Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Sides and Countries
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:  Sides and Countries Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On ares documentation it states that - "Certain flags work properly for up to 32 countries, and yet others fail after merely 16 - it is recommended to not have any more than 16 playable countries and 32 total countries. Put the playable countries first in the list, followed by the other countries."

http://ares-developers.github.io/Ares-docs/new/sidescountries/index.html?highlight=country

I play with 20 playable countries, and haven't noticed anything off- or not working. Each country even has AI.

I was wondering,

What kind of flags are known not to be supported? And are these flags ONLY relevant to ares introduced flags? As it states some flags work for up to 32 countries, but others merely 16. I do wonder if this is in reference to ares special [country] flags or if it applies to even original country flags. As I know that at least loadscreen, name and flags works for +16 countries.

Any info on this would be great

gameaddict11707
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Taunts don't work after 16 countries. I don't use them myself so I'm not sure if they stop working altogether or just for countries 17+.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As far as I can tell, from what AlexB improved upon from pd's Rockpatch, taunts being limited to 16 and countries being limited to 32 are the only things he hasn't changed. I'm guessing its for a good reason as well, possibly a long waste of time having to redo the way taunts work just for 16 more or something to do with taunts being called as a short and countries ID's being called via long, or something else entirely.

Ares Docs wrote:
"Certain flags work properly for up to 32 countries, and yet others fail after merely 16 - it is recommended to not have any more than 16 playable countries and 32 total countries. Put the playable countries first in the list, followed by the other countries."

I'm sure it's worded that way in case in the future more things are affected it can be noted individually and not with the general message quoted here.

I don't see myself ever using taunts ever either (lets face it, good voice actors are a rarity here) and 32 countries is more than enough; 20 is already a lot of countries. (in my opinion, 3 countries per side is the magic number)

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I played on CNC net yesterday, just out of interest - do you guys play online?

I played a few games and a co-operative last night.

Taunts are very useful Smile

Particularly korea's laugh.

HOH HOH HOH HOH HOH

Plenty available taunts in generals to be potentially transferred.

Still, adding taunts for up to 16 countries is still better than not having taunts at all.

Would certainly be free to do a bigger more finished feeling mod with taunts. but hey

I wonder if they default to something, or just refuse to play all together.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon