Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am
All times are UTC + 0
Replace Ore with Tiberium [Done]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:  Replace Ore with Tiberium [Done] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey,

does someone know how to replace the default Ore with Tiberium?

Last edited by Ich-Henker on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure you don't want both?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

interesting - could you elaborate on that?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You want to replace ore and gems with green and blue Tiberium.

It should be possible, but I'm not sure how the Tiberium-poisoning can be brought back in. Maybe setting ImmuneToTiberium= back to 'no' for InfantryTypes/organics?

What I'm curious about is whether or not it's possible to do what DTA did: Tiberium, green and blue, both poisonous, mine-able along with ore and gems, completely harmless.

I'm not asking for the TS & FS engines tho, but for RA2, YR, and Ares'ed YR.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares has a tag to reenable tiberium damage

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can change the ore/tib to look like anything you want, just make a shp with the same amount of frames (24) & name as the original ore gfx (tib01-tib20). If you want tiberium damage, healing & explosions then Ares adds those functions.

BTW there are four different types of resources (look for [Tiberiums] in the rules) in RA2, two of them are unused clones of ore tho & can easily be change into tiberium so you can have both.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
You can change the ore/tib to look like anything you want, just make a shp with the same amount of frames (24) & name as the original ore gfx (tib01-tib20). If you want tiberium damage, healing & explosions then Ares adds those functions.

BTW there are four different types of resources (look for [Tiberiums] in the rules) in RA2, two of them are unused clones of ore tho & can easily be change into tiberium so you can have both.

I already knew that, just wanted to be sure.
Doesn't tell me whether or not FA2 will be happy with those changes tho, but I could be wrong.

Isn't it possible to add more TibTypes tho?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Isn't it possible to add more TibTypes tho?

no

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not even Ares?

I'm guessing it isn't possible to have the game change which SHPs are used for a TibType with MP mode INIs either.

So much for adding Spice into C&C S...

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see - thanks for the clarifications.
Does someone has the original Tiberium Sun shp's and does someone know in which mix folder I have to put the tiberium shp's?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YR:Arg had a pack of several different colours of TS tib for RA2 IIRC.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank You very much!

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, worked well but do you know what this beige tiberium crystals are? Final Alert only displays the same number for every patch of it...
this won't happen on snow or urban maps ... exchanging and renaming those to tmp did not help.
Ichecked every single frame of each tiberium and could not find any missmatching colors ... maybe one is saved in the wrong palette..
Solved: THere were multiples of some tib shp's because of trying out several mix folders

ra222.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  601.07 KB
 Viewed:  2090 Time(s)

ra222.jpg

Last edited by Ich-Henker on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is the blue Tiberium in the files?
If not, the beige/yellow might be it (=gems).

Or maybe the game DOES use the other 2 TibTypes, but discreetly, and it was never visible because it's all gold ore, but the TibPack has four colored Tibs...

Just me theorizing without looking at the files.

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah the gems are in and have no such beige features ... i checked every single frame of each gem and could not find any missmqtching colors ...

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Palette issues then?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check the Color= for the [Cruentus] or [Vinifera], you might have
changed the NeonBlue used in vanilla YR to something else.

TAK02 wrote:
I'm guessing it isn't possible to have the game change which SHPs are used for a TibType with MP mode INIs either.

So much for adding Spice into C&C S...

The 4 [Tiberiums] and its Image= 1/2/3/4 positions in [OverlayTypes]
are hardcoded. But you should be able to change graphics of TIB01
or TIB2_01 etc. with Image= flags in MP modes or in maps.

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The graphical Problems are solved! Solution above.

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Next thing: no matter where I put the warhead for the tiberium damage (in rulesmd or in artmd) it wills till use the default warhead

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I followed all the damge steps in the documentation - damage is applied but only with the default warhead not the one i specified under [tib01] etc in rulesmd and artmd.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Documentation says [Tiberium]Warhead=, doesn't that mean [Vinifera] etc.?

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You were right!

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
The 4 [Tiberiums] and its Image= 1/2/3/4 positions in [OverlayTypes]
are hardcoded. But you should be able to change graphics of TIB01
or TIB2_01 etc. with Image= flags in MP modes or in maps.

Code:
[TIB01]
Image=SPC01
etc..

Will this work?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good. Now someone be a dear and make Spice SHPs #Tongue

The ones from Dune 2k should be good enough, tho.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont think I can say it any better so...

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Move your ass and do it yourself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon