Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Yuri's Revenge: Before Alcatraz
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [121 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember it happening seven years - or whenever it was that I modded - ago as well, with specifically the text (as in, .csf, not .ini) and audio files. I did accidentally close Yuri's Revenge with the escape key, before entering the main menu, so perhaps that is what caused it? Odd, though.

I usually add a ; indeed, as you say, though I do not do the year-month-day and so on backup. I would end up with literally thousands of files. #Tongue

I simply copy all files every so often to Dropbox, and I always keep my files both inside and outside the .mix files. Which takes up a lot of space, what with graphics and sounds, but it's secure, at least.

And no! Any advice and criticism is very much valued! From the tiniest of mistakes to the largest walls of text. Earlier today, for example, I noticed that the PSI Corps' sidebar in the second post used the Yuri Clone cameo, instead of the Reborn cameo. And for a long time, I forgot to change the original 'Gattling Cannon' cameo to a new 'Gatling Cannon' cameo. Truly, if one's intent is to help, then I would value everything said. Smile

By the by, I spent a few hours working on arctic versions of some of the buildings that didn't have them yet. I noticed that the original game's Soviet Shipyard doesn't have them at all, so I may add them in the future (that also goes for the Confederate Shipyard, then, although the Soviet Submarine Pen on MadHQ's site looks quite cool as well). But, for example, the Tesla Furnace, the Operations Hub, and the War Bunker (along with some other fixes), turned out quite nicely, not?

Spoiler (click here to read it):

The only buildings that are now missing arctic versions are Hurria's two superweapons - but they have another imperfection that will take ages to fix unless I can get the OS SHP Builder to display remap colours in different colours (then it will only take a few hours, I hope), and the aforementioned Naval Yards.

As for the Communications System / Psychic Beacon, it is not ideal, but oh well:

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never noticed the NAYARD not having a snow version. You sure you checked the files? I could've sworn I saw nayard.shp in a mix.
The reason why I'm asking is because the game tends to ignore theater when choosing which SHP is to be used. For example, when I added GAROBO from YR to RA2 using GGROBO, the game promptly decided to use GAROBO for all theatres. Not a problem at all (33% of the time).

And you still didn't tell me if you think I can help you with something, ungrateful infidel! #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, there ís a nayard.shp, but it is this one (taken from this very topic, hence the altered cameo):

To my knowledge, that looks exactly the same as ngyard.shp.

Speaking of such oddities; buildup graphics - sometimes they require a specific file for every theatre, other times a simple 'g' and 'a' version works fine.

The most benevolent Yuri Himself, blessed be His hallowed name, has long since imprinted His glory upon your feeble brain, instructing you to serve His will and His cause by scouring the archives of the internet and the cobwebbed halls of your head for suggestions for the application of His ability to bring voice and body to all within - and without, never doubt - the universe.

He would be most grateful, therefore, if you could humbly advise Him which voices from which games would be fitting for those few that remain devoid of mouths yet must scream all the same, those being Agent Orange, the Cherub, the Conspirator, and the Sandstorm. Agent Orange might receive Natasha's vocal chords, ripped from Red Alert 3, while the Chaos Raptor from Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War might cause chaos by piloting the Sandstorm, should his voice be up to such a task. But Yuri is not sure about the Sandstorm, and though He is aware of an ECM Tank used by Chinese generals, He strongly suspects the Conspirator isn't fit to speak with its voice. As for the Cherub - perhaps the Stealth Tank from Tiberium Wars might be interesting? But He only has vague ideas, and would approve of further ideas to aid His indomitable will.

And, of course, the Confederate Guerrilla Centre needs to take shape. Like a god, Yuri could easily craft the finest of buildings, but the communist revolutionaries shouldn't be blessed with His might - and so it falls to a mere human minion, a disk thrower, a guy wholly out of this world, to help the nascent flame of the revolution light up the world by finding the perfect Guerrilla Centre for their pitiful cause.

In other words:
Quote:
I will release this once:

Agent Orange has her own voice (Natasha might fit, I may look at that tonight or tomorrow)
The Cherub has its own voice
The Conspirator has its own voice (parts of the ECM Tank would fit, but...)
The Sandstorm has its own voice (I should see whether Chaos' Raptor fits here)
The Guerrilla Centre has a fitting .shp
The Communications System has a fitting .shp (I'll manually recolour the Psychic Beacon, as I can't download the Yurified one on Pixelops, and this would be fun for the campaign)

In the meantime, I thought, why not work a bit on the two remaining sides.

If you have any suggestions as to the remaining voices or .shps, I'll be more than happy to know!

So yes, I would be happy with suggestions for those voices - or simply, which games might have fitting voices, and is there some kind of database where I can read through the lines spoken? - and for a fitting building for the Guerrilla Centre. Smile

Go now, young mortal, and further work towards the realisation of His vision. For a better future. For a better humanity.

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I settled on using Tiberium Wars' Shadow Team for the Sandstorm (as well as the Venom and Generals' cargo plane):

I believe the Stealth Tank will work nicely for the cherub, but for now, good night!

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thus said, I also gave the Cherub its voice:

While I was at it, I prevented it from manually attacking and finally fixed the turret spin (it'd focus on one specific infantry that it was 'attacking', instead of keeping its turret spinning constantly).

I also decided to add an empty animation to the Noosphere Tether:

That is to say, I have the .shp's, but the art code doesn't quite work as intended... It's odd.

Anyway, while I was working on that, I decided to use the unused Cloning Vats sound for the sound played when infantry enter a Bio Conduit or Noosphere Tether, while the original sound for that is now used as the Extremist's attack sound.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the art code is giving you trouble just ask someone. Smile

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I have tried a variation of things. The original Bio Reactor works as follows:

Image=YAPOWR (normal six-frame .shp of an unoccupied Bio Reactor; one frame with full health, two damage frames, and three shadow frames)
ActiveAnim=YAPOWR_A (animation of the liquid inside an empty Bio Reactor bubbling)
ActiveAnimTwo=YAPOWR_B (animation of the liquid inside an occupied Bio Reactor bubbling)
IdleAnim=YAPOWR_C (animation of lights on the Bio Reactor)

I eventually tried to recreate this (this did not result in the above picture, mind, this is just the current version, when I abandoned it for dinner #Tongue):

Image=YASBIO (normal six-frame .shp of an unoccupied Noosphere Tether; one frame with full health, two damage frames, and three shadow frames)
ActiveAnim=YASBIO_A (an empty animation, partly because I couldn't be bothered creating a bubbling effect, but mostly because, well, why would there be anything bubbling inside an empty Noosphere Tether?)
ActiveAnimTwo=YASBIO_B (animation of the liquid inside an occupied Noosphere Tether bubbling - this is not the full Noosphere Tether, merely an animation to be overlayed on it)

With the below code, an unoccupied Noosphere Tether runs through the healthy and damaged frames (yasbio.shp) as if it is an animation. An occupied Noosphere Tether stays on yasbio_a.shp. For the picture above, it sort of worked, except that the unoccupied Noosphere Tether looked as if it was full (yasbio_b.shp), and vice versa.

; Noosphere Tether
[YASBIO]
Cameo=NOOSICON
CameoPalette=noosicon.pal
Remapable=yes
Foundation=1x1
Height=2
Buildup=YASBIO_MK
DemandLoadBuildup=true
FreeBuildup=true
NewTheater=yes
ActiveAnim=YASBIO_A
ActiveAnimTwo=YASBIO_B
ActiveAnimZAdjust=-200
NormalZAdjust=-25
ActiveAnimDamaged=YASBIO_AD
ActiveAnimTwoDamaged=YASBIO_BD
CanHideThings=True
CanBeHidden=False
OccupyHeight=2
DamageFireOffset0=-5,5

[YASBIO_A]
Normalized=yes
NewTheater=yes
Start=0
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=7
LoopCount=-1
Rate=400
;Layer=ground

[YASBIO_AD]
Image=YASBIO_A
Normalized=yes
NewTheater=yes
Start=8
LoopStart=8
LoopEnd=15
LoopCount=-1
Rate=400
;Layer=ground

[YASBIO_B]
Normalized=yes
NewTheater=yes
Start=0
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=7
LoopCount=-1
Rate=400
;Layer=ground

[YASBIO_BD]
Image=YASBIO_B
Normalized=yes
NewTheater=yes
Start=8
LoopStart=8
LoopEnd=15
LoopCount=-1
Rate=400
;Layer=ground

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I'd have to check the frames for myself, I can't tell the problem from here. Can you send them to ? I'll try to fix it ASAP

Last edited by TAK02 on Fri May 28, 2021 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the lack of (reported) progress; I had university things that took up all Thursday (and will take up part of this weekend), and other things that took up a lot of other time.

But I did do a variety of things for this mod as well. I decided to enable some of the Team Alliance maps for all modes, as I don't see why they should only be available there. I spent quite some hours on the AI, which was fun. Only the Contadora Confederation now lacks a fully finished AI (and the Allied Nations and the European Union, of course). I... Did some minor things, such as changing the sound that plays when infantry enter a Noosphere Tether or Bio Conduit - an unused Cloning Vats sound, and the original sound now serves as the Extremist's fire sound. I also did other stuff that I do not quite recall. #Tongue

But no, I didn't yet find or design a nice Guerrilla Centre .shp, which is probably the main thing preventing me from releasing this. I will do so - I just don't feel too good, these past two / three days.

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't seem to figure out how to make the AI obey buildlimits. Apparently, the AI should do this automatically, with Ares, but it doesn't...? I have multiple taskforces that contain Boris, all of which require a tech level of 9 (Battle Lab) and require the AI to own less than one Boris. I do not use cloned Barracks or such. Somehow, however, I still see multiple Borises walking around.

I also can't figure out how to make all of the AI's units go to hunt every so often. I suspect this is only possible with a map trigger, and not through aimd.ini. The reason why I want this is that, for some reason - I do not know why - the AI keeps a lot of idle units around in its base (even though practically all teams have recruiter and recruitable set to yes, as well as whiner and reinforce set to no).

The AI ís capable of doing this, though; when relocating its base after its Construction Yard has been destroyed, such as here:

Or when losing its whole base, sending out a final assault before being defeated:

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The European Union is now capable of fighting somewhat:

The Peacekeeper is heavier armoured but also slower than the other basic infantry. Its range is the same as a deployed GI's range, however, the Peacekeeper is supposed to make use of Degenerates=yes to render shots at such a distance rather ineffective. I say 'supposed', because the tag doesn't seem to be working. #Tongue

The Sentinel sports a weapon not unlike that of the Chrono Legionnaire's. However, the Sentinel cannot attack buildings and cannot teleport either.

The Comet, finally, is similar to the Prism Tank, though weaker. It is obviously terrible against vehicles. And on that note, I should change the Prism Tower - by changing its name and its laser's colour, mind - because it makes no sense for the Prism Tower to be very effective against vehicles, while Prism Tanks aren't. They both use prism weaponry, after all, without any visual distinction.

Mhhhm... I did plan on giving the European Union a Comet Tank, that would actually be relatively good against vehicles, but that would be silly considering the Comet infantry. The logical thing to do, then, would be to swap the names of the Prism Tank and this Comet Tank; the original Prism Tank (now Comet Tank) and Comet infantry would be bad against vehicles, while the new Prism Tank and Prism Tower would be good against vehicles. But renaming the Prism Tank doesn't seem like a good idea. And 'Comet' and 'Comet Tank' is uninspired anyway. No, I'll think up a new name at some point.

Spectrum is obvious. Raycaster. Gem. Diamond. Crystal. Glimmer. Blink. Blaze... 'Incandescence' would be too long. 'Radiant' too radiation-y. Sparkle. Scintilla, thank you synonym dictionary. Eh, who knows!

Rainbow. Skittles. Who now can stand before the might of the Skittle Tank? Taste the rainbow along with your inevitable doom!~

Anyway! I also toyed around with the American Prospector Miner. It is unarmed and nothing special - it doesn't carry that much ore nor is it very fast or such - but it can deploy into a base expansion building. Rather convenient, to put down an Ore Refinery or Prism Tower or what have you. I am still undecided which building to use for this, though.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i wanna ask something, where's my terrorist for Hurria!!?? #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is the Khirah Automaton, a cloaked robot that blows itself up. But the original game's Terrorist is part of the Contadora Confederation, as the Insurgent. Because Cuba has the Terrorist, in the original game, and also because terrorism and Islamism immediately call up a certain image (GLA) that Hurria is not. #Tongue

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speaking of odd things, you might have wondered what the Arsenal of Democracy was. With the European Union getting the Ore Purifier, what economic bonus will the Allied Nations (/ Americans; it is the USA's MCV-technology) get?

Well, that is the Arsenal of Democracy, and it functions like a Cloning Vats for vehicles. Which you might expect for the Soviets, hence why it might be odd. But just like with Hurria's lack of a terrorist, I find this to be more fitting than the alternative.

After all, the USA is huge and (used to be) chock-full of unexploited resources. Its superpower-status was almost guaranteed, and indeed, was predicted in the eighteenth century (or earlier?). And its mass mobilisation, its industrial might, much like waking a sleeping dragon, is a nice theme. Especially with the European Union being the high-tech (Einstein) and more defensive (it borders the Soviet Union) side.

It's designed by The I Man - though I removed two odd sticks on the chimneys - and looks fittingly industrial.

The only thing is that Ares doesn't yet allow one to set a rally point, to my knowledge. But I know that has already been fixed, if perhaps not for the public.

The European Union's Assembly Plant (War Factory), by the by, is the one from MooMan:

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have always envisioned the Guardian GI to be a unit developed in cooperation between most of the Allied countries. The metal shield is quite a technological marvel, and somehow seems very 'European' to me. Perhaps it is the white colour, which is something you can see in this mod too; the European infantry and cameos are overwhelmingly white and light blue. On the other hand, the Guardian GI's name is fitting for the USA; 'GI' is a very USAn term. But 'Guardian' is more European, again.

So! This mod offers a nice opportunity to put these thoughts into practice.

The (European) Warden is mostly like the Guardian GI that we know, but has a shorter ranged missile launcher when undeployed as well. It uses laser targeting, purely as a visual effect (the lasers are thicker when elite).

The Guardian GI, on the other hand, has an armour piercing machinegun. It copies the GI, in that sense, but with different warhead values and a modified sound. It is marginally better against vehicles and infantry, but has a range equal to that of the GI (which is less than that of the Warden, or the original Guardian GI), and can't target aircraft.

Guardian GI made by WeenTesla (modified; there were non-remap red colours and the deploy frames were wrong)
Warden made by Atomic_Noodles and Dark Elf 2001

Regarding the prism thing, I don't think there is an inconsistency after all. But it did lead me to write up a description for the Comet. #Tongue

Comet
$800, Training Grounds, Airbase
150 strength, plate armour
Speed 4, sight 5
'Hors d'Abyme' prism weapon (anti-infantry, anti-building)
(infantry variant of the Prism Tank, anti infantry, anti-building)

The various conflicts regarding information security, privacy, and copyright laws between the USA and the EU reached a boiling point when the USA refused to deconstruct the Prism Tower network in various areas, such as around the White House and the Pentagon. This was enough impetus for the EU to launch a massive effort to improve its prism weapons, with the Comet being the first fruits.

Prism technology works by reflecting a single beam of light at least a few thousands of times. The Prism Tower, obviously, has more time and space (for mirrors) to reflect this beam of light than the Prism Tank, resulting in a more powerful beam that is not to be taken lightly even by the heaviest of tanks. The Comet project, however, was meant to create a weapon capable of being held by any soldier. A weapon that would therefore lack the distinctive tower-esque shape of the Prism Tank's turret.

For prism technology to fit inside a relatively normal looking weapon, the very concept would need to be miniaturised; instead of a beam of light, individual photons would need to be reflected thousands of times. Miniaturising mirrors, and finding a way to set this reflection in motion, soon became a challenge for entire physics departments. It was France that succeeded first, with their Hors d'Abyme; 'Out of the Abyss', referring to the 'mise en abyme' effect.

The USA and the EU would eventually reach an understanding, with the USA keeping the Prism Towers around its important landmarks, and even keeping access to the Prism Tank, but this conflict did bring about the second era of prism technology for the EU. Indeed, the French success would bring prism technology into the spotlights, paving the way for offshoots such as the 'Spectrum', 'Pearl', and 'Lux' variants. Prism technology, indeed, was out of the abyss.

Last edited by nlspeed on Sun May 07, 2017 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I spent the entire afternoon (and part of the evening) working on the European Airbase (this took so very long, especially the damage and buildup frames), and created the Shepherd afterwards.

The Airbase houses six aircraft, instead of four, so that every radar building has something unique; the American Aircraft Command Headquarters has the Airborne ability, the Soviet Radar Tower the Spy Plane, the Confederate Operations Hub the Supply Drop, the PSI Corps Psychic Sensor the unit-order-detection-thing and the Psychic Reveal, and the Hurrian Communications System the Radar Van Drop.

The following might change, but I envision America's aircraft (the Harrier and the Black Eagle, possibly-probably with different names and roles) to be more general units, while Europe's aircraft (the Shepherd and the Meteor) are more specialised units.

The Shepherd is fast and lightly armoured, and has a short-ranged but fast-firing prism beam (with shrapnel, of course) that is mostly effective versus infantry. It can take on some lightly armoured vehicles and buildings (buildings a bit better than vehicles, but it is still quite weak, and it has a short range and little armour), and is not that ineffective versus aircraft, but it is meant as a harassment unit more than a dedicated fighter. This because it needs no ammo; it can keep attacking indefinitely. It complements the European Airbase - capable of hosting six aircraft - rather well in this, and lore-wise, the expanded space of the Airbase somewhat negates the flak; just throw more and more planes at the Soviets to overwhelm the clouds of death. Not very European, but hey. #Tongue

The Meteor, on the other hand, would be an expensive, strong, and slow bomber, launching a bomb-esque projectile that travels very slowly - allowing units to move away from it before it detonates - but this projectile would obliterate anything caught within its blast. A Kirov-esque unit, but then as a plane.

But I haven't started on the Meteor yet. For now, the Airbase and the Shepherd:

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't do much today, except for changing some of the cameos to have the proper text (and creating a cameo for the European Concrete Walls):

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today and yesterday I worked on a variety of things. the Phantasm, a chrono'ing Tank Destroyer-esque unit, equipped with a red laser (undoubtedly derived from German prism research).

I gave the Guardian GI a voice based on the Imperial Guardsman (from Dawn of War). The Warden has the original Guardian GI's voice.

I also gave the IFV a special repair voice; the original game simply used the move voices for this.

Speaking of the IFV, I also implemented the many nice turrets floating around on the internet (though I modified some of them, and added two others). The perfect opportunity to overhaul all the IFV's weapons:

A few of the more special ones are the Pyro's:

The Conspirator's, as well as the Spy's:

The Insurgent's and Renegade's one:

The Desolator's and Extremist's, which spawns a long-lasting radiation field that is likely to kill the IFV itself (as such, I may increase the range of the field - with this range, the IFV can just drive out of it):

The Comet's, Cannoneer's, and Zealot's one:

And the Guardian GI's, Warden's, and Watchman's one:

A full list of which units create which IFV is here:

Every configuration now also has an elite weapon, by the by.

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought this might be a nice moment to speak of how the various sides repair units, infiltrate buildings, enhance their economy, and scout.

The Allied Nations have the Liberator APC vehicle to heal infantry and the Service Depot building to repair vehicles. They can train the Spy to infiltrate buildings, and have the Arsenal of Democracy that serves as a Cloning Vats for vehicles; every vehicle built emerges from both the Mechanics Bay (War Factory) and the Arsenal of Democracy. The Airborne ability, enabled by the Airforce Command Headquarters, can be seen as a method to scout the shroud - at the cost of a handful of poor GIs, sacrificed for their countries. A better way would be to construct the far more expensive and far more vulnerable Spy Satellite building.

The European Union's Training Grounds (now recoloured to be less blue, and thus, fit better) can heal infantry, while an IFV with an Engineer inside can repair vehicles. The Research Facility allows one to call in a Spec Ops Drop, where a European Nighthawk flies by to paradrop a SEAL and a Spy, allowing one to infiltrate enemy bases. Thank you, Allied Nations. The Research Facility can further uplink to the Allied spy satellites, revealing the whole map to the European player as well - this ability takes ten minutes to charge, though. Europe's economy enhancing building is the Ore Purifier.

I may redesign the Research Facility's cameo, as while the night theme fits it, it doesn't fit with the light blue / white style I use for the rest of the European cameos. I'll see if I can create something better at some point.

The original idea for the World Socialist Alliance was to let its War Miner deploy to heal friendly infantry around itself. It even had fitting voice lines! But then I discovered that harvesters can't actually deploy, because it prevents them from turning into the 'empty back'-variant (which will require me to think of something else for the Prospector Miner). So I gave that to the Conscript, with the cheering animation - because who doesn't like swarms of Conscripts? To repair vehicles, the World Socialist Union has the Repair Crane building, and their economy enhancing building is, of course, the Industrial Plant, that reduces the cost of vehicles by 25%. To scout, the World Socialist Alliance can use the Spy Plane ability, from the Radar Tower, and to infiltrate buildings, the Spy Plane and Boris' MiGs are crewed by Spies. They should paradrop to safety when these planes are shot down, but this isn't quite working as intended.

The Contadora Confederation can heal both infantry and vehicles in the middle of combat with the Supply Drop ability, from their Operations Hub; this drops a bunch of health crates as well as one Pathfinder infantry. The Guerrilla Centre / Propaganda Centre / something I still need a .shp for functions as their economy enhancer, and enables the bounty function on all Confederate units; every Confederate unit that kills another unit nets the Confederate player 25% of the killed unit's cost. The aforementioned Pathfinder is a slightly longer ranged Revolutionary that can scout - it has a larger sight range - and, more importantly, infiltrate buildings. As far as scouting goes, the Contadora Confederation also has the Attack Dog (but then, Soviet Dread Drones, PSI Corps Cherubs, and so on, may also double as scout units).

The PSI Corps heals infantry with the PSI wave of the Angel, and repairs vehicles with the PSI wave of the Priest. Reborn infantry - slightly changed and renamed Yuri Clones - can infiltrate buildings, while the Cloning Vats, that produce every infantry emerging from the Cerebral Dormitory, function as the economy enhancer. The Psychic Reveal ability, enabled by the Psychic Sensor, serves as the scouting ability.

Hurria, finally, can produce the Clansman vehicle, that comes loaded with a Tribute infantry. The Tribute can punch vehicles to repair them, and can explode in a wave of gas to heal infantry. The Conspirator infantry can infiltrate buildings, while an upgraded Battle Miner serves as the economy enhancer. The Communications System enables the Radar Van Drop ability, that - surprisingly - paradrops a Radar Van. Besides having a large sight radius - especially for a vehicle, as I have reduced the sight of all vehicles - the Radar Van can attack enemies; it deals no damage, but it reduces the strength of these enemies with 25%.

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have been rather busy the past few days - I did the TOEFL, amongst other things - but fear not!

Guardian Medium Tank
$900, Assembly Plant
300 strength, heavy armour
Speed 7, sight 4
105mm AI-assisted cannon (anti-vehicle, anti-building)
(Grizzly Battle Tank with a slightly longer range and the capability of holding one passenger that can fire out of the vehicle)

"Guardian tank, at your service!" (voice based on Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3's Guardian Tank)

As legions of Rhino Heavy Tanks emerged from the gates of Moscow and thundered over European soil, it became clear that the various Medium Tanks were painfully outdated. Not only were they an entire generation behind the Soviet tanks, the American adaption - the Grizzly Battle Tank - was a speedy tank meant for skirmishing and ambushing the Soviet convoys spreading out all over the USA. The European countries, however, were far smaller, and far more urbanised as well. Finally, the Grizzly Battle Tank sacrificed range - precisely the thing European Medium Tanks needed to effectively defend against the Soviet onslaught.

In the end, the Allies still won the Third Great War. But the Europeans knew they needed a tank capable of standing up to the Rhino Heavy Tank - not a so-called 'Battle Tank', but a genuine Medium Tank, brought up to modern standards. This became the Guardian Medium Tank - and American engineers are convinced to this day that it practically entirely ripped off their Grizzly Battle Tank.

There is due cause for that belief; the Guardian Medium Tank seems to be about as heavily armoured and is also about as fast as the Grizzly Battle Tank. Its cannon fires about as fast and has about the same damage output, though its range is increased with the help of artificial intelligence. This allows it to outrange the Rhino Heavy Tank, with the only downside being the costlier production process.

What's more, the urbanised European landscape and its dense population centres proved to be an excellent environment for the IFV - an idea adapted by the Guardian Medium Tank. With the inclusion of many partly or fully AI-assisted systems, the Guardian Medium Tank needs a smaller crew, and its crew needs to pay less attention. This allows the tank to even carry a passenger - a passenger that can employ his or her weapon to engage targets alongside the Guardian's 105mm cannon. Surely, with such adaptability, the Soviets stand no chance of overrunning Europe again?

Guardian Medium Tank made by raminator

Avenger Bot
$900, Assembly Plant, Airbase
180 strength, heavy armour
Speed 10, sight 5
'Pressure Cooker' atmospheric vibration device (anti-infantry, anti-aircraft)
(Robot Tank, extremely effective against aircraft, far less effective and inaccurate against ground targets, gatling system)

*Sounds of processors hard at work* (voice based on Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour's Sentry Drone)

The Avenger Bot is the culmination of a project spanning decades. Reaching all the way back to the Second Great War, the European navies had a need for something to reliably protect them from surprise Yak and MiG strikes. An amphibious chassis was developed precisely for this task, but with the conclusion of the war and the introduction of the American AEGIS Cruiser shortly thereafter, there was no pressing need for the Avenger project, and the amphibious chassis was instead used as the basis for the Amphibious Transport.

The Third Great War broke out, however, and although the Soviet airforce had indeed been successfully grounded and disbanded, the Kirov zeppelins were something no one of the Allies had seen coming. With the opening shots of this war being on the Mexican border, the American AEGIS Cruisers were soon tied up trying to defend the USA's heartland from sea to shining sea. A very uncomfortable Europe immediately dug out its research pertaining to the Avenger project, watching as Soviet nuclear missile silos popped up just across the border in Poland.

With reports from the Americans coming in about the apocalyptic ravage caused by the Kirov Airships, the Europeans were spurred into a flurry of activity. Prism technology, mirage technology, IFV technology - all these and more were optimised and perfected, in the hope that quality could trump quantity. It seemed Stalin's words rang true, though; quantity had a quality all of its own, and with its vast armies, the Soviet Union was poised to subjugate the entire world - but then, in the hour of darkest dark, Einstein came through once again, and with the aid of his Chronosphere, Moscow was seized and the Soviet leadership was forced to call off their armies.

At this point, European scientists had discarded their plans to put the IFV weapons system on an amphibious platform; the mechanisms enabling amphibious movement interfered with the mechanisms of the transforming weapons system. None the less, prism technology had been further refined - as had Soviet tesla technology, of course - and the introduction of the Prism Tank and the Mirage Tank opened up intriguing possibilities for the Avenger project. Attempts to adapt prism technology - creating a turret capable of targeting aerial targets - proved to be impossible (at least, until the French made a breakthrough in prism research), so research focused on the Mirage's revolutionary weapon.

The military side of this research was rather low-key, but there was non-military relevance in the form of weather control. After all, warmth can cause evaporation and can influence the air currents. The research, therefore, progressed at a normal pace, and soon, European scientists had taken an important step towards controlling the atmosphere. A few months later, the military R&D department delivered the prototype 'Pressure Cooker'; a device capable of directing bursts of heat to cause atmospheric vibrations, changing warmth and pressure and creating turbulence.

Initially, this was only possible as a targeted burst, much like how ballistic weapons work - you cannot insert a bullet into a target, you merely point a gun and hope that the bullet reaches the target - but with the rapid improvement of AI, it soon became possible to perform more complex operations. Much like how the Weather Control Device can perform the calculations necessary to create an entire lightning storm - but then, that is an operation orders of magnitudes larger in scale than this.

Various improvements were made - and quite rapidly, at that - streamlining the AI and adding emergent properties to it, so as to increase its range and accuracy; the longer the Avenger targets a particular target, the more effective it will be. Of course, atmospheric vibrations are far more effective in the air - aircraft are far more vulnerable - but even humans can die due to the extremes of warmth and the violent winds the Avenger Bot can create. The Avenger Bot remains a prototype, but no pilot would ever willingly subject his or her aircraft to the tender mercies of the Avenger.

Avenger made by MadHQ (modified)

Shepherd
$750, Airbase
150 strength, light armour
Speed 18, sight 7
'Lightshow' prism weapon (anti-infantry, anti-aircraft)
(fast but very vulnerable, effective against infantry and moderately effective against aircraft)

"Let's give 'em an air show!" (voice based on Command & Conquer: Generals' Raptor and Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour's Laser Raptor)

It is the dream of many young Europeans; to pilot a Shepherd and act out famous scenes from movies such as 'Top Gun' or 'Flyboys'. After all, the Shepherd is personification of dogfighting, with loops and barrel rolls and more, dodging heat-seeking missiles and clouds of flak, all the while squeezing off deadly prism beams in the hopes of downing the enemy aircraft and flying off into the sunset high on adrenaline.

A more objective commentator would point out that Shepherds sport one of the highest casualty rates of both Allied and European armies combined. Of course, European commanders have no data on the casualty rate of Soviet Conscripts - but saying 'at least we're better than Conscripts' is much like saying 'at least I have only lost three limbs instead of four'. Still, it is undeniable - objectively speaking - that being a Shepherd pilot is a highly dangerous job, one for adrenaline junkies that love the 'secondary benefits' - girls and alcohol - more than the monetary rewards. That would say '30 is the new 60', instead of the reverse, and that live by the creed of living every day as if it is one's last - which, in their case, it very well might be. Still, these sentiments do little to deter the excited minds of European teenagers, nor did the various demonstrations held by concerned parents seeking ban the propaganda videos that paint an idealised picture of life as a Shepherd pilot.

No, the European youth will grow up wishing to be Shepherd pilots for the foreseeable future - and what a life it will be! Speeding over the battlefield, practically invincible at such an altitude with such a speed! Civilians looking up to see a Shepherd breaching the sound barrier, excitedly waving at the heroic pilot ensuring their safety! With extremely precise prism weapons, such a pilot can easily pick out the reds from their surroundings - and slice them in half, of course! And it doesn't stop there, for the prism beam will split and cleave the 'comrades' surrounding the red commie as well, quickly cleaning up the battlefield - and it is just priceless to see the disappointed faces of Peacekeepers and Guardian drivers, all their targets already eliminated by the razor-sharp and lightning-fast Shepherd pilots! Booyah!

Shepherd made by MadHQ (modified)

I did some other things as well... But I only recall recolouring the Ore Purifier to fit with the European colour scheme. #Tongue

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When and if you release this mod, I think it will be fun.

This just look fun!

Nice!

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good ^^

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you! Smile

It remains surprising how much fun it is to mod this game. By the by, these are the voices I gave to the previous three units. I never posted them here, but then, I figure that it is of little interest - the most interesting things are that the Guardian Tank's attack voice of Red Alert 3 sounds horrible, and that I gave the Guardian GI a specific deploy voice much like the GI and the Warden already had. Oh, and I got around to giving the Guardian GI his own firing sound; a 'deeper', 'heavier' machinegun than the GI's.

The bracketed text serves as a reminder for myself; I try to get the same amount of selection, move, and attack voices, so I take notes of which voices can possibly serve another role. Usually I delete the bracketed parts before posting here.

The Sentry Drone apparently had no attack voice in Generals Zero Hour, and I swear that some of its sounds are used in Dawn of War. The sound that you can hear in both vavesed and vavemoc. I have attached them for fun. #Tongue

Finally, most of the Guardian Tank's attack voices in Red Alert 3 just sounded too different, with too much noise, to be nice to use. The Guardian Tank has other oddities though, with two kinds of movement loops, and a slightly odd firing sound (though that is probably normal - but it sounds vaguely high-tech in a way I never noticed in Red Alert 3, so I gave it the Tsunami Tank's firing sound, which actually fits perfectly).

For a vaguely more interesting picture, I realised I never put the cameo of the Satellite Uplink power, but then, it is hardly exciting:

I did, however, move the Force Shield powers to the Construction Yards. Mostly because the SuperWeapon3 tag apparently doesn't exist (and the Research Facility would have three superweapons, if it also enabled the Force Shield), but also because nobody uses it anyway, and I wonder how this would affect things (in online play, that is - I don't think the AI is capable of using it except for when someone launches a superweapon).

This post keeps getting updated, and so might be used as some kind of progress tracker or whatnot.

DawnOfWarQuestionmark.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DawnOfWarQuestionmark.rar
 Filesize:  118.92 KB
 Downloaded:  45 Time(s)

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I added more sounds, for the Sentinel (Zone Raider) and the Comet (Zone Trooper) this time. Though it might be exceedingly unsurprising to see the Comet having the Zone Trooper's voice, I actually wanted to give that voice to the Sentinel. But it sounded a bit wrong, precisely because of the instinctive association of the Zone Trooper. And the Zone Raider's voice suited a chrono weapon better than the Zone Trooper's voice did, so ah well.

Also, why does the Zone Raider have fifteen (!) dying grunts / moans / sounds? And why does the Zone Raider have a distinctly louder voice than the Zone Trooper? Mysteries abound! #Tongue

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been busy with a thesis and other university things. I've been toying around with the Comet Tank - now the Sunburst Tank - but I've still not entirely decided how it will attack and how that will look. Some random other things I have been doing...

The European Training Grounds heals friendly infantry around it, in a small radius, and further provides them with a 50% strength boost. This is indicated with a fancy Chrono sparkle animation.

Perhaps I will repurpose the Robot Control Centre to that purpose, though. Or I will increase the Training Grounds' price. Who knows!

As for the Soviet's infantry healing - because a Conscript with that ability seems overpowered? But on the other hand, a $100-unit isn't built twice as slow as a $200 unit - how about allowing the Kirov to drop a supply crate by deploying, like the Contadora Confederation's Supply Drop?

Another experimental change is that the Allied Gap Generator now prevents major superweapons from being launched at the area it covers (but not minor superweapons; only Lightning Storms, Nuclear Missiles, and Psychic Dominators). Its gap radius has been reduced from 10 to 6, though. It drains 150 power, costs 1500, and requires a Tech Hookup again. I'll see if that seems fair.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're using Ares, yes?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you using my IFV turret(s) ?

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed, TAK02.

I don't think so, G-E; the IFV turrets I am using mostly come from IFV turrets made by Blade and CannisRabidus - they had an IFV turret pack - as well as some loose turrets from MadHQ's vehicles, that I modified.

Do you think I am using your turrets, G-E? Where could I find them? Smile

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

parex.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.54 KB
 Viewed:  18654 Time(s)

parex.jpg

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then you might wish to contact CNCGuild, G-E. That turret was included in the turret pack, here: https://cncguild.net/item-187?addview

Yours would be the fvtur_dualmiss:

The readme makes no mention of your name, but you can download the pack above, and see for yourself. I will include your name in the credits, G-E. Smile

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nlspeed wrote:
I've been busy with a thesis and other university things. I've been toying around with the Comet Tank - now the Sunburst Tank - but I've still not entirely decided how it will attack and how that will look. Some random other things I have been doing...

The European Training Grounds heals friendly infantry around it, in a small radius, and further provides them with a 50% strength boost. This is indicated with a fancy Chrono sparkle animation.

Perhaps I will repurpose the Robot Control Centre to that purpose, though. Or I will increase the Training Grounds' price. Who knows!

As for the Soviet's infantry healing - because a Conscript with that ability seems overpowered? But on the other hand, a $100-unit isn't built twice as slow as a $200 unit - how about allowing the Kirov to drop a supply crate by deploying, like the Contadora Confederation's Supply Drop?

Another experimental change is that the Allied Gap Generator now prevents major superweapons from being launched at the area it covers (but not minor superweapons; only Lightning Storms, Nuclear Missiles, and Psychic Dominators). Its gap radius has been reduced from 10 to 6, though. It drains 150 power, costs 1500, and requires a Tech Hookup again. I'll see if that seems fair.

I just want you to know, that all-blue conyard is incredibly hard to look at; I imagine the GAAIRP landing zone is as well.

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for your feedback. Others said so as well, so it is probably my monitor that is at fault. I did create a slightly darker version of it, to see if that works nicer, but I put in the original version for now and decided to ask people later what looks good and what doesn't. Smile

Speaking of looking good - how does this look?

Yes, that's a lot of text. But you see these screens so often, it might be fun. The two Naval Yard cameos will be replaced by the relevant unique units. The European ones will all resemble each other; the French will be English or German, of course (on that note, while I do know some French, I am most certainly not fluent in it, so please point out any errors you find!), and the 'Politique et Philosophie' column from Le Monde will be replaced by perhaps a newsfeed for the British and various historical news items for the Germans.

The American and ASEAN ones will be mostly similar as well. They don't make use of Galileo, of course, nor is their EVA designed by FutureTech. The ASEAN one will be a bit 'socially outdated', with shades of yellow peril as the president of the USA personally thanks the ASEAN commander for his loyal service, reminding him or her that he or she is a good example of an 'Asian', or somesuch. The American one, meanwhile, will have some fancy slogans and whatnot.

The Soviet one would look more different, as would the PSI Corps' one (and the Contadora Confederation and Hurria would only look slightly different from these two). But I haven't given that much thought yet, other than letting the Soviet anthem play during the loading screen might be fun. But then, why wouldn't La Marseillaise play during the French one? So I'll probably just stick to in-game music (besides, the French phrase in 'Destroy' is usually audible before the game has loaded #Tongue).

In other news, I went through all the voices of Starcraft 2, and decided to use Alexei Stukov's voice for Agent Orange. It would have been nice if I had found a fitting female voice, but alas.

Finally, in entirely unrelated other news, I think we can assume that Romanov and Yuri are at the Kremlin during Red Alert 2's campaign, while Vladimir is at the front (he is in his Dreadnought in Florida, in Operation: Hostile Shore, he is mentioned to still be in the USA in Operation: Home Front, and he meets his end in Washington, in Operation: Desecration).

That is the Soviet campaign, however, and it is the Allied campaign that happened in full, in this mod. I would suspect that Yuri waited with his plans to take over the Soviet Union until the Allies had largely been neutralised - and with them, anyone that might threaten him. So perhaps Vladimir was still in the USA, for we know he is there in both campaigns (Operation: Last Chance involves him nuking Chicago). Perhaps he was in charge during Operation: Fallout? It would make sense for him to be in that area anyway, what with Florida, Chicago, and Washington all indicating the Soviets invaded from the Atlantic Ocean.

So when the Allies chrono into Moscow and bring the Third Great War to an end, Vladimir might well still be at large. A fun avenue for the Contadora Confederation's campaign to explore.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Blade-Cannis IFV turret pack predates G-E by eons.

Starcraft 2 voices are a BAD idea. Blizzard is known fpr C&Ding for such.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is suspicious, though, that the turret he shows is exactly the same as the turret in that pack. Wold you say that he is misremembering who created it, then?

Noted. Thank you for the warning!

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The British loading screen, with headlines of The Guardian, somewhere in the 1960s, as well as with the option to change languages of the newspaper (neither France or Germany would have need of that):

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nlspeed wrote:
It is suspicious, though, that the turret he shows is exactly the same as the turret in that pack. Wold you say that he is misremembering who created it, then?

Noted. Thank you for the warning!

More likely we just ended up making the same thing, I never saw that pack til now.

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, if you are sure. Smile

I created the German loading screen as well. I am not really sure about the text to the left, but I have no idea how such troop movement messages would look, and I couldn't find any example of it. Obviously, what with Nazi Germany never having existed, there are a few terms and things that differ from 'our' Germany.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this mod will be popular in one day Smile

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is nice to hear! Smile

I wonder, does anyone know how to get the main menu and loding screens and all to display in the proper resolution? Not at a stretched 800x600 (or whatever it is), but either at the proper resolution or as an unstretched - windowed - version of 800x600? If that makes sense.

Also, do you really live in Saudi Arabia? I am learning Arabic! #Tongue

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, nlspeed, why did you replace the Power Plant with a Thermal Power Plant (File from Yrarg) It's a C&P job, and fix your monitor! That ConYard burns my eyes! Laughing, but seriously, don't replace the Buildings of the Allies, it's already good looking, and most Public Assets keep the Allied Base-Plate, if this mod only aims for the past after RA2 and before YR, and since there's new units and a new side, you should make the YR missions in your own way, renew the story, refine the characters, or just replace the characters, anywho, can I be in-charge on some voxelling? Like Civillian Voxels, I started already, I'll post 'em in me War Factory as soon as I finish it, then give ye voxels to ya!  Very Happy

Use Mig Eater's ACHQ for Larger aircraft like yours, it won't fit in an Airpad Type ACHQ made by Westwood.
And please, 4 Aircrafts only in one ACHQ!! The Balance must be kept! Think of 6 Harriers against a Single ConYard in Full Health, it'll be blown to smithereens!!  Laughing

And I like the progress of this mod, keep it up man!  Smile

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No no no, those are all for the Europeans! Here, the Allies / Americans and the Europeans:

MCV-technology came from the USA and was given to its allies, such as the ASEAN and the European nations. Later, after the Third Great Waar (Red Alert 2), the newly-formed European Union adapted the USAn design and created something all by themselves, based on the USA's schematics and all, thus explaining why the buildings look so similar. A similar reasoning applies to the Contadora Confederation (based on the World Socialist Union, from Soviet MCVs that were part of the Soviet invasion force in Red Alert 2) and to Hurria (given to those Hurrian factions that were the most loyal to the PSI Corps).

So there are six factions, as you can see in the first post. So I'm not replacing their buildings, don't worry! Smile

I was thinking of that last night, actually. The PSI Corps' campaign should probably have a mission where the power plants in San Francisco are successfully kept out of Allied and Soviet hands. 'After Alcatraz'. It might be the final mission, or it might not be.

Well, I'm not sure what 'in charge' would mean, but I would certainly appreciate anything you wished to share. Certainly, your Flak Track looks quite nice - I just haven't gotten around to putting it in-game yet ('tis the end of the schoolyear, after all #Tongue).

On MadHQ's website, I can only find three Soviet air structures, and one for Yuri, but none for the Allies. Which one do you mean? Smile

I like the current Airbase though, for it is based on the American one (yes, that's a plus), and the European air force is designed around the idea of having six pads available per structure. Plus, the gap is a fancy place to put a Prism Tower. #Tongue

(oh, look at that, I didn't yet put a recoloured Assembly Plant in-game - the European 'war factory' still uses the Allied brown base)

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Harrier from Vanilla RA2/YR, it's in the mixes, I would'nt replace the Harrier for a Laser Cannon equipped Sonic Fighter (The Shephard), Lasers are quite weak without extremely RECHARGED REFLECTION SYSTEMS (The Prism Technology), Missiles are more realistic, and really damaging too! I'll give ya my edit of Mig Eater's Harrier if you want.

By "In-charge", I meant that I will provide fixed, remade, original, and tasty candy for the eyes Civillian Voxels

Here's a Preview of Miggy's ACHQ in Revora, don't download it from M.O.'s site, the snow variant and original one is in Revora Forums. Please! Only 4 Fighters per Runway! Please! For the sake of Balance!!  Rolling Eyes

alliedachq.png
 Description:
THIS IS THE ACHQ FIND ME IN REVORA :P
 Filesize:  67.76 KB
 Viewed:  18386 Time(s)

alliedachq.png

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no replacement of the Harrier, just like how a Rhino Heavy Tank doesn't replace a Grizzly Battle Tank. The Harrier is the basic aircraft of the Americans, and is as you know it, while the Shepherd is the basic aircraft of the Europeans. It is cheaper and far weaker, as you note (note, though, that only internal realism matters; prism technology is externally - in our world - unrealistic, but internally - in the game's world - realistic, and the backstories I write for the units somewhat flesh this all out).

See, the Soviets have all kinds of flak weaponry. Large clouds of death, spammed into the air, killing everything. There are two ways to effectively counter this. One, by having an aircraft with enormous amounts of armour, such as the Kirov (and you counter thát by launching damaging missiles at it, such as those of the Patriot - this is actually Red Alert 2's reason for switching around the anti-air weapons, because originally, the Allies had flak and the Soviets had missiles). Or two, by launching a horde of cheap and fast aircraft - some will die, but some will get through.

The Shepherd is designed with the latter sentiment in mind, purely dedicated to quickly picking off infantry and light aircraft.

If I would know how to create .gifs, like some people here do, I could show you how the Shepherd works, if you wish.

I have to go to university now though, so ta-ta! o/

EDIT (on my phone): No, that airbase wouldn't suit the European style, I think. And as for the voxels, well, of course I would be happy with anything. Smile

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, well, I hope i could make a similar looking, but nicer in-game for your Shephard, Sir!

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What's wrong with the Shepherd (it's based on MadHQ's Apollo)? To me, it looks exactly right; a flat triangular shape whose only noticeable feature is a large engine, indicating that it is cheap to produce (not overtly complex), lightly armoured (thin), and fast (the engine), indicating that it is meant for quick missions but quite vulnerable as well.

I suppose some seem to have this odd bias against public assets, but I really don't care. Their quality wouldn't magically improve if they weren't public, nor would they serve any purpose if being public somehow detracted from their quality (because then the very concept of 'public assets' would be an impossibility). #Tongue

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe because MadHQ made it in 3D, then converted it, thus making it look weird, I'll try to make a better looking one that suits the game's style better for ya, I'm a vlxellizer for this mod now I'd say! Very Happy

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mhhhm, I'm not convinced, but if you wish, sure, try your best, and who knows, you might convince me! #Tongue

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He's right, all MadHQ voxels are 3ds2vxl ones and thereby has quantization errors (though MadHQ's voxels are quite good ones with a lot less of such in the texture level, only having them in the shapes) . I know what he means, but getting there is a LOOOONG way to go, NucleiSplitter!

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm still alive, not to worry! I haven't been doing a lot of modding, though. Still, I did some things, such as changing the buttons on the bottom bar. There, you could normally (in order) select team one, select team two, select all units of the same type, deploy the selected units, tell the selected units to guard a place, and enter waypoint / planning mode. Now, the buttons are (in order) for attack move, guard, type select, beacon, cheer, and waypoint / planning mode. Fun.

I also discovered that there are surprisingly few naval voxels available. None the less, I decided to flesh out the various navies. Mostly because I decided that, with the Avenger Bot, an anti-air ship wasn't necessary for Europe - especially as, lorewise, they were reliant on America's AEGIS Cruisers before inventing the Avenger Bot - and that an ordinary Battleship wouldn't fit Europe. On the other hand, a Zeus Stormbringer, that spawns lightning storms, would fit them (though I haven't yet found a fitting voxel for it). And so I decided to take a look at the various navies.

Allied Nations
Venturer Transport (speed of 8 (instead of 6), light armour, 400 strength (instead of 300), can't crush infantry)
Destroyer
AEGIS Cruiser
Aircraft Carrier

European Union
Venturer Transport (speed of 8 (instead of 6), light armour, 400 strength (instead of 300), can't crush infantry, can detect stealth)
Trident (chronoshifting ship with IFV-esque missiles)
Zeus Stormbringer (spawns lightning storm clouds)

World Socialist Union
Bulwark Carryall (speed of 4, ROT of 3 (instead of 5), heavy armour, 600 strength, can crush infantry)
Stingray (lightly armoured, short-ranged, but cheaper than the Destroyer and its tesla bolts bounce - created as coast guard boats)
Schuki (some kind of anti-air artillery, to keep with the Soviet / Confederate flak difference - preferabily simply a heavier Sea Scorpion, but voxels are hard to find)
Dreadnaught

Contadora Confederation
Bulwark Carryall (speed of 4, ROT of 3 (instead of 5), heavy armour, 600 strength, can crush infantry)
Typhoon Attack Submarine (most couldn't make their way back to Russia, and so, docked into South American ports)
Sea Scorpion (cheaply converted coast guards, easy to produce, may get a turret)
Huitzilopochtli (battleship that fires nine inaccurate incendiary shells (slow ammo reload, very fast ROF), Apocalypse warhead animation + perhaps damaging fire that stays on the battlefield)

PSI Corps
Journeyman Inserter (speed of 10, light armour, 200 strength, 9 sight (instead of 6), 6 passengers (instead of 12), can't crush infantry, can detect stealth)
Maelstrom Psychic Submarine (fast and weak submarine that attacks with PSI waves)
Turbulence Magnetic Submarine (anti-air submarine, creates turbulence by casting magnetic waves at aircraft)
Boomer Missile Submarine (strength halved - from 1200 to 600; the Typhoon has 600 as well, while the Dreadnaught and Aircraft Carrier have 800 - and no torpedoes)

Hurria
Journeyman Inserter (speed of 10, light armour, 200 strength, 9 sight (instead of 6), 6 passengers (instead of 12), can't crush infantry, can detect stealth)
Gulf Guard (short-ranged, fast, weak ship armed with a normal cannon - nothing special, except that it is very fast - or perhaps a suicide boat?)
Nada (the overused gatling anti-air ship, also has torpedoes and is actually a formidable enough ship)
Prophet (extremely slow ammo reload, extremely fast ROF, has six ammo to launch six capsules containing one Brute each on the battlefield (that instantly start losing health if possible))

The Sea Scorpion remains orange (as in, potentially not finished) because I wonder whether to give it a turret or not. I think it wouldn't look nice, as I think that the flak turret wouldn't fit on the boat if it would rotate 90 degrees... But I could simply design another flak turret for it. Which I may do at some point.

I adapted a gatling submarine to serve as the PSI Corps' Turbulence Magnetic Submarine, that creates turbulence by casting magnetic waves (in appearance, at least) at aircraft. It has a very long range, and is very effective against aircraft, but on the other hand, Rocketeers and the like can shrug off the little damage they take from the magnetic waves. It originally looked like the Dolphin's sonic projectile, but that caused internal errors, so now it looks like the Magnetron's / Seraph's beam - which doesn't look so nice, so hopefully it will change, but it works for now. I toyed with giving it a magnetic coil to pick up other naval units, but couldn't find a reason why it couldn't pick up units, and the Seraph is already powerful enough, so this submarine is incapable of attacking anything but aircraft.

Speaking of submarines, Amphibious Transports can detect submarines (this also makes them a surprisingly valuable asset for land forces, given that only heroes, engineers, dogs, and robots can detect stealth). The fact that most sides do not have a dedicated anti-submarine unit may be unbalanced... Or it may not be? I am too unfamiliar with naval warfare to say. Once surfaced, every unit in range can destroy them, to my knowledge. And all sides either have a dedicated anti-submarine weapon or hovering or flying units to deal with surfaced submarines. But if it does prove to be unbalanced, I have a few ideas, such as a Hunter-Seeker Drone (a submarine variant of the Terror Drone) for the Europeans, but that might be thematically unfitting.

Continuing on the subject of submarines, I did find some kind of anti-air hydrofoil (either that or a submarine), but I don't really like it, and it wouldn't fit the Soviets anyway. Still, I was playing as the Soviets to take a picture of the Stingray, so why not include it. I'll most likely scrap it though. The Stingray should be largely self-explanatory; a Tesla Tank on the water, extremely effective against infantry, but worse against vehicles and far worse against buildings when compared to the Destroyer. In fact, taking into account the Stingray's lighter armour and its slightly shorter range, the Stingray is massively outclassed by the Destroyer. But then, the new Soviet navy was either kept hidden - a number of Dreadnaughts were recalled from army musea when the time came - or based on coast guard ships and the like - such as the Stingray - so as to not draw any undue attention. As the Allies would have conducted a very thorough search for Soviet submarines in the aftermath of the war, and as the PSI Corps already uses an anti-air submarine, I don't like the idea of the Soviets using a submarine for anti-air purposes.

I have decided to scrap the Dolhpin and the Giant Squid, because I never truly understood their use and find it to be silly to have to alter the entire naval balance purely to account for the Giant Squid. Now I can create proper navies without needing to fit in these units. Still, I don't like scrapping original units, so this decision took some time. The PSI Corps' main naval unit, instead of the Giant Squid, will be a small and fast submarine that creates PSI waves.

Last edited by nlspeed on Thu May 25, 2017 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, Are Turbulance subs manned with tons of Yuri Clones? Initiates can't move anything with their minds, they can only burn things Laughing, The Giant Squid didn't need to be left out, you could've made it a bit weaker, it just rocks and damages the boats, not killing the boats off completely, and Dolphins are naval scouts, are you sure about replacing them? Well, you did, and I can't do much about that, but it's still nice to see this mod still going...

Graion, I wasn't talking about me doing 3d, I was thinking if I could remake it through VXLSE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [121 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon