Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am
All times are UTC + 0
Allied mission: River Raid.
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
uuuuh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:  Allied mission: River Raid. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hate to say this, but i need hints. Very Happy

After destroyed Soviet power supply base, reinforcements arrive.
So, where do i build base? First i went all the way to middle of map where was more expensive resource field. I got crushed from both side. Next i tried to build base next to the nearest resource field, almost immediately Soviets sent about 12 heavy tanks from north and tesla&mammoth tanks from west and i was destroyed.

Give me some tips guys.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's pretty much the hardest part of the mission; deciding where to set up your base and staying alive while growing your economy.

Probably the best place to set up your base is right to the north of the river, next to the eastern border of the map. There's only one regular ore field, but there's a lot gems that give you a quick start. It's also relatively easy to defend, because most enemies will come from only 2 routes that are roughly in the same direction. You need to get past 2 bridges to reach the place though, which means that you need to micro your reinforcements well.

Another option is to the northwest of the river where there's one ore field right next to the river, and another ore field plus a small field of gems right next to the Soviet power facility that you destroyed. It's harder to defend, but easier to reach and the resources will last longer.

Regardless of where you go, you need to be prepared for defending yourself, because the Soviets will hit you pretty hard.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. get Tanya elite by killing the many enemy bazookas and other infantry standing around
2. get your 4 bazookas elite (use elite tanya to damage tanks and the bazookas to finish them and gain the veterancy bonus), then kill the powerplants/sam sites to get all 4 elite
3. let 1 of the power plants standing in critical damage
4. get your phase tank elite after tanya and all bazookas are elite
phase tank has slightly higher range than flame turrets.
when only 1 critical damage powerplant is left, kill a few tesla coils to get it elite

With elite Tanya and elite Phase Tank, you can now clean off the center base.
Tesla Tanks: use elite Tanya to lure them away, then use the phase tank to one-shot kill the tesla tanks before they can react
Heavy and Mammoth tanks: kill them one by one with self-healing elite Tanya
Infantry: elite Tanya
V2: most tricky one, since they don't follow Tanya. But you only have to dodge the first shot, then kill them quick with elite Tanya

Keep all Tesla Coils in critical damage but alive. Destroy the Flame turrets only.
Keep the Barracks alive.

finally kill the last remaining power plant to get reinforcements.
-quickly move the buggies into the center base near the barracks (for that you destroyed the flame turrets), get the buggies safely elite with the produced infantry from there (the buggies kill the infantry before they can shoot)
-kill the critical tesla coils with your tanks to get as many elite as possible (3-4 elite tanks should be doable)

-I deployed the MCV south of the west bridge, near the ore and gem field. this way i'm between 2 fields, can expand west to the 2nd ore field. You can capture later the barracks when you think you have enough elite buggies (got about 10 of them elite, pretty useful in the beginning for fast attacks against single V2s).

-build many bazookas and place them along the south of the river. get them elite by killing all the incoming aircraft. Also use them as defense against the incoming tanks in the center. Together with elite Tanya, it should be easy to kill the tanks (even mammoths) with minimal losses.

- 4-5 of your elite Tanks block the bridge to east + 4-6 artillerys as support behind them to kill nasty infantry. This bridge is pretty much secured in the beginning. Later add several turrets and more artilleries.

-center bridge can be secured with some turrets + bazookas, after you captured the forward command center to quickly expand north to the bridge

the rest is just defending the first attacks, building up your base, get some units (20-30 tanks+ 20-30 artilleries) and kill the enemy.

With a bit luck, the enemy nuke targets one of your starting tanks. give that tank a looping waypoint path so it's always moving and thus nullifies the enemy nuke as it never hits anything.

As a bonus you can use your elite phase tank to move north to the ore field and kill all the enemy harvesters one by one.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Einhander
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dang LKO,
Have an entire tutorial on how to dominate a mission on command.

Great input by the way, I to was encountering a rather frustrating wall with that mission.

Also because right after I killed the power plants an airstrike would come in and murder my tanya.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Einhander wrote:
Also because right after I killed the power plants an airstrike would come in and murder my tanya.

Had that as well but was quick enough to send her into the phase tank.
The elite bazookas then made short work of the "confused" aircraft.

Public SHPs

Tools

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting, I didn't even know that you (LKO) play DTA's singleplayer missions.

That's also an interesting tactic. Someone on CnCNet did once tell me that he managed to destroy the center base before receiving the reinforcements, but he didn't specify how he did it. It's pretty cool to see people developing strategies like this that I didn't even seriously consider while creating the mission Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was my first try yesterday after reading the post, since i was curious at what people call a hard mission.
That's why i also weren't going straight for the trigger to fire, but tried to get as much as possible done before.

First i didn't expect it to work like that.
I expected the tesla coils to stay powered all the time (*) and would just get disabled/shutdown via the trigger after the last PP is killed. In that case my strategy wouldn't have worked.

(*) like unreachable dummy PPs outside the map to make sure the AI has always enough power.

A good surprise was, that after i killed the tiny southern base (there is a passive Tesla Tank btw who wasn't reacting when i uncloaked my phase tank to kill it), there was still a big enemy group of infantry spawned after the reinforcements arrived. So they got me unprepared there, but nothing elite Tanya can't handle.

Public SHPs

Tools

Einhander
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the kind of stuff I both hope for and worry about with my project. Hopefully it will be equally as complex such as this case.

Colos
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is the crystal patch on the cliff towards the bottom center of the map supposed to kill infantry? It doesn't spread like Tiberium but it deals damage like it would.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum