Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
About tiberium types in Ares
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject:  About tiberium types in Ares
Subject description: Is possible to have 3 diferent types (Cruentus, Vinifera, Riparius)?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, does anyone know if its possible to have 3 types of tiberium in Ares powered mods? In ROS mod there are the 3 types and they are working, but I don't know how could be possible, there's any specific boolean or code?

Like I already got 2 types Red (Cruentus) and Green (Riparius)... But the Blue (Vinifera) type doesn't seem to work... All of them have diferent grafics but for some reason the Vinifera is exactly the same has Riparius ingame. :/

Also, there's any way to create a Vinifera Tiberium Spawner like the Bigblue in Tiberian Sun?

I parcially coded but isn't working properly ingame...

Final Alert:
Spoiler (click here to read it):
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x296/19029253_722857167893812_5768161025903661349_n.jpg?oh=da9302b5d4b20a6af9005f69c3c50c8d&oe=59A33470

Ingame:
Spoiler (click here to read it):
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19059685_722857184560477_3108168211206599554_n.jpg?oh=0080f153ec8277d9e1970c9d47408aa3&oe=59E22C92

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nothing in this particular problem of yours has to do with any Ares feature. It is possible to have 4 fully functioning ore types even without Ares.

The 4 tiberium/ore types are already coded into the game and technically usable (although there will not be a 'paint brush' for Vinifera and Aboreus in map editor). Their properties can be customized in their own sections and particularly Image is what determines the OverlayTypes tied to the ore type and thus the graphics used, with different values corresponding to different index ranges in OverlayTypes list. By default in RA2/YR, the overlays used by Vinifera and Aboreus share same graphics as Riparius.

It is not possible to create ore trees that spawn any other type than Riparius.

Last edited by Starkku on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am guesing that you have to add the shp file for the third resource to all theaters.
Otherwise you get old/corupted images or leftovers from TS.
Don't take my word for it, since I haven't tryed it.
I have just changed the gems to other resource as I don't need the third one, yet.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can spawn different types of tib using TiberiumSpawnType on debris.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't get it... What they mean with index #27, #127, #147 and #102... Can you explain?

Depending on the value given (0 to 4), the game will use a certain index in the OverlayTypes array, plus the following 11 entries.

In YR

Image=2 will use OverlayType index #27 and will only use that one entry, it is hardcoded to use only one entry.
   Image=3 will use OverlayType index #127.
   Image=4 will use OverlayType index #147.
   All other values will use OverlayType index #102.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It means the index number from the [OverlayTypes] list. I made a guide about the overlay list here that shows the different tib entries.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon