Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
Anyone know how to fix a Fuzzy Screen Display?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject:  Anyone know how to fix a Fuzzy Screen Display?
Subject description: I'm using a Samsung S20A300B LCD Monitor, and Mobile Intel 965 Chipset
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Been having issues ever since I installed that Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver thingy,
I couldn't find a solution in the net, because ALMOST EVERYONE HAS INTEL HD DRIVERS...

The text is getting harder to read, especially the GUI of VXLSE, it bugs me alot, because I can't play games that exceed the Screen Resolution of 1280x768(something like that)

RA2 is fine though, as I use the 1280x768 resolution, but other games such as Terraria which I use the 1600x900 resolution (recommended resolution says my monitor) are fuzzy.

Recommended Settings stated by my Monitor:
Scr. Resolution. 1600x900
Refresh Rate of 60hz

And I use the Aero effects (Win7, 32-bit color)

The Aspect Ratio option is on "Full Screen (No Border)" which is fuzzy, but if I maintain Aspect Ratio, it's clear but flattened.

My OS is Win7 Professional 64-bit. Geez, this took a long time to type Laughing

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you enable ClearText in Windows? That being disabled results in this blurry text.

Steam

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
Did you enable ClearText in Windows? That being disabled results in this blurry text.

From what i've read and noticed myself, it's actually the other way round.
When enabled the anti-aliasing can make texts unreadable, since it anti-aliases the text into blurry nothingness.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! The ClearType feature sort of was the reason, after turning it off and accidentally leaving my computer on until it slept, and after taking a bath (it took too long), I woke my computer then it fixed the bluriness, but didn't have Aero effects, I simply put it back on (via Graphics Options) and it's fine as if the Intel GMA Driver was never installed!

Once again, thank you LKO! Very Happy (stop that Google search thing though Razz)

And my monitor model can now be recognized as SA300, and how does ClearType affect the display? It was fine when it was turned on before the Intel GMA Driver was installed. Does it counter the GMA driver's display settings? Confused

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, I'm reviving this topic to let you know, that the solutions that you gave me both didn't work, it was only temporary, one day, it went back to 'Generic Non-PNP Monitor' instead of 'SA300/SA350' on my Computer, I decided to hunt down the drivers, and I updated it, but now it says 'Display device on: VGA' and it still blurred >_<

My Monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster S20A300B Digital, and as I said, I updated the drivers because the Display was FUZZY AGAIN. And my Monitor is not being Recognized, is it because it's connected by a VGA Cable? (I checked)

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check another monitor. If that's one blurry, it's most likely hardware (eg; cable, GPU, etc). If it's not blurry, your monitor is just on its way out.

Generic Non-PNP Monitor is normal. I have three screens at home and all of them say that. Nothing to worry about.

Steam

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon