Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
How to i use it and mod it
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Destro0099
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:  How to i use it and mod it Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i having problem because i have not enough idea how to use ares please help me and other people who dont know

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NOTE: This post assumes you're using the stand-alone version of Ares, rather than modding an existing mod that uses Ares (such as MO or Tiberium Crisis or Red Resurrection and more).

Think of Ares as a separate EXE that works as an extension of YR that needs to be run via RunAres.bat (unless you make your own EXE for that...) and thus reads all the files regular YR does.

The difference of course being that Ares adds many flags and improves the behavior of other flags.

Simply run RunAres.bat and see what differences are there.

This file attached here for instance will/should do the following:
-Change the bottom bar's commands (this is just for you to chk if this file is even read at all)
-Show a mission-list instead of the campaign-buttons
-Enforce QuickExit (i.e. you aren't asked for confirming the Exit Game command)
-Hide the Sneak Peaks button
-Hide the Movies Button

If none but the first changes have occurred, then Ares didn't load. Upload you syringe.log here (or open it with Notepad, Notepad++, or even Word) to determine the problem.

If no changes occurred, then you did something wrong, such as launching the wrong game or misplacing the file somewhere else than your YR folder/directory. Otherwise, please state EXACTLY what you did from the moment you download this INI.

uimd.ini
 Description:
Place this into YR folder with Ares, then run RunAres.bat

Download
 Filename:  uimd.ini
 Filesize:  423 Bytes
 Downloaded:  42 Time(s)

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I installed this file and all I see is that it shows that YR.1.0.0.1 and Ares is running and that the command menu at the bottom is different

Other than that it looks just like the game and I see no difference made to the rules so I don't understand all the new things your supposed to be able to do if you cannot see the new addions in some sort of interface like a ini editor.

The documentation is written like a science text book but does not tell you HOW to do go about it but assumes that you know all the technical terms and words.

I tried changing 2 player colors last year and gave up simply because the documentaion talks about it like a text book but does not tell you HOW to change it.

Thats like saying the new dashboard control panel upgrade to your car will allow you to drive 80MPH in the snow without skidding , but when you sit in your car the dashboard looks EXACTLY the same as before.

What missing is How Do You Access It.
And thats what Ares is, extensive coding that makes perfect technical sense to only a few people but to the rest is a job in fustration only because it isn't explained in very simple terms.

I believe that if Ares was made into a INI Editor like this one, you would see tons of mods using Ares.

2021-10-11_024535.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.11 KB
 Viewed:  2176 Time(s)

2021-10-11_024535.png

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"The documentation is written like a science text book but does not tell you HOW to do go about it but assumes that you know all the technical terms and words."

Aircraft-Specific ReloadRate

Aircraft only have a global tag for defining how long it takes to reload their ammunition, which is difficult to balance for different types of aircraft firing few powerful missiles and aircraft firing lots of weak machine gun rounds. In Ares, each type can have its own ReloadRate.

[AircraftType]?ReloadRate= (double - minutes)
   The interval between restoring one round of ammunition when docked to a UnitReload=yes building. Defaults to [General]?ReloadRate.

I don't know how anyone can't understand this simple description. It says [AircraftType] obviously that means that's what the tag goes on. Next it shows an arrow pointing to ReloadRate= which is a [double] (google it) """defining how long it takes to reload their ammunition"""
See Exhibit A.

Screenshot 2021-10-11 210032.png
 Description:
Exhibit A: Holy Shit I Used Ares
 Filesize:  16.66 KB
 Viewed:  2151 Time(s)

Screenshot 2021-10-11 210032.png

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:
A) I installed this file and all I see is that it shows that YR.1.0.0.1 and Ares is running and that the command menu at the bottom is different

B) I tried changing 2 player colors last year and gave up simply because the documentaion talks about it like a text book but does not tell you HOW to change it.

C) I believe that if Ares was made into a INI Editor like this one, you would see tons of mods using Ares.

A) What do you think Ares is? a mod?

B) I guess "Using uimd.ini you can define up to 16 colors to be shown in the dropdown lists. Replace X by the numbers from 1 to Count (without leading zeros):" and the example below doesn't tell you how to change it. Oh and certainly other people helping you and explaining it for a 5 year old didn't help https://ppmforums.com/topic-56386/how-does-ares-work/

C) Oh I see, you think Ares is an INI editor.  Wall bash!

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange, it says ,,Joined: 07 Mar 2013". For these 8 years you still did not figure out what Ares is? I am confused.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon