Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am
All times are UTC + 0
Dozen of new cameos!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
unknown_men
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject:  Dozen of new cameos!
Subject description: If you feel tried of the RA2YR default cameos, and feel lazy to make new one...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you feel tried of the RA2YR default cameos, and feel 'is waste much of my time' to make new one, you can download there cameo, the pack may fill all Red Alert 2 Yuri Revenge arsenal! I also add some my redundant cameo inside.

List of cameos.jpg
 Description:
Image of most cameo!
 Filesize:  255.6 KB
 Viewed:  8785 Time(s)

List of cameos.jpg

RA2 infantries cameo.rar
 Description:
Only infantries cameo at time (not including Yuri's Army), I will update later.

Download
 Filename:  RA2 infantries cameo.rar
 Filesize:  1.81 MB
 Downloaded:  524 Time(s)

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never knew Putin and Trump were spies...

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Putin is ex-KGB agent!

Creator
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trump and Putin as spy?
Is that Kenji from Overwatch?
Cyborg commando is a boss from Metal gear right?
Prism trooper is actually Starship trooper
And finally, Boris looks like a teenager, that face won't fit with his voice

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm using that same image for my Soviet Attack Dog, good choice on that one. Very Happy

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Hentai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL! Seem like Putin have his waifu!
A Shinobi one are Coloured Genji from Overwatch!

unknown_men
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Dozen of new cameos! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update with new cameos for Yuri's Infantry and fix some ugly cameos.
You can covert their cameos to SHP or use "CameoPCX/AltCameoPCX=NAMEICON.pcx" for use cameo directly (required Ares).

ADDITIONAL CAMEOS.png
 Description:
Most of cameos!
 Filesize:  179.78 KB
 Viewed:  8513 Time(s)

ADDITIONAL CAMEOS.png

YR infantries cameo.rar
 Description:
Another cameos here, fill Yuri's Army infantries.

Download
 Filename:  YR infantries cameo.rar
 Filesize:  373.57 KB
 Downloaded:  148 Time(s)

Augusto
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good cameos! You can create a russian female soldier with rocket launcher?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

>"Fix some ugly cameos"
>MS Paint Virus cameo
wat.

Come on, you can do better than that.

unknown_men
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Another infantry cameos Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Female Russian Rocket Launcher, new spies image with infilltrator sign, another virus cameo!

Untitled-1.png
 Description:
Cameos
 Filesize:  35.75 KB
 Viewed:  8412 Time(s)

Untitled-1.png

request and fix.rar
 Description:
All cameos can be download here

Download
 Filename:  request and fix.rar
 Filesize:  50.5 KB
 Downloaded:  79 Time(s)

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We need fictional cameos! just like what Project Phantom & Mental Omega 3 do on the infantry.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not a huge fan of the little emblems on the cameos. They also appear to lack a buttonize effect. Both combined make them stand out like sore thumbs among more traditional cameos.

That said, your choice of images is pretty good for the most part. A few of em I actually used in my mods way back in the day.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
We need fictional cameos! just like what Project Phantom & Mental Omega 3 do on the infantry.

we need modders with their own ideas, not duplicating/recreating stuff from famous mods.

Ontopic: i agree with EVA, the insignia ruin the cameos.
Not the fact that they have them per se, but that they
-have no uniform position and size
-have low contrast compared to the cameo and are hard to notice (e.g. give them a thin black outline or brighter colors)
-lack details, like giving them a 3d effect, some bright spots, highlights, shadows etc

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Augusto
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Another infantry cameos Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unknown_men wrote:
Female Russian Rocket Launcher, new spies image with infilltrator sign, another virus cameo!

Many thanks!! How you know i have request the female soldier cameo for Igla Trooper? You have the cameo without red star?

unknown_men
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Another infantry cameos Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Augusto wrote:
Many thanks!! How you know i have request the female soldier cameo for Igla Trooper? You have the cameo without red star?

Each cameo in rar file are include: NAMEICON.pcx(w/o insignia) and NAMEUICO.pcx(veteran cameo, with insignia) or NAMEICON 0000.png(w/o insignia) and NAMEUICO 0000.png(veteran cameo, with insignia), The idea I make vet insignia like that are from actual military rank in October Revolution and Cold War. About Igla that because a girl in cameo carring Igla-1D and 9K38 Igla is most popular AA Heat Seeker Rocket Launcher in russia. However, the Igla cameo I upload doesn't naming yet, because I doubt you don't like it, so you should make it yourself.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Ontopic: i agree with EVA, the insignia ruin the cameos.
Not the fact that they have them per se, but that they
-have no uniform position and size
-have low contrast compared to the cameo and are hard to notice (e.g. give them a thin black outline or brighter colors)
-lack details, like giving them a 3d effect, some bright spots, highlights, shadows etc

EVA-251 wrote:
Not a huge fan of the little emblems on the cameos. They also appear to lack a buttonize effect. Both combined make them stand out like sore thumbs among more traditional cameos.

That said, your choice of images is pretty good for the most part. A few of em I actually used in my mods way back in the day.

Lack buttonize, and spy(magnificent glass), engineer(wrench), hero(skull) insignia are dumb, yes. It would be fix later!. But 3d detail and bright spots of something, I doesn't notice it had in unmodded RA2YR.

JeagerEX12
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Creator wrote:
Trump and Putin as spy?
Is that Kenji from Overwatch?
Cyborg commando is a boss from Metal gear right?
Prism trooper is actually Starship trooper
And finally, Boris looks like a teenager, that face won't fit with his voice

Trump wasn't a spy but Putin was a KGB agent since 1980.

The Shinobi icon is a colored Genji from Overwatch.

And the icon for Boris does not fit with his voice, but the cameo is great to fit for unique soviet commando units.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't find any of these particularly easy to read (and I don't mean the text, I mean at a glance seeing what they are) which is the one purpose of a cameo. The faction icons don't stand out, they need some bevel / texture / glow effect to have them be distinct from the background. Similarly the actual unit in the cameo often doesn't seem distinct either because they're as sharp as the background. Usually you want to have th unit be a bit sharper and more visible than whatevers going on behind them, so you can easily spot what it is at a glance or in your peripheral vision. Subtle use of lighting and glow effects etc help do it.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, but these cameos look so weird and unfitting the game's aesthetics that the whole topic seems more like a trolling attempt rather than a serious one

JeagerEX12
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Another infantry cameos Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unknown_men wrote:

You replaced Trump Spy cameo with Obama? And also I remember there is another mod that features a new infantry unit with an Osama Bin Laden cameo which is called Apocalypse or something mod.

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My fave is femmy boris.

I want an SHP for that

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AnimalMan wrote:
My fave is femmy boris.

I want an SHP for that

Thats young boris dude

NCoder
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the concepts behind some of these far more than the actual implementation of almost all of them, for example, superimposing a Desolator on a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. background is an interesting reference. The two "Engineer" cameos also seem well-enoughly done to be useable. The Trump icon is also done well, though I suppose that there won't be a lot of applicability for it in the modding community, especially not with that label (though I guess you were labeling him as a spy as an ironic political reference).

JeagerEX12
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
AnimalMan wrote:
My fave is femmy boris.

I want an SHP for that

Thats young boris dude

Created.

Boris I arrived (with younger voice)

Select

Boris I'm here (with younger voice)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!