Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
ARES-compatible Spawner for YR?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
leechy233
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:  ARES-compatible Spawner for YR?
Subject description: Publicly available? Documentation anywhere?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi folks! I am a newbie here in PPM trying to make a small mod for my own research purposes, and bumped into some technical difficulties.

I found myself in need of an ARES-compatible Spawner, like the one in use for Mental Omega. But as a newbie please let me ask these:

1. Is there any version of Ivan's ARES-compatible Spawner available somewhere? I found a post by Ivan here on PPM back in 2013, but that version of the Spawner appears to require overwriting the gamemd.exe, which seems not to be the case for MO. (I suppose that breaks ARES's syringe.exe?) The Github link to Ivan's source code appears to be broken. I apologize if I am missing something.

2. I'm also trying to understand how MO and CnCNet uses the Spawner. Do they first generate the spawner.xdp from their client and launch Spawner to read that file, or does Spawner actually have a C# API to call directly by MO and CnCNet clients? From CnCNet's client source code it looks like a 'generate .xdp' -> 'spawner reads .xdp' procedure, but I am a bit lost.

3. I'm also slightly confused how and what basic statistics (e.g. win loss, build counts, etc.) from the match (during and/or after) I am able to gather. I skimmed through the CnCNet client code on Github but felt lost in details.

Some pointers / comments / documentations / instructions are highly appreciated. I lack a good overview of how Spawner can be used.

Sorry for the long post. Great thanks to Ivan for developing such a powerful tool! Very Happy

Best,
L

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon