Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
FinalTI questions
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:  FinalTI questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could find this type of thread/topic, so i made this.

In finalTI what are the covered up machinery and unknown device? Do these appear in campaign?
Also what is the large door in the LAT tiles menu?

Lastly can the road fix tiles be rearranged so that similar tiles are together (e.g the road with pavement/sidewalk)?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are meant for the interior maps.
IIRC the big door was meant to be placed in maps that lead in the following map into interior facilities. Not sure if used or not.

No, rearranging the tiles is not possible as this would make all maps corrupt and there is currently no tool available to automatically replace one tile or entire tilesets in a map with another. Manually fixing the maps is out of the question.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
there is currently no tool available to automatically replace one tile or entire tilesets in a map with another.

I beg to differ. Granted it's not fully automatic, you still have to tell (and know) what to replace with what but it's not like we have some sort of artificial intelligence thing to infallibly make that decision for you anyway.

Although I'd say rearranging stuff is not necessarily best idea anyway. You could fix official maps but it would still break all fan-made ones. Oops.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, haven't noticed. Nice.

So can i set
Old: temperat.ini
New: temperat.ini
Conversion/mapping table:
TileSet001 (from old temperat.ini)->change to->TileSet005 (from new temperat.ini)
TileSet003.Tile04->change to->TileSet007.Tile05
for multiple map files?

Public SHPs

Tools

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, you can replace one tile or whole tileset with another. Only dimension
should be same.

Once you make a profile, it can be applied to as many maps you want.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As it stands the conversion profiles (their contents are documented here anyway) work with tile indices, as in raw numbers representing the position of a particular tile in the whole of all tiles in that theater - which is what is in map tile data, it doesn't know about tileset numbers.

The command-line version of the tool can be used to extract this information (specifically, the range of tile indices covered by each tileset) from any theater configuration INI file, rest is just math and filling the numbers in.

Not the most user friendly I admit, but this is the downside of the choice that I wanted the actual conversion process to happen without the tool knowing about game's theater configuration, only what is in the map.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sounds good enough. And surely easier (less error prone) than parsing the ini.

btw, since you can decode the map and put it back together, any chance you could create a simple map combine tool? One which takes one map and copies it into another map at a certain position.
e.g.
you have two 255x127 maps and then combine them to one 255x255 map (since FinalSun is unable to edit such big maps, while the TS engine supports them just fine)

Public SHPs

Tools

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How are you supposed to use the interior gateway? The cliffs are different colours and they dont fit with the actual cliffs

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You don't, at least not for now. Maybe you'll see them updated and in use in 0.8.

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0.8?! I thought 0.7 hadn't been released

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Correct, but the gate will yet not be featured in 0.7. Naturally the next release after 0.7 will be 0.8, hence my previous post.

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rather than make a new thread/topic,i just use this one.

If i was to make a single player mission (not multiplayer), how would i be able to play it?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Place the .map file in Maps\Missions folder. Then make entry in
INI\Battle.ini for both list and details.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum