Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am
All times are UTC + 0
The AI units in the game
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Boso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:  The AI units in the game Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi recently been playing around with this mod and its amazing, currently making missions. I just want to know more about the AI versions of units in the game, and how they function. I also want to see if I could recreate an AI version of a unit in RA2 perhaps

Boso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oops accidentally have the post subject wrong

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The AI units are basically 1:1 copies of the normal buildable versions, but with the Costs reduced to about 60%.
The AI is pretty stupid/weak and this allows it to build faster and more units to become a bigger threat.

Some AI versions also have certain special abilities removed or set as default since the AI is not able to work with them right if it has to choose from multiple different options (e.g. stay mobile and shoot or rather deploy).

Some fast units were also slowed down for the AI, so they stick better together with other AI units when they are used in a combined task force, so the task force arrives together at the target (to prevent the fast scouts driving ahead and get killed easily before the rest of the group arrives).

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AI units were also given GuardRange=12 (and =30 for ships) to make them behave more aggressively and make them automatically attack any unit that comes close to the AI's base.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Boso

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, thanks guys. Was really interested in them. Are the buildings just cheaper clones?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Usually, yes. They should also consume less power than player-built ones. You know, to make it harder for you to get in.
I'm not sure, but it might also be beneficial for those clones to also function as oil derricks (RA2-only).

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, the AI's structures are indeed just cheaper clones for the same part, except that on naval maps the AI's war factories were also given WeaponsFactory=no in order to prevent the AI from spawning ships in them (this is necessary because the alternate factory work-around only works for human players).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Einhander
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think its funny how a harvester can sometimes be built at a naval yard on other maps that emphasize both land and sea combat.

Watching a harvester ski across the ocean always cracks me up into a fit of laughter.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That no longer happens since version 1.167 though.

Einhander
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well nuts, I guess I can't go fishing for harvesters anymore. My fleets will be displeased.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Einhander wrote:
Well nuts, I guess I can't go fishing for harvesters anymore. My fleets will be displeased.

You can always make a custom map or custom rules for offline play and put MovementZone & SpeedType = Amphibious #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum