:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:14 pm
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Modding Central » Red Alert 2 Editing Forum » Ares (Unofficial Forum)
The next Ares
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 3 [123 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
chr0nicz420
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about fixing a bug where once you train a jumpjet infantry, Cloning Vats won't produce any more clones? Yes it will produce the cloned jumpjet infantry but the next infantry that will be trained won't produce a clone anymore. It can be solve by selling Cloning Vats then rebuilding again but of course the bug will happen again once you train a jumpjet infantry.

cxtian39
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloning is buggy. Cloning is still functioning when the building is temporary erased.

mevitar
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chr0nicz420 wrote:
Yes it will produce the cloned jumpjet infantry but the next infantry that will be trained won't produce a clone anymore.
If it's the same issue that i'm thinking of right now, then it happens because infantry doesn't move from the spawn point, blocking the spot so new clones can't be produced.
If you manually make them move away then the spot will be freed and next infantry will be able to spawn normally (but unless you move it too, it will also stay there and block following clones).

TBH, i thought it happens only because of wrong cloning building setup, not because of jumpjet cloning.

4StarGeneral
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to let engineers fix and not still not capture advanced rubble you don't own, like civilian buildings? I realize it was originally made for trench logic, but it could be so much more if it were repairable by anyone without having to be mind controlled as a workaround.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4StarGeneral wrote:
Would it be possible to let engineers fix and not still not capture advanced rubble you don't own, like civilian buildings? I realize it was originally made for trench logic, but it could be so much more if it were repairable by anyone without having to be mind controlled as a workaround.

Rubble.Destroyed.Owner=special + Rubble.Intact.Owner=neutral.

That way you can get the rubble fixed by any side. Last I used the tag (in 2015), it was pretty much that engi fixed the rubble to 1% building then you had to send it in another time to capture it thenafter. Sounds like the option you want. I used this for rebuildable tech buildings.

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
4StarGeneral
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear I had tried Rubble.Destroyed.Owner=special but whatever, it works, thank you! I had made rubble versions of every civilian building but this was stopping me from finishing it.

cxtian39
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trees should be considered as land targets by Land/NavalTargeting and probably other targeting mode

chr0nicz420
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mevitar wrote:
chr0nicz420 wrote:
Yes it will produce the cloned jumpjet infantry but the next infantry that will be trained won't produce a clone anymore.
If it's the same issue that i'm thinking of right now, then it happens because infantry doesn't move from the spawn point, blocking the spot so new clones can't be produced.
If you manually make them move away then the spot will be freed and next infantry will be able to spawn normally (but unless you move it too, it will also stay there and block following clones).

TBH, i thought it happens only because of wrong cloning building setup, not because of jumpjet cloning.

Sorry for the late response. Anyway I tested it out today and unfortunately no clones are actually spawning after I trained a jumpjet infantry then moving the cloned jumpjet infantry at another location immediately right after its spawn. So far my best solution for this is to make all of my jumpjet infantry Cloneable=no.

I don't know if I can suggest here regarding on expanding AttachEffect. How about a certain AttachEffect only affects on certain TechnoTypes for damaging warheads? For example, a warhead with 100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,75%,100%,25%,100%,100% and has a negative buff AttachEffect like armor reduction or speed reduction but that AttachEffect will work on VehicleTypes but not on InfantryTypes and BuildingTypes. I guess I'll just dismiss this and I'll just stick to creating a dummy weapon for AttachEffect either on Splits or on secondary weapon with NoAmmoWeapon logic.

Last edited by chr0nicz420 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

Mig Eater
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can already make a weapon use 2 different warheads using Splits. Use one for targeting/damage & another for the AttachEffect.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
chr0nicz420
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mig Eater wrote:
You can already make a weapon use 2 different warheads using Splits. Use one for targeting/damage & another for the AttachEffect.

I'm about to dismiss my post anyway because what I was about to do is freakishly complicated but yes I know about that since IIRC you suggested me about a makeshift of doing 2 animations on 1 warhead. However what I was about to test is on cxtian's Lightning Storm weapon.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chr0nicz420 wrote:
mevitar wrote:
chr0nicz420 wrote:

Sorry for the late response. Anyway I tested it out today and unfortunately no clones are actually spawning after I trained a jumpjet infantry then moving the cloned jumpjet infantry at another location immediately right after its spawn. So far my best solution for this is to make all of my jumpjet infantry Cloneable=no.

Does the Cloning Facility have any of GDIBarracks=yes, NODBarracks=yes, YuriBarracks=yes, or WeaponsFactory=yes set?

chr0nicz420
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexB wrote:

Does the Cloning Facility have any of GDIBarracks=yes, NODBarracks=yes, YuriBarracks=yes, or WeaponsFactory=yes set?

Nope.

...okay so I tried inserting GDIBarracks, NODBarracks, and YuriBarracks tags and jumpjet infantry cloning is working now. Thank you Alex.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new binary for testing is available (18.151.1207). It doesn't contain many new features, but at least some fixes for the features I broke recently.

Minor additions
  • Regression with cameos getting corrupted has been fixed
  • Regression of default ArmorTypes, Cursors and so on not being defined fixed
  • Regression with super weapons not allowed to fire into shroud fixed
  • Wrong default ripples value was used for IonCannon=yes
  • Check whether buildings are eligible before trying to clone
  • Operator= had no way to reset to not require a driver again. Works now.
  • Lots of internal changes

Speak Delays for Stealth and Subterranean Unit Detection
[AudioVisual]StealthSpeakDelay= (double - minutes, defaults to 0.0)
Minutes between EVA repeating the warning if a stealth unit has been detected.

[AudioVisual]SubterraneanSpeakDelay= (double - minutes, defaults to 0.0)
Minutes between EVA repeating the warning if a subterranean unit has been detected.

ReversedAs for customizing what unit is reversed
[TechnoType]ReversedAs= (TechnoType)
The optional type to override what a unit is reversed as. If not set, uses the actual unit type.

Mig Eater
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, ReversedAs= should add a lot more options, recolour units to that factions colours or make funky hybrid units. Could also make an interesting game mode or side feature where you have to reverse engineer enemy units to unlock your own.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
mevitar
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexB wrote:
It does for me, but the building has a 1x1 foundation, which is why i mentioned that i thought it's just my bad building setup. #Tongue

I think 1x1 might actually be too small for a building to be able to spawn infantry properly.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mig Eater wrote:
Nice, ReversedAs= should add a lot more options, recolour units to that factions colours or make funky hybrid units. Could also make an interesting game mode or side feature where you have to reverse engineer enemy units to unlock your own.

Depends. If you want to have reversing as prerequisite, that would be easy to add. The most difficult part would be to decide whether it's any or all (that is, if you have two hypothetical ReversePrereqs=, would one of them unlock the thing, or would both be needed?). And where it would fit into the big graph in the docs (iow, should SecretLabs override it?). And someone would have to update that svg image in the docs again...

mevitar wrote:
I think 1x1 might actually be too small for a building to be able to spawn infantry properly.

That's what she said. Very Happy

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mildly interesting new testing build is available (18.168.900).

Minor additions
  • Potentially fixed production cameos for observers

SW Timer Visibility by Stance
Can be used to distinguish between SWs that are important for the owning player or their allies to quickly see the charge state opposed to SWs the enemy doesn't have to or should not know about, and thus help reduce clutter in matches with many super weapons present.

[SuperWeapon]SW.TimerVisibility= (enum - owner,allies,team,enemy,others,all,none, defaults to all)
Defines the players that can see the super weapon timer, if ShowTimer=yes.

Unit Transports Ignoring Passenger Size
[UnitType]Passengers.BySize= (boolean, defaults to yes)
Whether passengers take space by respecting their Size= instead of taking up only one seat. Use no to enable transport units to hold as many as Passengers= passengers.

4StarGeneral
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[SuperWeapon]SW.TimerVisibility=allies or team or enemy still shows for owner as well as the allies, team, or enemy. But set to enemy shows it to the enemy but not your allies, set to team sends it to your team but not your enemies, etc. So I think it's working as it should be?

MasterHaosis
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I am lately testing stuff and reporting straight to AlexB in chat, I do not post here much, but I tested SW.TimerVisibility=owner and that works. I did not test other options

Also, Passengers.BySize=no worked for me.
I also tested those tags from older builds, new wave colorings, it worked and destroying bridge in one shot, that worked too.

Mikesari Itten
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Ok, TimerVisibility works properly. It really solves many problems in FA!
PRAISE ALEXB! Laughing

cxtian39
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passengers.BySize=no still checks SizeLimit against passenger size. I don't know whether this is good.
Also vehicle passengers are shown as a Red pip when inside Passengers.BySize=no transport and there is no way to alter that since Pip= doesn't apply to vehicles.
They originally show Blue-White-White pips so I wonder whether the color changing is intended.

Kerbiter
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Yesterday, at 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about shift-LMB ordering that enqueues 5 units in a row? I posted in suggestions topic, but haven't got attention, as it seems.

:: [PPM] C&C Mod Haven ::

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Yesterday, at 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cxtian39 wrote:
Passengers.BySize=no still checks SizeLimit against passenger size. I don't know whether this is good.

You can change SizeLimit already.

cxtian39 wrote:
Also vehicle passengers are shown as a Red pip when inside Passengers.BySize=no transport and there is no way to alter that since Pip= doesn't apply to vehicles.
They originally show Blue-White-White pips so I wonder whether the color changing is intended.

That's because I just switch pip drawing modes, so they now render like all size-less passengers (like Bio Reactors). Changing this would be some more work, which would be possible, but also be useful, because I could recode that entire part of the function and optimize it a bit in one go.

Kerbiter wrote:
What about shift-LMB ordering that enqueues 5 units in a row? I posted in suggestions topic, but haven't got attention, as it seems.

Difficult to do, as it requires a network event to convey the fact this has been triggered to all other players.
edit: Changed the wording.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 3 [123 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Modding Central » Red Alert 2 Editing Forum » Ares (Unofficial Forum)
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon