3:00]
  2. Flight of Apollo [6:43]
  3. What Awaits [5:57]
  4. Don't Feel Bad [4:38]
  5. Designer Perfection [6:47]
  6. The Babysitter [3:42]
  7. Vacation [4:29]
  8. American Dream [8:29]
  9. The Future We Are [3:45]

Follow on Bandcamp
Like on Facebook
Follow on SoundCloud
Subscribe on YouTube

Give it a listen and tell me what you think!

Last edited by OmegaBolt on Sun May 21, 2017 11:11 pm; edited 3 times in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't like the first half of the album, I felt like you where going for a more cinematic/soundtrack style, the sounds used where a bit repetitive tho and the rhythm a bit inconsistent at points.

I really liked the later half of the album tho, there was a lot more variation in sounds and the rhythms more fluid, with an 80's pop style which IMO fits better with the synth type sounds. The Babysitter especially only needed some cheesy lyrics and you got yourself an 80's chart hit #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uploaded a few of the tracks to a YouTube channel.

Spoiler (click here to read it):

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I feel Love Locket has good elements but it changes too much, it feels like watching the super long credits to a movie where 3 songs play. If I was you I'd incorporate the Bladerunner-like grungy last 3rd into the beginning as well, so you only have one major interlude of cheesy 80's romance scene music in that instead.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that would defeat the purpose for me. It's a melody repeated twice expressed differently, the first half intended to be gentler, more ethereal, romantic etc, and the second with more rhythm and drama. Originally it was written as the tune for two romantic scenes in a short film, a theme for that relationship.

Having changes in the music is honestly one of the things I like a lot in the stuff I listen to and is one of the things I'd to try to bring to synthwave/electronic music, whatever brand of it this is. There's certainly a lot more of it happening in most of the rest of the album. #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Noice, sounds really pro!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. Done a remix of one of Aro's tracks with Tankard Haus that I think doesn't sound too bad either. Learning better mixing tricks with every track.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon