Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am
All times are UTC + 0
Consequences of the Pentadecimal System
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2 [77 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"See, here I'm now by myself, talking to myself. That's, that's chaos theory."
                                                     -- Ian Malcolm

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did a few generic save tests, nothing to report.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry AlexB, I've been too busy to test recently; did download the latest build at least.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, AlexB, but until Ares forces RA2YR to run on Win10 like it would on WinXP, I can't really do much #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suggest trying it out with DDrawCompat and otherwise try to run it with the CnCNet Yuri's Revenge Client because that should have the necessary compatibility fixes to allow it to run on Windows 10.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
try to run it with the CnCNet Yuri's Revenge Client because that should have the necessary compatibility fixes to allow it to run on Windows 10.

Does the CnCNet client allow running of campaign missions?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Able to get some free time today, so far testing hasn't broken anything and also, railgun, gas, and fire particles are loaded via saved game, along with crates. No more 100 lines of NCO bugs is great as well.

Haven't been able to get it to crash yet, but I don't have every function included in my modifications either. Oh and I should mention all of my functions are in the game via additional rules_*.ini files, so that's very stable.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:

Apparently it doesn't for some reason (don't ask me why, because it should be perfectly capable of doing so for as far as I know), but you can at least still play Skirmish.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
TAK02 wrote:

Apparently it doesn't for some reason (don't ask me why, because it should be perfectly capable of doing so for as far as I know), but you can at least still play Skirmish.

Then I can't use it, and am limited to test with my slower XP machine.
How can I make C&C Supremacy live up to its name if I can't even test the missions right?

Don't get me wrong, I respect everyone here and those who make it possible to still play RA2&YR in this day and age, improved or not, but unless this is fixed, I'll have to give myself permission to call them idiots nearly as bad as EA.
How did the guys at MO solve that tho? Last I checked, it does have a campaign button.
And I'm sure including the original RA2&YR missions won't be any legal problem as long as the movies aren't included.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The CNCNet client wasn't designed for Campaign but for Multiplayer, so calling them idiots for making a multiplayer client and keeping skirmish, itself is idiotic.

MO is a heavily edited client just like DTA, so it has a campaign. Also, there's no legal problems because it's not a standalone, it still requires the base game... Maybe you should try it before hating it?

None of this has to do with Ares either btw.

In other news: Implemented many more logics into my mod and nothing is breaking that user error isn't to blame for.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What do you mean try it?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The CnCNet5 client supports campaigns. It's not just MO which use the missions list.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
The CnCNet5 client supports campaigns. It's not just MO which use the missions list.

I don't see the button...

EDIT: don't need it. cxtian got XWIS working on Lose10. This'll be fun Twisted Evil

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I uploaded RC2, which has only a few minor changes. The documentation still isn't done, and I'm not sure whether I can finish it in time, so don't plan with the final release this year.

For this year I'd like to say thanks for your ideas and opinions and thanks for testing the unstable binaries! Also, I wish you a Happy New Year! Smile

See ya soon.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

17.349.1120: Chronosphere's causing recons left'n'right if it a structure is in the way of target destination. Was this fixed since?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:

The button was intentionally left out. The client for YR is actually almost exactly the same client as what MO, DTA and TI use, which means that it supports all the same things. So just because you can't access the YR singleplayer missions through the client it doesn't mean that you can't manually make this work yourself (just look at how it's done in any of the mods I mentioned to figure out how).

From what I understand Grand intentionally didn't allow players to access the missions through the YR client because it'd allow them to just download the YR trial from Origin and then keep playing the missions once the trial has already expired (meaning that CnCNet would be stepping on EA's toes).

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
TAK02 wrote:

The button was intentionally left out. The client for YR is actually almost exactly the same client as what MO, DTA and TI use, which means that it supports all the same things. So just because you can't access the YR singleplayer missions through the client it doesn't mean that you can't manually make this work yourself (just look at how it's done in any of the mods I mentioned to figure out how).

From what I understand Grand intentionally didn't allow players to access the missions through the YR client because it'd allow them to just download the YR trial from Origin and then keep playing the missions once the trial has already expired (meaning that CnCNet would be stepping on EA's toes).

Makes sense, still don't know where to find a set of instructions tho.
Also, since when did Origin have a trial on RA2+YR?
I don't remember finding something like that. Otherwise I'd have had a field-day with the MIXs of the trial. And while I do have YR from the 'on-the-house', it's in German.
Anyone wanna trade the MIXs for English ones? #Tongue

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The trial refers to the Play First Trials you get access to when joining Origin Access for € 3,99 per month or € 24,99 per year.

I wonder if you can't get access to the English version by just reinstalling YR after changing your system language and/or the language in Origin's application settings though. The German version isn't offered as a separate game after all.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
I wonder if you can't get access to the English version by just reinstalling YR after changing your system language and/or the language in Origin's application settings though. The German version isn't offered as a separate game after all.

But when I downloaded/installed the on-the-house, it auto-installed the German version (that's where I am...). Tried language and location-settings, didn't change anything. But I might have forgotten something... Will have to try it out later.
And the original one I still have and rarely use didn't come with the movies.
Teaches you not to buy any software from/in Syria.

And I still don't know how to get that campaign button to show up.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To make the campaign button show up, find MainMenu.ini, from there find [btnNewCampaign] and give it Visible=true and Enabled=true, as well as a size that's bigger than zero (you might also need some other keys, look at the existing visible buttons for reference).

If the campaign button doesn't show up then, it's likely that CnCNet YR has the button entirely removed. In that case it's best if you either grab the client executables from MO and replace the ones in your dir with them, or compile your own client from the source code at https://github.com/CnCNet/xna-cncnet-client

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if I did something to it somehow, but even the default Magnetron isn't drawing its IsMagBeam weapon. The damage goes through, just not the visual. This is on RC2.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
I don't know if I did something to it somehow, but even the default Magnetron isn't drawing its IsMagBeam weapon. The damage goes through, just not the visual. This is on RC2.

Not just you.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's everyone. Since 17.347.962, where I accidentally swapped MagBeam and Sonic wave color defaults. Thank you! This will be fixed in the next release.

I'll make one more attempt to salvage chrono crush. If I can't find a solution, then I'll disable this feature for 1.0 (both ChronoInfantryCrush and Chronoshift.Crushable).

SteamsDev
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This looks very, very promising. I'm willing to pitch in and help. I'll try the new version with Yuri's Revenge: CnCD2K and let you know of any problems I encounter. This is exciting!

Official scripting leader of BR Studios
Check out our ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/company/progen-group
Yuri's Revenge: CnCD2K: http://www.moddb.com/mods/red-alert-2-yuris-revenge-cncd2k-mod

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally found the time to recheck the ChronoInfantryCrush and Chronoshift.Crushable feature. I found and fixed an issue, that is something that could definitely cause desyncs because of data random for each player being used. But I don't know whether that was the only issue with it. Anyhow, here's RC3.

As there's always more to do, I still have things I could look into. The documentation isn't yet done, (which is ironic considering there aren't even new features. Map lighting has some issues I'm not yet sure about, and Inaccurate weapons damage objects but don't apply their special effects like KillDriver (but that could be intended). This is what's on my list.

For now, I would consider them out of scope for 1.0, unless investigation turns up other evidence. In the last few days I was changing and updating a few things only, and it's kinda obvious Ares 1.0 is done and I just have to let it go at some point.

Thus, this shall be the last RC.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Approaching the chaotic edge, elements show internal conflict. An unstable and potentially lethal region."
                                                     -- Ian Malcolm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2 [77 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon