Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am
All times are UTC + 0
Forum Features Suggestions
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:  Forum Features Suggestions
Subject description: Maybe we should add these to our Community.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First things first, I think there should be a PM to a new user when they finally finished the registration process, maybe it should say:

"Topic: Welcome to the PPM Community!

"Hello <username>! Welcome to the PPM Community! We hope you can bring a fresh new life to the Old but Gold, Command & Conquer games, or a Graphics Maker such as a 3D Modeller, now, to get started, you should read the Rules and Regulations of our Community here:

<insert main rules and regulations web link>

And you could start asking Moderators on what other things TO DO and NOT TO DO, now the perfect example of a Forum Moderator would be Lin Kuei Ominae, one of the many Moderators of our community in-charge of multiple Forums, or you know. You could talk to Graion Dilach about How not to be a Forum Idiot. Hopefully you shall act professional in our community (Don't be too professional though), and help the community become a better place Wink"

This message is an example of the PM I'd expect after a successful registration.

Remember, Banshee has the power to do MASSIVE changes to our community, and he's the only one that can implement this, unless if a Moderator PMs Newly Registered Users after he/she has found them. But otherwise, this should help stop New Users from becoming idiots (as what I'd imagine Graion wants Laughing).

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No.

I've grown tired of the "community" here months ago, the least I need is nagging by random people about it.

Only some individual people here worths my attention afterall - and those have it.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If so, why are you still here in this community you've grown tired of? Is it because this community is one of the only C&C still alive?

Yeah, well I thought so, but I'm bound to give up someday down the line. Once Banshee'll be done with his Doctorate, maybe he'll end up resigning and assigning a new Admin for the job, the Future is always full of surprises. Today, Banshee's finishing his Doctorate, then Tomorrow, he'll be shutting the website down, you never know what's going to happen...

And if C&C is near-death, and there are lots of Programmers here, why not just create a new game from scratch?

(It's a boring suggestion, but I know it won't happen)

And let me list down the people I know who's worthy of your attention so far, this shows that I am observative, and not completely making random things up:

Atomic_Noodles, AlexB, 4StarGeneral, Aro, Speeder (Maybe?)...

That's all I've observed through the Near-1 Year of my stay here in PPM.

These forums are dying, but we can still try to prevent it's death, by Cleaning Out useless accounts (Accounts YEARS old and barely has any posts, and PERMABANNED accounts, I don't see why we'd still have to keep those), but it won't help bringing back the livelyhood of the forums due to lack of Competitions, Interest, and RL Problems.

See ya around Graion Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
First things first, I think there should be a PM to a new user when they finally finished the registration process, maybe it should say:

Nope, I won't do that for countless reasons. The main ones are:

1) I don't expect members to browse this place for the rest of their lives.

2) I do not agree nor condone Graion Dilach's instance/behavior against what he considers to be an idiot. (In fact, he has been suspended countless times because of that). Actually, I do not agree with his definition of 'idiot' either.

3) I do not agree with your message there either.

4) I do not understand what do you mean by "act professional". To be honest, I simply expect that people act in a civilized way when posting here and that this place becomes friendly place for people to learn modding and promote their work.

etc...

Quote:
Once Banshee'll be done with his Doctorate, maybe he'll end up resigning and assigning a new Admin for the job, the Future is always full of surprises. Today, Banshee's finishing his Doctorate, then Tomorrow, he'll be shutting the website down, you never know what's going to happen...

That's exactly the opposite of what I have in mind. Once I'm done with my doctorate, I'll substantially increase my activity here, improve this place and use it to promote my work. I'm not crazy to shut down my best platform to promote my work.

Quote:
These forums are dying, but we can still try to prevent it's death, by Cleaning Out useless accounts (Accounts YEARS old and barely has any posts, and PERMABANNED accounts, I don't see why we'd still have to keep those), but it won't help bringing back the livelyhood of the forums due to lack of Competitions, Interest, and RL Problems.

Honestly, no. Cleaning inactive/banned/etc accounts doesn't make any difference at all in terms of activity. In fact, it could allow undesired people to return. I don't think it is a good idea at all. In the internet, activity grows with the constant production of content and the promotion of this content in other places.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!