Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Are There Any Official C&C Devs Who Post Here?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:  Are There Any Official C&C Devs Who Post Here? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wondering if there's any official westwood or EA people who post or make content here. I know Frank Klepacki helps on twisted insurrection soundtrack

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too bad, there are none, the WW team disbanded back in 2003, it's highly unlikely some of them will come back and use these forums to post new work. And EALA is stupid, okay I hate EA for what they done to WW, don't count on EALA, they won't even post their work here (why would they?), and I'm pretty sure C&C isn't their priority now...

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:
Too bad, there are none, the WW team disbanded back in 2003, it's highly unlikely some of them will come back and use these forums to post new work. And EALA is stupid, okay I hate EA for what they done to WW, don't count on EALA, they won't even post their work here (why would they?), and I'm pretty sure C&C isn't their priority now...

i still remember when they were making tibeirum wars and they were interviewing some of the staff working on it claiming to be C&C fans and people like  apoc kaufman community manager one time admitted he had to research what the hell C&C was when he got the job lol. back then i was making youtube videos calling them out and apoc literally messaged me that i was making him pull his hair out at night and the stress was causing problems with his fiance.
https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=714350

find keyword "shortbus" on that page. im the only one he mentioned by name lol. he's weird he even let me add him on facebook once knowing who i was and comment on his personal timeline. he wouldnt even let nodsoldiergirl do that. i made him block her cause she was obsessed with him and i had her talk to his fiance once out of jealousy lol. god i wasted my life back then. i need to stop playing this shit.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think there is any ex-C&C developer participating at this forums for a couple of years already. to be very honest. And while Frank Klepacki has helped TI with musics, I'm not aware of any account that he may have here (although I just could be ignorant about that).

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im surprised louis castle and brett sperry never showed up here. honestly in a way i think they like the job they do making games but i dont think they really liked their games or valued them that much. they seem more interested in new projects and i guess the idea of making products people will buy rather than giving a shit about the products themselves. honestly i think louis castle wanted C&C to die already.

this is something else i pointed out lol

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you realised how business works, well done. This isn't some crazy uncovery of a hidden truth. If Dune 2 hadn't made money, C&C would never have been born, and if that hadn't made money there would be no sequels. It's unfortunately the way it works.

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
So you realised how business works, well done. This isn't some crazy uncovery of a hidden truth. If Dune 2 hadn't made money, C&C would never have been born, and if that hadn't made money there would be no sequels. It's unfortunately the way it works.

the thing is you can learn from them by not being fans of their crap lol. im not joking he really does see the people who buy his products as nothing more than just profit generators so that he can make more and more products to get more and more profit. this is literally how he thinks. and its the reason why they barely supported their games and sold it to the highest bidder and just kept doing new projects.

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mechacaseal wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:

the thing is you can learn from them by not being fans of their crap lol. im not joking he really does see the people who buy his products as nothing more than just profit generators so that he can make more and more products to get more and more profit. this is literally how he thinks. and its the reason why they barely supported their games and sold it to the highest bidder and just kept doing new projects.

whelp after watching more recent louis castle videos it seems like hes more of a chameleon. looks like after he left zynga he stopped glamorizing farmville clones like empires and armies i remember when he glamorized C&C style games. honestly the more i listen to him the more full of shiat he seems. i think C&C went to his head. now he goes around different companies giving them his opinion for high prices. rofl sad. cause liek i said it seems he changes his views constantly based on his current perception of what could be the best at the time for producing games...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well C&C has a problem, and that problem is EA, both in terms of game mentality (they like fast and expensive) and their other franchises (SC etc)...

What we need is a new dev to take over, at least licensed for 1 shot at the game, like Call To Power succeeded to be a better Civ when Civ2/3 was floundering.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum