Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Not drawing a laser effect?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:  Not drawing a laser effect? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
[GAANTIAIRDEFENSE]
UIName=Name:GAANTIAIRDEFENSE
Name=Anti-Air Defense
;Image=NASAM
BuildCat=Combat
Strength=900
Armor=steel
TechLevel=4
Prerequisite=GACNST
Adjacent=4
Sight=10
Gattling.Cycle=yes
IsGattling=yes
TurretCount=1
WeaponCount=4
Weapon1=Step1
Weapon2=Step1
Weapon3=FinalStep
Weapon4=FinalStep
WeaponStages=2
Stage1=100
Stage2=125
RateUp=1
RateDown=1
Owner=Allied
RequiredHouses=Allied
AIBasePlanningSide=0 ;gs 0 for Good, 1 for Evil
Cost=0
BaseNormal=no
Points=30
Power=-9999
Crewed=no
Capturable=false
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
DebrisAnims=DBRIS1LG,DBRIS1SM,DBRIS4LG,DBRIS4SM,DBRIS5LG,DBRIS5SM
MaxDebris=3
MinDebris=2
ThreatPosed=30 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
;DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,LGSparkSys
IsBaseDefense=yes
Powered=yes
;Turret=yes
;TurretAnim=YAGGUN
;TurretAnimIsVoxel=True
;TurretAnimX=0
;ROT=10
;TurretAnimY=15
;TurretAnimZAdjust=-40
HasStupidGuardMode=false
WorkingSound=PowerOn
NotWorkingSound=PowerOff
ImmuneToPsionics=no ; defaults to yes for buildings, no for others
Drainable=yes
AntiInfantryValue=0
AntiArmorValue=0
AntiAirValue=25
Sensors=yes
SensorArray=yes
SensorsSight=10
ImmuneToEMP=no

[Step1]
Damage=1
ROF=10
Range=18
Projectile=InvisibleAA
Speed=100
Warhead=GattlingCycle
Anim=MUZZLE
Report=

[FinalStep]
Damage=9999
ROF=100
Range=50
Projectile=InvisibleAA
Speed=100
Warhead=LaserWarhead
Anim=MUZZLE
Report=Dummy
LaserInnerColor=93,43,196
LaserOuterColor=94,0,191
LaserOuterSpread=0,0,0
LaserDuration = 15
IsLaser=true

So I'm wondering, is there something lacking? I believe I already put all the necessary stuff so it will draw a laser effect at the final Gatling cycle.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does it shoot the weapon at all?
Why don't you narrow down the problem by assigning the weapon to a minigunners Primary and test if it works under normal conditions?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes it shoots its weapon but not drawing the laser effect.

And I already have similar defenses that has laser effect weapons and they're just fine.

I also have a unit that uses Gatling cycle and uses laser effect on its final weapon stage just like the coding above and it works fine.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you tried to narrow it down further by simply adding the weapon via Primary to rule out the special gattling logic?
What happens if you place a laser weapon from which you definitely know that it works into the first/second gattling stage weapons?

You assume your weapon works because it is similar to other weapons, but do you really saw it working on an ordinary unit/building?

No clue how Gattling logic works internally, but any weapon that isn't listed on either Primary/Secondary or the Elite weapon keys is not loaded in the game. Maybe the multiple Weapon# stage keys don't load a weapon and you have to apply the weapon to a weadguy dummy hack unit to force the game to load it.
There are too many variables right now to narrow down the issue.

Any reason why you created your own InvisibleAA projectile and not used Invisible4?

btw, i'm no RA2 modder and these are just advises how you could find out the issue in 10min yourself, without waiting for hours to get an answer on this forum.Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's definitely an IsGattling problem. It's drawing the laser, just not the color. There's some problem with it trying to get values from the previous weapon, or the previous weapon is still in limbo, or any other number of things. Even giving both weapons IsLaser=true doesn't help it. The first weapon can draw lasers fine, the second can not. WW never made it to work with prism so I would imagine there's some unforeseen bug with it.

@LKO - Ares has a [WeaponTypes] list so that we don't have to use the weedguy hack anymore, like so:
Code:
[WeaponTypes]
0=Step1
1=FinalStep

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Do you tried to narrow it down further by simply adding the weapon via Primary to rule out the special gattling logic?
What happens if you place a laser weapon from which you definitely know that it works into the first/second gattling stage weapons?

You assume your weapon works because it is similar to other weapons, but do you really saw it working on an ordinary unit/building?

No clue how Gattling logic works internally, but any weapon that isn't listed on either Primary/Secondary or the Elite weapon keys is not loaded in the game. Maybe the multiple Weapon# stage keys don't load a weapon and you have to apply the weapon to a weadguy dummy hack unit to force the game to load it.
There are too many variables right now to narrow down the issue.

Any reason why you created your own InvisibleAA projectile and not used Invisible4?

btw, i'm no RA2 modder and these are just advises how you could find out the issue in 10min yourself, without waiting for hours to get an answer on this forum.Wink

Seems you didn't understand what I said. Okay to make it very clear for you, I've already done making it only "Primary" weapon and discarding Gatling logic and yes it draws laser effect. JUST that my code earlier isn't drawing laser effect.

Also, Invisible4 = InvisbleAA. I just made it much clearer for my own modding since Invisible4 or any various Invisible# confuses me.

And if you want me to make this longer, I'll show you my other codes given that I already told you I've done several stuffs that draw laser effect successfully which I never bothered adjusting my code earlier.

A code for a base defense that draws laser effect with no problems:
Spoiler (click here to read it):
Code:
[GALASERDEFENSE]
UIName=Name:GALASERDEFENSE
Name=
BuildCat=Combat
Strength=9999
Armor=steel
Prerequisite=GACNST
TechLevel=6
Adjacent=3
ROT=10
Sight=7
Owner=Allied
RequiredHouses=Allied
AIBasePlanningSide=0
Cost=9999
BaseNormal=no
Points=9999
Power=-9999
Crewed=no
Capturable=false
Explosion=TWLT070
Primary=LaserShot
Powered=yes
WorkingSound=PowerOn
NotWorkingSound=PowerOff
Turret=yes
AIBuildThis=yes
TurretAnim=GALASERDEFENSE_T
TurretAnimIsVoxel=false
TurretAnimY=0
TurretAnimZAdjust=-40
ThreatPosed=30
IsBaseDefense=yes
HasStupidGuardMode=false
ImmuneToPsionics=no
ImmuneToEMP=no
AntiInfantryValue=10
AntiArmorValue=25
AntiAirValue=0

[LaserShot]
Damage=9999
ROF=50
Range=10
Speed=100
Projectile=InvisibleHigh
Warhead=LaserShotWarhead
LaserInnerColor=93,43,196
LaserOuterColor=94,0,191
LaserOuterSpread=0,0,0
LaserDuration = 15
IsLaser=true
;IsHouseColor=true
Report=LaserShotAttack

And this one is my unit that has Gatling cycle logic and its weapon draws a laser effect on its final stage with no problems:
Spoiler (click here to read it):
Code:
[TANK]
UIName=Name:TANK
Name=
;Primary=LaserGun
;ElitePrimary=LaserGun
Prerequisite=GATECH,GAWEAP
Gattling.Cycle=yes
IsGattling=yes
TurretCount=1
WeaponCount=4
Weapon1=Step1
EliteWeapon1=Step1
Weapon2=Step1
EliteWeapon2=Step1
Weapon3=FinalStep
EliteWeapon3=FinalStepE
Weapon4=FinalStep
EliteWeapon4=FinalStepE
WeaponStages=2
Stage1=200
Stage2=225
EliteStage1=100
EliteStage2=125
RateUp=1
RateDown=1
Strength=9999
Category=AFV
Armor=light
Turret=yes
IsTilter=yes
TooBigToFitUnderBridge=true
TechLevel=10
Sight=8
Speed=4
CrateGoodie=yes
Crusher=yes
Owner=Allied
RequiredHouses=Allied
Cost=9999
Soylent=9999
Points=9999
ROT=5
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
OpportunityFire=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=TankSelect
VoiceMove=TankMove
VoiceAttack=TankAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=
DieSound=GenVehicleDie
MoveSound=TankMoveStart
CrushSound=TankCrush
Maxdebris=3
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
;MovementZone=Normal
MovementZone=Destroyer
ThreatPosed=40
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
DamageSmokeOffset=100, 100, 275
Weight=3.5
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
Accelerates=false
ZFudgeColumn=8
ZFudgeTunnel=13
Size=3

Also, can you please stop jumping to conclusions that I'm just waiting for a reply? Given my codes above, I have no choice but to ask this matter because my 2 examples above are working and yet my another base defense that draws laser effect but in Gatling cycle logic isn't showing the result that I wanted. And of course, I'm also trying to figure out the problem and tested out several stuffs to make this work while waiting for reply so once again seriously please stop.

4StarGeneral wrote:
It's definitely an IsGattling problem. It's drawing the laser, just not the color. There's some problem with it trying to get values from the previous weapon, or the previous weapon is still in limbo, or any other number of things. Even giving both weapons IsLaser=true doesn't help it. The first weapon can draw lasers fine, the second can not. WW never made it to work with prism so I would imagine there's some unforeseen bug with it.

@LKO - Ares has a [WeaponTypes] list so that we don't have to use the weedguy hack anymore, like so:
Code:
[WeaponTypes]
0=Step1
1=FinalStep

Unfortunately putting them in WeaponTypes section doesn't solve the problem.

Well, never mind this thread since I discarded my idea although it might be helpful if someone can find the solution to the problem for future use.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you wrote "similar" and "like" which for me isn't "the same".
That's why i suggested you narrow down the problem and test this very same weapon and not assume it should work since it's similar or like other weapons.
e.g.
You could have another duplicate section with the same name as your weapon, thus making only this weapon corrupt.
You wouldn't notice that mistake by assuming it should work and only comparing it with other similar weapons.
You wouldn't know if it's the weapon, the building or the gattling code causing the issue.

When testing stuff and trying to get a conclusion, i don't base it on many assumptions Wink

Try railgun with laser effect instead.
Try Charges=yes and IsBigLaser=true.

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon