Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
YR Red-Resurrection 2.2 released!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject:  YR Red-Resurrection 2.2 released!
Subject description: This is not a drill. Biggest update to the mod yet!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YR Red-Resurrection 2.2 released!

Soviet invasion confirmed! This is not a drill! YR Red-Resurrection 2.2 is finally here, no joke!

It is by the far biggest update to the mod ever, having taken the last year to develop (to the month), driven largely by the interest and feedback fromt the little discord community that has developed. The original goal was simply to port the mod to the CnCNet 5 client, making it possible to play online again and increase accessibility, but as it went along it resulted in almost totally overhauling the eight countries as well, making them very individual and unique.

Tonnes of work has gone into this and I definitely want to thank the testers and contributors for making it possible and, largely, a fun experience. #Tongue  Particularly a thanks needs to go to Starkku for making this entire thing possible by providing lots of technical support, particularly with the client, and the toolset he has developed.

And now its out!

Features

• Two factions, the Allies and the Soviets with all new arsenals.
  • Four countries per faction, each with 12-15 unique units, structures and support powers.
  • An entirely rebalanced experience with rapid, dynamic gameplay providing the player with plenty of opportunities for attack.
  • Over 140 new units, structures & support powers (with 75+ added in this patch alone!).
  • Over 300 multiplayer maps and several game modes, including Dead Resurrection - where infantry killed in combat rise from the dead.
  • The vanilla Red Alert 2 campaign ported to work with the additional content of Red-Resurrection.
  • The CnCNet 5 client from rampastring & Starkku, with additional unique features.
  • Also includes an offline manual and map editor!

DOWNLOAD NOW

And if you wish to take part in the growing Red-Resurrection community, follow the links below!

--------

Key Words: #News #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #Ares #YRRedResurrection 

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only joke here is what I've contributed in the last minutes lol. Very Happy

Also RedRes 2.2 even includes performances of two of my friends even - who previously only voiced for AS. Very Happy

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats on the release, I played couple of skirmish matches. May I know what is additional unique features added to the client?

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations on the release.

E1 Elite wrote:
May I know what is additional unique features added to the client?

Not much that is actually game-changing, so far. Most notable is probably the ability to define additional 'random side selectors' that could be used to make options like 'Random Allied/Soviet Country' appear in game setup, as is the case in RR. Rest are mostly convenience features or allowing easier customization of certain existing client properties.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
Not much that is actually game-changing, so far. Most notable is probably the ability to define additional 'random side selectors' that could be used to make options like 'Random Allied/Soviet Country' appear in game setup, as is the case in RR. Rest are mostly convenience features or allowing easier customization of certain existing client properties.

Would you be willing to submit these changes to the master client branch? Additional random side selectors have been requested by many YR players and modders, and I'm interested in knowing which "existing client properties" you've made easier to customize.

Congratz on the release, I like that main menu. I think it's the first time someone has made "icon buttons" for the client instead of just having the buttons be lined up like they'd be in a column.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:

Would you be willing to submit these changes to the master client branch? Additional random side selectors have been requested by many YR players and modders, and I'm interested in knowing which "existing client properties" you've made easier to customize.

Certainly. Although certain things involving build configurations, mods and few updater-related changes might need to be left out. It might take me a little while to sort it out but expect it to happen sometime this week.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's no hurry Smile

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats, great to see mods still being improved and released.

I've never played RR but there's no Yuri? Or is it being worked on currently?

Any plans for a new side?

ayylmao on Discord

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!