Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am
All times are UTC + 0
Advanced Prism Tower
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject:  Advanced Prism Tower
Subject description: just for fun
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was editing the Prism Tower to fit the prerelease aesthetic, and came up with this...

not sure if I'll use it, but if anyone else wants to, feel free.

advprism.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.87 KB
 Viewed:  5396 Time(s)

advprism.png

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is that a mayan prism head

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Is that a mayan prism head

Yeah, former WW employee confirmed that Mayan Prism recycled the top of the original Prism Tower.

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UPDATE: Damage frame

advprism2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.24 KB
 Viewed:  5372 Time(s)

advprism2.png

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will this have the Spinning Animations as the release?

On a lore stand-point that also makes it hilarious because the Soviets are actually using "Older" Allied Prism Technology then.  Laughing

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sir. Symphonic why don't you Sovietize this? Brick walls, those vent things, and cold war era like, It would be smarter to make this a stolen tech from the beggining of the beta! Smile

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
Will this have the Spinning Animations as the release?

On a lore stand-point that also makes it hilarious because the Soviets are actually using "Older" Allied Prism Technology then.  Laughing

Maybe... that would be a bitch to animate in 2D. Worth a try though, right?

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update 3. Alongside other 2 PreRA2 allied base defenses.

advprism3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.49 KB
 Viewed:  5259 Time(s)

advprism3.png

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O_O
Any chance of a public release?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
O_O
Any chance of a public release?

Yes. Will include buildup, snow frames & damage frames.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Appreciated! Wanna be in SRA2's credits or can I leave yeh out? #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Appreciated! Wanna be in SRA2's credits or can I leave yeh out? #Tongue

Throw me in there!  Cool

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WIP buildup

animated.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.6 KB
 Viewed:  5054 Time(s)

animated.gif

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, if you aren't working in 3D (I won't judge anyone for that), I guess it isn't bad at all. Although, transitions aren't smooth enough, but good for a WIP.

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Well, if you aren't working in 3D (I won't judge anyone for that), I guess it isn't bad at all. Although, transitions aren't smooth enough, but good for a WIP.

It's the default RA2 anim with some changes.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always found it weird, that the prism tower buildup consisted of so little frames, compared to almost every other buildup.

Almost like it was rushed or was a rendered incorrectly and never fixed or something.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

probably rushed
but then again they could have fixed it with yuri expansion

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
I always found it weird, that the prism tower buildup consisted of so little frames, compared to almost every other buildup.

Almost like it was rushed or was a rendered incorrectly and never fixed or something.

I think someone around here did a more detailed Prism Tower buildup animation at some point. At least... I think.

Steam

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wish I had a rotation animation for the top of this prism tower... if I had one, it would be really easy to create a nicer buildup.

Also: reminds me how many people have retired from the community over the years. x-gamer was a great artist.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's an idea how about making the panels slowly bloom out from the center along with the antenna slowly popping out. That seems like the best course with just the assets available.

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not a bad idea! I'll play around with it soon. Currently finishing up my last year of law school.

I graduate in a week and a half - after that I will have more time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon