Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:02 am
All times are UTC + 0
"Juggernaut" Mobile Artillery
Moderators: freedom fighter
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:  "Juggernaut" Mobile Artillery
Subject description: Tier 3 artillery
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"I'm the Juggernaut!"

Weapons: x3 120mm Howitzers
Armor: Light
Speed: Moderate
Cost: $1700
Purpose: Siege
Requires: Motorpool, Arsenal

The Juggernaut was GDI's heavy mobile artillery introduced during the Firestorm Crisis in response to Nod's own usage of mobile artillery. Despite it's impressive range and firepower, it was not enough to turn the tide of battle against CABAL. As a result of GDI's eventual defeat, many Juggernauts ended up incomplete and abandoned in their War Factories only to be rediscovered by the Warriors many years later. Good thing too as they were in need of some big guns after the Scavengers refused to share their newfound ballistic missile technology with anyone. Unfortunately, barely anyone knew how to get any of the walkers to function. As an alternative, the walkers' turrets were instead mounted on some of their biggest and most powerful haul trucks. The new Juggernaut was neither fast nor heavily armored, leaving it extremely vulnerable to fast raiders. Once it got into position though, only the toughest tanks would be able to survive an unrelenting barrage of shells fired from it's three 120mm howitzers. The numerous ordnance fired coupled with it's inaccuracy makes it better at shelling groups of enemies and large buildings than smaller singular targets. Aside from it's lack of speed and armor, it's minimum range which prevents it from firing at anything too close to it serves as it's major weakness. Thus, close-in protection is often needed when fielding it.

Notes:
-This unit is unique to the Warriors Of Tratos subfaction
-Minimum range of 5
-Cannot be pilot sniped
-Original voxel by azri_apoc

Last edited by freedom fighter on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:06 pm; edited 3 times in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That Juggy turret on a Truck looks ugly. Come to think of it, the whole unit looks ridiculously ugly. But it also has this 'scrap put together' vibe that the Forgotten should have.

So, nice... tank!

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Beautiful Scrap-Texturing FF, if only all people had Grahical Skills like the rest of us Smile

The Turret looks a bit way too offset Confused

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated voxel. Deploying mechanic was also removed as it was rather micro intensive. In fact, it went through two iterations for its deployed mode: the original one was a 3x1 structure that was too big to deploy most of the time, making it effectively useless. The second iteration had the turret on a towed carriage, allowing for a more reasonable 1x1 structure. Unfortunately it came out looking like ass as you can see from the attached gif below X_x

The new design is much shorter and more practical as the turret now rests on a wide tracked base, taking inspiration from the GLA Recycler w/ tier 2 russian tech from RoTR.

juggy_001.gif
 Description:
The fuck is this shit? :/
 Filesize:  2.52 MB
 Viewed:  2216 Time(s)

juggy_001.gif

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure how I feel about the choice of including this unit into the Forgotten arsenal:
I think there's a fine line between "scavenger tech", and simply having "proper tech" with a scrappy veneer. Although I like the idea behind the appearance of the voxel, I think the unit may tend too much towards the "proper tech" side of things - it's a self-propelled howitzer as any faction might use, though dressed up and explained as improvised.

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Each Forgotten subfaction has a certain aesthetic theme that is inline with their personality. The Scavengers are your standard wasteland dwellers using jury-rigged cars and trucks, the Guardians are cultish druids who mainly rely on tamed Tiberium lifeforms and limited machinery, and the Warriors are supposed to be an organized militant resistance group who happen to harbor ex-GDI and Nod elements, hence their access to military-grade weapons.

After all, Tiberian Sun already established that the Forgotten has been maintaining Mammoth Tanks over the years. The Warriors basically expand upon that, stockpiling any military weapon they could find.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon