Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Third faction?
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Wolfsangel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject:  Third faction?
Subject description: Any plan about playable third faction soon?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Playing this mod since released and I still love it, but I'm started to thinking today, how would it be third factionon TI? There is a globotech but I'm talking about like '' Scrin, Cabal, Forgotten '' like these faction, I would love to see one of them, at least one of them  Very Happy  TI is a interesting and fun, third faction would be more interesting and fun, I hope mod devs planning playable third faction.

Sirius007
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Third faction? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wolfsangel wrote:
Playing this mod since released and I still love it, but I'm started to thinking today, how would it be third factionon TI? There is a globotech but I'm talking about like '' Scrin, Cabal, Forgotten '' like these faction, I would love to see one of them, at least one of them  Very Happy  TI is a interesting and fun, third faction would be more interesting and fun, I hope mod devs planning playable third faction.

Scrin do not exist in Twisted Insurrection

Even if they do, they ain't coming to Earth for several decades

Forgotten is a possibility

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suggested for Aro to add a faction with the name of: NecroDust For Mechanical Industry (building mechas more stronger than GDI), Above is a sample logo, there is another version i made since feb 2017.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If anyone is interested in spending approx. 400 hours of work in creating the necessary high quality assets (30+ hours for 1 building, 1 entire new faction=10+ buildings), there is no problem in adding a new side.

But there is no point in starting a new side as long as the current mod is still having lots of work left.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I doubt one building requires so many hours into it, if you've got an efficient workflow and good hardware. Though who am I to speak with only a dozen hours of total 3D modeling/animating experience #Tongue

Aside from the workload, a third faction is indeed not necessary if the two existing sides are asymmetric enough. And even then the GloboTech and Forsaken (aka Forgotten) structures and units offer fun twists on maps they're available.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What left is:
- GDI Airpad i think.
- Nod buildings are almost there.
- Globotech should get new buildings with buildups.
- All units maybe should get their unique voices.
- Last but not least a 4th faction (Suggested as NecroDust).

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
I doubt one building requires so many hours into it, if you've got an efficient workflow and good hardware. Though who am I to speak with only a dozen hours of total 3D modeling/animating experience #Tongue

Aside from the workload, a third faction is indeed not necessary if the two existing sides are asymmetric enough. And even then the GloboTech and Forsaken (aka Forgotten) structures and units offer fun twists on maps they're available.

But I do. I posted some of my own buildings in another thread, which are much smaller than a War Factory and the likes, and even those easily took up ten hours or something...
Sure a pillbox or other 1-tile base defence won't take up 30-40 hours (even then, you should expect 10 hours or something anyway) but the War Factory and Ore Refinery, as well as any other large structures, definately will.

LKO also has plenty of experience himself, but I can confirm you can trust his judgement on this. Making a new faction can, and will, take more than 400 hours to craft.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also depends how much thought you put into it.
You can create a simple non-animated flat building in much shorter time than a building with lots of animations (and not only a single flashing pixel). In that case you constantly have to check if the render layers will later work fine, so the anims don't overlap each other on wrong places, units being still rendered fine in front of and behind the building etc.

Trial and error to find the best looking texture, design and details usually also takes a lot of time, where you can spend easily 5 hours in an attempt that turns out horrible and you have to start all over again.
For the Nod Powerplant i made like 4 different cores (the center part which was previously the green lantern thing) before i settled with the current turbine design. Some of these design studies had a lot more detail than the current rather simple turbine. So in the end i spend more time in creating all the design tests than the final building.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed. I can't animate for crap, nor make textures, but the Saloon and Jewelry I posted before still took several hours.

Then consider that any structure needs a damaged counterparts... well... it takes a while.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum