Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am
All times are UTC + 0
Rocket (like V3) not working correct.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:  Rocket (like V3) not working correct. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am sure this is known... But I am not sure why or what I should do to fix this.

I am trying to code a Naval ship that has some thing like a V3 rocket.

However, the rocket fly's in what ever direction it wants.

Image shows an example. The 'X' is where I targeted it to attack, and the line/arrow shows the path that is went...

Has anyone seen this? Do I need to post the simple code? All I did was copy the destroyer code removed all the unwanted destroyer stuff, then added the V3's WO/rocket stuff. Then copied the V3Rocket air unit code (its still using all the V3's weapons) and renamed it.

image01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.67 KB
 Viewed:  1066 Time(s)

image01.png

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you using Ares to get around the hardcoded tags used by V3 type rockets? If not that's ya problem.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

darn... I was worried that was the problem.

Is there any other way to do V3 without using some kind of extra patch?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares just restored save-and-load so you really have no excuse to stay on vYR these days.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I have reasons to stay away from those patches.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The closest way of doing it without a patch is making an aircraft carrier with kamikaze planes that crash on the target.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon