Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Construction Yard Deployment Bug
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:  Construction Yard Deployment Bug
Subject description: MCV deploys incorrectly
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Long story short: I have no idea where the bug even comes from.
I already tried commenting out everything with DeploysInto/UndeploysInto that isn't AMCV, SMCV, GACNST or NACNST.
I even compared their new codes with the original ones, and I can't seem to find the problem.

Included: Shots, Art.ini, Rules.ini.

BTW: Why isn't PCX extension allowed?

Also: Uploading attachments takes too long.

NOTES:

This WAS a YR rules. Currently being remade for RA2. The version above stopped at NACNST.

The AMCV looks like an [MTNK] (art) because of an Image test I was running.

As for chking the VXLs in the MIX: It's not just the AMCV. SMCV has been suffering from the same problem too.

The problem is that when I tell the MCV to deploy, the cell it was on becomes the CY's 'northest' cell, as opposed to the MCV's cell becoming the CY's heart like in the original game.
Also: This is Toveena's VS_INI mod. Using it's balances as a base, so don't be surprised to see YR-only stuff in the Art/Rules.

SCRN0032.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  533.98 KB
 Viewed:  1763 Time(s)

SCRN0032.png

SCRN0031.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  518.54 KB
 Viewed:  1763 Time(s)

SCRN0031.png

Art.ini
 Description:
Arts

Download
 Filename:  Art.ini
 Filesize:  395.71 KB
 Downloaded:  4 Time(s)

rules.ini
 Description:
The rules used

Download
 Filename:  rules.ini
 Filesize:  977.06 KB
 Downloaded:  7 Time(s)

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

Last edited by TAK02 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you checked your mix files to see if the amcv.vxl file is correct?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why is there Yuri stuff in your RA2 only inis? Are you sure you run the right game? If you run YR those RA2 inis are not read.
Looks like the apocalypse chassis. What do you see when you build an AMCV? Is the build MCV looking the same as the deployed one?

Why are there Jumpjet controls on your non-jumpjet mcv?

Move the vehicle section AMCV in art.ini above the [Movies] section.
I had trouble in the past with stuff at the end of art.ini.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ummm...
This WAS a YR rules. Currently being remade for RA2. The version above stopped at NACNST.

The AMCV looks like an [MTNK] (art) because of an Image test I was running.

As for chking the VXLs in the MIX: It's not just the AMCV. SMCV has been suffering from the same problem too.

The problem is that when I tell the MCV to deploy, the cell it was on becomes the CY's 'northest' cell, as opposed to the MCV's cell becoming the CY's heart like in the original game.
Also: This is Toveena's VS_INI mod. Using it's balances as a base, so don't be surprised to see YR-only stuff in the Art/Rules.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Srry for dbl post, but:

If I take the original INI Toveena provided (unmoddified) with YR, the MCV deploys as in vanilla, facing bottom-left, IIRC.

However, when using for RA2 you'll get a crash (unmoddified) or get the bug described above.
If it's any help, the MCV faces bottom-right when deploying.
That same cell becomes the CY's northest/north-westest cell.

So basically, the CY is deployed 1 cell nudged towards bottom.

A side-effect of this bug is that, when sold, crew is ejected, but the vehicle is STILL there!
I had this bug for other units when I made mobile WFs among others for RA2. It was avoided using Unsellable=yes.
I theorized back then this was because RA2's engine wasn't modified to account for the Slaveminer and because of BaseUnit.

Now I have no idea what is giong on. The only un- and deployers are the MCVs and CYs, so this shouldn't be happening.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you are going to mod RA2 edit the RA2 Rules.ini, not the YR RulesMD.ini file. By starting with the incorrect file you've created a minefield of possible problems that will be a nightmare to debug. I would suggest starting again from scratch but this time with the correct rules file.

Also in the future it would help if you actually describe what the problem is instead of just showing a vague screenshot...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The reason why I'm busying myself with MD's modification is because I want everything YR has to offer in RA2 for my mod.
The only differences will be YR flags/gameplay-elements that RA2 can't support will be omitted. What RA2 can't really do, it'll be worked around (see garrisons), among other things.

Still, hasn't a bug like this been around for anyone?
When I started modding, the bug was exclusive to everything with Un-/DeploysInto that wasn't set as a ConYard and those outside BaseUnits acceptable MCVs. This includes the Unsellable-bug.
The deployed versions of the new mobiles didn't count as buildings and were ignored when short game was set.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have never seen or heard of the MCV deploying incorrectly before so I cant help you.

The selling bug IIRC can be fixed by using Artillary=yes or TickTank=yes, which tells the game that the unit-building is linked together. However BaseUnit= should be doing that for your MCVs, why its not tho I also don't know.

You ini files are a mess with code all over the place & the problem could be anywhere. Going through it all trying to find the problem is a waste of time. As I said before you are best off starting again from scratch with the original RA2 rules file.

Why do you want to add YR stuff to RA2 anyway, why not just play YR!? Also even if you really must have YR stuff in RA2, why copy the code from a YR Ares mod as a base & then remove parts. Doing so requires an inordinate amount of work in comparison to just adding a few YR units to RA2.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wanted the most balanced RA2. I found what I needed in Toveena's VS_INI. It is however, for YR. Which means I've got some work to do.

I already have done this once before (with a vanilla YR rules) and didn't get this bug.
I think the 'biggest' difference between original MCVs and CYs would be the sensors and unused JumpJet controls.

Could someone comment those flags out and test it out for me please? I don't have a PC atm.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The reason is
you use SensorArray=yes, which is a deployer key on
ConstructionYard=yes, which is a deployer key as well.

SensorArray has a different vehicle facing for deploying and different cell location in building foundation than ConstructionYard.
SensorArray overrides ConstructionYard and messes up your conyard.

Buildings with SensorArray=yes also can't be sold, instead they undeploy back to the vehicle. Though i thought this key doesn't work in RA2 anyway as it's a TS key.

TAK02 wrote:
Could someone comment those flags out and test it out for me please? I don't have a PC atm.

While i'm at it, shall i also rewrite the entire inis to clean up the mess, balance everything and add some new custom graphics? Sarcasm

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
The reason is
you use SensorArray=yes, which is a deployer key on
ConstructionYard=yes, which is a deployer key as well.

SensorArray has a different vehicle facing for deploying and different cell location in building foundation than ConstructionYard.
SensorArray overrides ConstructionYard and messes up your conyard.

Buildings with SensorArray=yes also can't be sold, instead they undeploy back to the vehicle. Though i thought this key doesn't work in RA2 anyway as it's a TS key.

Honestly? I completely overlooked that. Read it as Sensors=yes (doesn't work on buildings, btw). Thanks for pointing that out. MCVs work now, but lack a 'Construction range'. I should still have a dummy weapon for that somewhere.

As for Unsellable: I can confirm it works for RA2 1.0003. It prevents the Sell-Cursor from showing up on such buildings (i.e. NoSell is shown). I'm not sure about YR though...

Speaking of which: YR doesn't have the same problem with SensorArrays. Any idea why WW decided to change how that one interacts with ConstructionYard then only? I had already tested VS_INI as-is with YR. Deployment worked as in vanilla there.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SensorArray does not do anything in YR AFAIK, I think it still has some lingering logic left in RA2 though, or maybe even works fully.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When the VS_INI's rulesmd is read, the CY gets a circle (if set). See pics above.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon