Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Render problem
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
fb
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject:  Render problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,
thanks for the mod, really excited to try it after seeing the pcgamer coverage.

TL;DR On my PC win 8.1 Pro 64bit it seems the game.exe can render 1920x1080 no problem, but the mouse cursor is on a layer of 1280x800 (from ti client.exe?) thus I cant scroll map to the right or down, cant click on sidebar,  and miss click the UI buttons (cursor is about 2cm off diagonally)

downloaded the 0.7.8 version from moddb, after instalation it auto update to 0.7.11 Launch!

1. oops error can not find screen coordinate x... y... c..
   untick windowed mode solve this
2. run on 1920x1080 the rest video option at default, play game, hit esc and.. cant click on resume button.. oops cant even move mouse cursor to scroll map to the right or down, cant reach sidebar too.
3. after many trial and error found out because ti client resolution unwindowed is capped at 1280x800 (recommended), if run game on 1280x800 resolution the problem disappear (game resolution allign with mouse plane, no offset missclick, can scroll and reach sidebar)

*already tried different renderer, even ddraw.dll from old win8fix.zip
*for some unknown reason the parameter in SUN.ini Win8Compat=No (i have clicked multiple times enable & disable compatibility button thru ti client video option) but enabling it doesnt change Win8Compat to Yes or True .. ever
*tried to make the value to Yes or True and make SUN.ini read only to no effect in game
*tried to manually set client resolution to 1920x1080 because I suspect if both client & game resolutions are the same there will be no problem (as in the case when running game in ugly 1280x800 ) but this cause ti client to freeze
*I use HDMI cable with LG led TV, in some games (civ V or civ Beyond Earth i forget)  there is a visual glitch (over contrast and several pixels screen cutoff if use 1920x1080 60Hz. Using 1920x1080 59Hz no visual glitch.
*This same PC can play TS, RA2, RA2x, C&C3, RA3 (the 1st decade bundle & steam) no problem no visual glitch (RA2 solved with VC redist 2005 or somethin)

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Render problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fb wrote:
3. after many trial and error found out because ti client resolution unwindowed is capped at 1280x800 (recommended), if run game on 1280x800 resolution the problem disappear (game resolution allign with mouse plane, no offset missclick, can scroll and reach sidebar)

Is your desktop resolution 1280x800? With Fullscreen Client enabled, the client is forced to run at your desktop resolution, because it's actually borderless windowed instead of fullscreen. The client also shouldn't lock your mouse cursor in any way.

fb wrote:
*for some unknown reason the parameter in SUN.ini Win8Compat=No (i have clicked multiple times enable & disable compatibility button thru ti client video option) but enabling it doesnt change Win8Compat to Yes or True .. ever

Don't worry about it, that's intentional.

fb
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my desktop res is 1920x1080, same as monitor native res

at initial launch, the ti client does run fullscreen (at 800x600)
it then ask
- do you want to configure settings?
- new update available, download?

despite whichever input to those, only after that SUN.ini was created
and subsequent ti client launch is not fullscreen no matter the settings, its either windowed with border or no window & no border

fb
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

today i tried openRA, it works flawlessly out of the box and looks gorgeous
after the installation it asked to send anonymous data and my eye catch this

1. the gorgeous looking openRA (dune2k) fullscreen mode was in 1536x864
2. twisted insurrection error message when I try to run windowed mode says

window title = qres
message = screen mode not found: x=1536 y=864 c=16

so how do i add this screen mode?

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

disable display scaling for all executables in the game directory

Example pic i found on google:

fb
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you so much !!!
that does it, and in windowed mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum