Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 am
All times are UTC + 0
Arrows from the sky
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject:  Arrows from the sky Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

has anyone considerd what tratos says when you select him?

"arrows from the sky"
"green becomes brown"
this makes me think that something that destroys tiberium exists in space possible a alien race with a weapon thet can make the earth normal again

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought he was referring to trees, grass, and other non-tiberium plants.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think "Arrows from the sky" is refering to Ion Storms...

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Arrows from the sky"

maybe Tiberian Meteorites..or the return of the scrin

"green becomes brown"

The possible cleansing of the tiberian plague....

that reminds me, of Dr.Mobieus from TD

"Dont mind the tiberium." ....I bet hes a secret Nod Agent! Twisted Evil

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

u people think too much

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im sure "green becomes brown" is refering to the cleansing of tiberium but "arrows from the sky"?

Max Lee
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never thought of that Surprised

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the retrn of the scrin possibly. i think the two statements are related somehow perhaps something from the sky probably not natural because arrows=weapon this is true if you look at a sci-fi film with anchient mythology in it especialy hrieoglyphs.actual heiroglyphs that explain divine vengance or the Gods exerting wrath is useualy shown as arrows falling from the sky but saying that meteor stoms and volcanoe activity is often shown as flaming arrows falling from the sky well we will see....

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
that reminds me, of Dr.Mobieus from TD

"Dont mind the tiberium." ....I bet hes a secret Nod Agent!

He said "mind the tiberium" not "Dont mind the tiberium"

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah, your right....., i remembered a "dont"....

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe he's just refering to the mouse cursor Wink

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*headbuts Geckoyamori in the face and breaks his nose* serious disscussion here altho valid point

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seriously, I've always thought it was that.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it could be a joke by westwood but id rather think it is something meaningful

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

search in GDI Systems***************************************************search complite:
arows from the sky's-more atacks of the screens
green becomes brown-earth turning into teberium desert*********defence system operational losing contact!...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Green becomes brown,Refers to green,lush trees evolving into the filthy,brown tiberium Blossom trees. Arrows from the sky? perhaps missiles?

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I found it...

one of the concepts for the GDI logo, had missiles following the GDI eagle.

or, Scrin... (probably the latter)

"Banned" RP here

D
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

does it matter

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

erm.. no... what's with the picture in your sig??

"Banned" RP here

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I rather thought of it like this;

Arrows from the sky being missils & the likes from the sky, remember you get tratos from the hospital after being beaten around by nod so you can imagine he refers to all his persuers missiles as arrows from the sky. #Tongue

Also green becomes brown would probably have to do with vegetation (such as tree's) dieing out & becoming brown, like a dead leaf. (since tiberium soaks up all the grounds resources & thus normal plunts cant support themselves).

Tesla7zap
Stormbringer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or Tratos is just mentally ill.

Tesla - Where positive energy meets negative energy

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
search in GDI Systems***************************************************search complite:
arows from the sky's-more atacks of the screens
green becomes brown-earth turning into teberium desert*********defence system operational losing contact!...

LOL!!!

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tesla7zap wrote:
Or Tratos is just mentally ill.
I thinl you right!

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

arrows from the sky ( remember zeus and his lightning arrows )
probably the ion bolts

and green becomes brown : i assume the planet dieing( the lush vegetation turning into cracked mud )

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Green becomes brown could relate to the eventuallity of Tiberium taking all the minerals from the earth killing itself off.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ackron wrote:
im sure "green becomes brown" is refering to the cleansing of tiberium but "arrows from the sky"?

GBB parts wrong, Green Becomes Brown refers to the mutation of trees into Tiberium Trees, and the arrows from the sky refers to ION Storms.

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Judeau why'd you revive a months old topic?

I think the, Arrows from the sky=Ion Storm and Green become Brown=Lush plantlife to tiberium desert, are correct

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope. If you have MSN, contact me, I got a image showing what I mean, and I believe you will become a believer to what I mean when I say "Green Become Browns" talks about trees mutating into good ol' Tib Trees that funds your base 24/7. =p

Edit: 5 month old I believe, not month old

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
LateToDinner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I’ve never forgotten these words, I remember I played a computer game my moms bf had hacked and I hand I had a small cluster of these monks who would state: arrows from the sky (which I thought of as nukes) and green becomes brown, implying the wilting of organic life in the face of nuclear fire and fallout.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ignoring the ridiculous bump. Seeing all these familiar faces from the past...makes me miss those early days. This place just isn't the same without the same people.

Also I'm amazed Ackron's sig still works after almost 15 years.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even though i played tiberian sun before and used to control tratos using finalsun map editor, but i never heard these words before in-game..
Then actual scrins come out to earth (i wish westwood's c&c 3 existed, as the game didn't make a release at all).

EDIT: Ackron's signature changed after i posted the reply, is he alive or something?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always think the "Arrows from the Sky" is more of a 4th Wall breaking Joke. But it could be implied as either Ion Storms or the Nukes.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Arrows from the sky could mean meteors that brought the Tiberium.

Steam

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, that is what I think as well

PPM Halloween Season 2021

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This thread started 2004.

C&C3 wasn't around yet. Where did folks get the "he means Scrin" assumption? Were the Scrin already known by name somehow then?

Also, "arrows from the sky" is definitely meaning the mouse cursor we use as GeckoYamori already mentioned #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
This thread started 2004.

C&C3 wasn't around yet. Where did folks get the "he means Scrin" assumption? Were the Scrin already known by name somehow then?

Yes they are. Take a look at the rules.ini of TS and you will find the word is used as the name of Banshee Fighter [SCRIN], which is based on technology acquired from the UFO, and the UFO itself has Name=Scrin Ship. IIRC In a GDI mission you can see this name yourself if you put the mouse cursor on it. WW do give out the name of these aliens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum