Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Next Ares version needs your feedback!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject:  Next Ares version needs your feedback!
Subject description: We need to put our guinea pig army back to work.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone! If you've been browsing our forums recently, you might have seen this topic at Ares forum, which was recently started by AlexB, who is maintaining Ares for the last... God knows how many years. Anyway, he has recovered his motivation to add some interesting features for Ares, such as allowing you to choose how many of which buildings AI will build, customizable fall rates, customizable build times, etc. But his motivation willl vanish again if no one provides feedback. Here's the long essay that he has written about it:

AlexB wrote:
Long time no updates.... After 0.C's release, I went on to work on its successor, which was scheduled in three months from then. I didn't hear back much from the community until late 2016 or so, though, so I lost interest to publicly work on Ares further.

If there's community interest (and not just interest to get something from me), this shall be a double-release. First, there will be the features I already completed, preferrably released around June (that is a full year after the last one). This is for keeping up with the current state of Ares compared to the last released version. An intermezzo to catch up. The other one will be three months later, in September. I'll stick to my plan this time, that is, there will be a fixed date, and what's done until then is done, and what's not done won't be released.

So, here are some new features. There are more finished ones, but that would be a bit too much to include them all in one unstable build, so this isn't all there is. As always, some work went into updating the inner workings of Ares, but as adding more and more features means more things need to be checked and more time has to be spent doing that, is there anything to say about performance? How is the startup and game speed compared to Ares 0.C?

Fixes and Minor Additions
  • Allow CloningFacility buildings to set waypoints. (#1616741)
  • Fixed a problem with Hunter Seekers
  • Foundations with negative cell offsets are now supported
  • Fixed SidebarMixFileIndex also changing TooltipColor. (#1655347)
  • Emit a developer warning if a custom foundation does not include the cell 0,0.
  • Only objects that are currently visible to the player show the money amounts as text.
  • Damage delivery in Iron Curtain warheads had a bug.
  • Hijackers and Drivers cannot enter objects that are currently under the effect of the Iron Curtain.
  • KillDriver now respects AffectsAllies and AffectsEnemies. (#1619631)
  • Fixed iterator chars sometimes messing up type lists. (#913570)
  • Firestorm Walls can no longer be sold when the Firestorm is active
  • Several performance improvements

Potentially Breaking Changes to ArmorTypes
The ArmorTypes feature has some issues, which stem from the the order of initializing new types with a default value and reading the corresponding tag from the INI. This is a bit abstract and hard to describe. Setting all the defaults always took place before the values were read, thus, one default value could only ever be another ArmorType's default value. If a type at the beginning of the list defaulted to a type after it, then the default value was still uninitialized but was used anyhow.

Now the order has been changed, thus the parsed values now could be different, but I can't tell you what to watch out for without writing a novel.

There was also an inconsistency with parsing verses data. If using non-percentage values (like 0.01), the special flags could be cleared for small values, but they wouldn't be set again once a higher value was parsed. Now, the verses and flags are always updated to reflect the state represented by the value of the parsed tag. This is a breaking change, which affects non-percentage verses values. Commonly, percentages like 30% are used, so the impact should be limited.

Ares no longer tries to parse ArmorTypes if a tag is not defined. This is another breaking change: Previously, parsing non-existing tags in game mode and map files reset verses to 0%. Thus, newly defined warheads in maps would use the wrong values as default. Now, ArmorTypes that aren't defined aren't reset.

Let the AI build more than one building of each type
This should help to get rid of War Factory clones with all their shortcomings and ugly workarounds. Additional buildings are not build one after another as a block right after the original building, but instead mix randomly with the structures planned to be built later in the build list.

[BuildingType]AIBuildCounts= (list of integers, defaults to 1,1,1)
The number of buildings the AI will build of this type depending on the difficulty. Order is hard to easy. Each value must be equal to or greater than 1.

[BuildingType]AIExtraCounts= (list of integers, defaults to 0,0,0)
The maximum number of extra buildings the AI can build of this type depending on the difficulty. Order is hard to easy. A random number of buildings will be build in addition to the ones from the normal build count. Each value must be equal to or greater than 0.

A way to combine Abduction weapons with Temporal warheads
[Weapon]Abductor.Temporal= (boolean, defaults to no)
Instead of abducting target units right away, abduct them only after they have been temporally erased. When the target unit would warp away, it will be placed inside the abductor unit as passenger, given it suffices all other abductor checks like having enough free space. If abduction fails, the target is erased normally.

Optionally Consider Health for Temporal Weapons
[Warhead]Temporal.HealthFactor= (multiplier, defaults to 0.0)
How much the health is factored in when calculating the remaining warp value of the target. Valid range is 0.0 to 1.0 inclusive. 0.0 means health plays no role. 1.0 means the remaining warp is reduced proportionally to the target's health, down to 0.

Another way to look at it is that the remaining warp value is linearly decreased from full for completely healthy targets down by this value for a target that has no health left.

Turn off the Iron Curtain nullify flash per warhead
[Warhead]IronCurtain.Flash= (boolean, defaults to [AudioVisual]IronCurtainFlash=)
Whether units and structures will flash black or blue if hit with this warhead while under the effect of an Iron Curtain or Force Shield respectively.

[AudioVisual]IronCurtainFlash= (boolean, defaults to true)
Whether units and structures will by default flash black or blue if hit with this warhead while under the effect of an Iron Curtain or Force Shield respectively.

Customizable Fall Rates
[TechnoType]FallRate.Parachute= (integer, defaults to 1)
The acceleration towards the ground applied each frame a parachuted unit is falling.

[TechnoType]FallRate.NoParachute= (integer, defaults to 1)
The acceleration towards the ground applied each frame a unit without parachute is falling.

[TechnoType]FallRate.ParachuteMax= (integer, defaults to [General]ParachuteMaxFallRate)
The maximum speed a parachuted unit is falling with. Value has to be negative.

[TechnoType]FallRate.NoParachuteMax= (integer, defaults to [General]NoParachuteMaxFallRate)
The maximum speed a unit without parachute is falling with. Value has to be negative.

Attached Effects no longer count as parachute and thus won't reduce the fall rate.

Customizable BuildupTime
[BuildingType]BuildupTime= (double - minutes, defaults to [General]BuildupTime)
The time the buildup animation runs regardless of the number of frames.

Disable drivers entering units by owner country
[Country]CanBeDriven= (boolean, defaults to MultiplayPassive)
Whether units owned by this county can be captured by CanDrive=yes infantry.

So, what are you waiting for? If you have a Yuri's Revenge mod that makes use of Ares, give it a try and post your feedback at Ares forum. Do it for Yuri. Yuri is life. Yuri is master. My life for Yuri.

Key Words: #News #Ares #YurisRevenge #RedAlert2 

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't see Yuri, only Kane!

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri is love!

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't see the Tunnel Network logic here.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe you want S\L as well?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Want Superweapon .. like sneak atteck logic

alhezronashkenaz
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is there superweapon logic like bunker delivery with infantry loaded?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-battle-of-generals

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alhezronashkenaz wrote:
is there superweapon logic like bunker delivery with infantry loaded?

That one's been around since Ares 0.C and MO 3.0. I can't tell you right off the bat what they used tho. Check SuperweaponType Deliver and Troop Crawler logic at http://ares-developers.github.io/Ares-docs/

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
alhezronashkenaz
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i need help!!!!
how to use custom pallete for Building structure?

i try using ares but is not working...
it will work only in animation

I need help how to make it...

alhezronashkenaz
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello ...
Don't Limit the Country ,,,,, 32 countries? can u make it 50 countries and above.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alhezronashkenaz wrote:
Hello ...
Don't Limit the Country ,,,,, 32 countries? can u make it 50 countries and above.

I'm pretty sure the engine forces a limit that Ares can only expand, and even then it's limited

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alhezronashkenaz:
Buildings currently don't support custom palettes.

32 countries being max is a technical limitation, because the game uses 32 bit data types for many things. Things like alliance information (who is allied with whom) is stored as a 32 bit value, one bit per country. A 33rd bit wouldn't fit, and trying to set, test or clear one using the code in the game would lead to potentially surprising results. To support more, a lot of things would have to be changed, which is unreasonable.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Buildings currently don't support custom palettes.

Didn't Paradox Device use'em tho? I have the Allied buildings and they all have custom palettes

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I confirm buildings can use own pal.
we have this already

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's that bug with custompaletted buildings vs map lighting though based on country remap partially. I guess that's the reason Alex claims otherwise.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alhezronashkenaz wrote:
i need help!!!!
how to use custom pallete for Building structure?

i try using ares but is not working...
it will work only in animation

I need help how to make it...

Something i didn't notice here, you joined today.

Hi!

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems I caused more confusion than clarification. Sorry about that. Buildings don't fully support custom palettes, that is, there are things to be desired. Graion pointed out the lighting issues already.

The game supported one custom building palette already, and Ares lifted that restriction. But building anims cannot be customized separately. Ares supports custom palettes on AnimTypes, and building anims are just AnimTypes, so one could expect building anims to be supported. But this is not the case. The documentation doesn't mention this, and is a bit too euphemistic for my taste.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm still confused tho... How did Paradox Device use the custom palettes for it's buildings? (I.E. the Ares way)

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't get the point though......If the building is rendered into a specific color set instead of the standard unittem (like the buildup I showed, there is not enough green in unittem), then it would be better using the same palette from the buildup to the complete state to achieve best performance, or better to say, the complete building is only the last frame of the buildup. If the buildup uses the palette, then the complete building will use the same.

1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  224.03 KB
 Viewed:  5158 Time(s)

1.png

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Take a look at the Statue of Liberty building. It uses the custom palette. It works, as long as all building animations can use the same palette.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kinda off-topic but figured might as well elaborate on it in case it hasn't ever been mentioned elsewhere. The custom palette lighting issue only manifests itself if the objects are remapped to a colour that is not listed within first 16 entries of rulesmd.ini [Colors] list. For objects using any of the colors among the first 16, it works just fine.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My Reaction to the News: Well, I'll appreciate it just as long Ares will never be dead (Someday it might give in)

alhezronashkenaz
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to: PussyPus

i am already registered here but i  forgot my username &  password that's why ..i joined yesterday.

Last edited by alhezronashkenaz on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total

alhezronashkenaz
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to: TAK02

in MO. 3 only Bunker to be delivered but there is no Infantry
inside...

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alhezronashkenaz wrote:

inside...

The troop crawler logic wasn't used with the bunker in MO. But if you'd combine them...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
alhezronashkenaz wrote:

inside...

The troop crawler logic wasn't used with the bunker in MO. But if you'd combine them...

Have you ever try that kind of logic?
because if combine that two logic ... something went wrong to the structure.
may be invisible..or only the health bar that you can see.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't use Ares. Yet
But in theory, it should work. Wonder what you forgot...
Then again, I could be wrong. Sorry...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!