Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Voxel Editor Issue
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
lionRA2forums
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:43 am    Post subject:  Voxel Editor Issue Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have an voxel aircraft that is small but yet has the pen squares too small as  if my voxel was big. I know from experience that when the voxel is small then the squares are bigger but  now no matter how small i make my aircraft it  continues to have those tiny squares which is annoying and makes the program lag.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Show an HVA Editor 360° Preview and In-game preview, don't post the codes as to this being a Voxel Problem, now if you Resized the voxel by 2, you have to make every number in the 'something' manager in HVA Editor divided by 2, or, just go to VXLSE III, then go to Section 'something' and click the last menu button to the right, then some button would say 'Calculate' in that menu, I forgot the names of the menus, but it's what I do everytime I remake voxels Smile

If what I said is the other way around, fix your grammars, I barely understood much of your words Razz
If you're trying to shrink a voxel, only do 100-60% on the numbers in HVA Editor

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter: He's talking about an already-downscaled voxel.

lionRA2Forums: That's not really a VXLSE issue, some people preref doing supersized voxels and those could be beefy yes. Unfortunately there's no simple solution to properly downsize (not downscale!) a voxel at the moment.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
lionRA2forums
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:

If what I said is the other way around, fix your grammars, I barely understood much of your words Razz
If you're trying to shrink a voxel, only do 100-60% on the numbers in HVA Editor

Yeah I forgot a few punctuations there. I can understand that the problem is a bit difficult to understand with words. I posted images below of what I mean.

lionRA2forums
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
NucleiSplitter: He's talking about an already-downscaled voxel.

lionRA2Forums: That's not really a VXLSE issue, some people preref doing supersized voxels and those could be beefy yes. Unfortunately there's no simple solution to properly downsize (not downscale!) a voxel at the moment.

Here's images of what I'm  talking about:

This is what I want the squares to look like (taken from a version that doesn't have the squares tiny).
http://i.imgur.com/JQudVni.jpg

See in this one how the squares are tiny compared to the other one? even though this voxel is smaller.
http://i.imgur.com/vpPcEhA.jpg

I want the second voxel (tiny squares) to have the bigger squares the same size as the first one.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh? Only difference I see is different zoom (since the other voxel is done by doubled resize), you could just right click and choose magnification to increase the size of visible squares for more convenient editing(?) but this is of course plain visual thing, not an size changer for ingame.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lionRA2forums wrote:
I want the second voxel (tiny squares) to have the bigger squares the same size as the first one.

You have doubled the size of the voxel and thus doubled the number of voxel.

Your second voxel is bigger=more voxel. But the ingame render size is set to a smaller scale.

First Voxel 86x30x140 voxel big. Thus each voxel has a nice big size in the editor
Your Second Voxel is 172x60x224 voxel big. A doubled amount of voxel leads to a much smaller representation of each voxel in the editor.

Also understand that the amount of voxel is only one aspect of the size ingame.
Your first voxel is set to fit inside a 86 voxel big space (-43 to +43) for x (30y, 140 for z due to -70 to +70)
Your second voxel is set to fit inside 62 voxel big space (-30,9  to +30,9) for x (21,5y and 80,6z)
Thus the second voxel is obviously shown smaller ingame, since your header tells the game to squeeze it into a smaller canvas.

For your first voxel you let the game show 86x voxel in a 86voxel long space. Scale is 1.0
Your second voxel is 172x voxel but squeezed inside only a 62voxel long space. Scale is 0.36

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, since he's trying to shrink it and he doubled the size, use HVA editor, go to Bounds Manager, and Divide every number by 2, it will sqeeze the 4 voxels to become 1 voxel (Your resized it by 2, which means it's multiplied by 4), it would rather look too big in-game because of a large size

lionRA2forums
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:
Well, since he's trying to shrink it and he doubled the size, use HVA editor, go to Bounds Manager, and Divide every number by 2, it will sqeeze the 4 voxels to become 1 voxel (Your resized it by 2, which means it's multiplied by 4), it would rather look too big in-game because of a large size

I did as you said but didn't fix it. "Sounds good, doesn't work" - Trump.

lionRA2forums
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Kuei Ominae

Thanks for your detailed explanation of my issue, I understand what's causing it now. I don't know what's the solution to fixing it though.

I tried tried making the Voxel Header to match the size of the canvas (x - 86+86, y 0+60, z -112+112) but the issue persists.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you now have a high-resolution voxel. There is no way to show that in low-resolution in the editor.
Use the right-click Magnification to zoom in closer in the editor window if the voxels appear too small for you.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The ONLY way you could fix it, is by remaking it from scratch in a lower resolution.

lionRA2forums
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
you now have a high-resolution voxel. There is no way to show that in low-resolution in the editor.
Use the right-click Magnification to zoom in closer in the editor window if the voxels appear too small for you.

Well that sucks that Voxel Editor can't return it back to a low resolution.
One last question, could it be that I accidentally clicked on Section > Increase Resolution that caused the squares to be small?

lionRA2forums
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
The ONLY way you could fix it, is by remaking it from scratch in a lower resolution.

Good thing I had a backup of the exact same voxel but without the issue (picture 1)  Smile.  So I'm just using that one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon