Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New TS-DDraw release (Fixes Windows 8/10 bugs,blackscreen..)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [84 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The ScrollDelay patch is enabled in both DTA and TI. The client doesn't set the key, but you can set it manually and it works.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated to 1.1.3.3, there was a bug that could cause the game to freeze sometimes.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pre-release 1.1.3.4

Support for OpenGL and GDI renderers in the same dll.

The renderer will default to OpenGL and fallback to GDI on failure

New options in ddraw.ini - Vsync=(yes|no) and Render=(auto|opengl|gdi)

Fixes more freezing bugs

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you do away with the double resolution switching ?

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Did you do away with the double resolution switching ?

I don't know, I never had this bug and I don't have any win7 pc to test it.
But opengl is using the improvements from the GDI version now which does lower the FPS on focus loss, it could possibly fix this bug. If not, then we'll have to disable opengl completely on focus loss and recreate the context on focus gain

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just tested the latest one, RA2, Win7x64, Win9x compat, Run as Admin... on AMD 7950/R9 280 3gb... and it doesn't work.

It pops up the game on the taskbar, so I see the icon, but never focuses to it, then after a few seconds that closes, never to reappear.

I don't know what's going on?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm on a Geforce GFX 1050ti windows 7 with Ares, no matter what options I try I'm not getting that same issue.

However, OpenGL renders the videos in the wrong colors whether windowed or not. GDI on the other hand, runs perfectly besides the FPS viewer flashes consistently on 62 fps when windowed. (I don't know how people can play on 30 and under, drives me nuts)

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
I don't know how people can play on 30 and under, drives me nuts
Not everyone is as patience-lacking as you, General #Tongue
Also, I take it you haven't been playing RA2/YR missions lately.

EDIT: OK, I know what you're talking about now. It's a solid 62 FPS here.

Report:
On auto: (so I  presume OpenGL was used)
RA2's menu radar thingy is in the wrong palette, and the skirmish map preview vanishes.
YR's menu radar thingy is in the wrong palette until you exit a skirmish match.
I haven't tested with a re-match, but in-game everything that isn't the sidebar is miscolored. This includes the cameos. Again, not the sidebar.

On gdi:
No issues, feels like vanilla. I think.

Side-note: YR (both auto & gdi) lags a bit when exiting a skirmish (probably affects all matches and missions too). What happens is that the screen enlarges (and clips through the screen) before quitting.
This wasn't the issue with the TS-YR proxy I use. Attaching it here for future reference. Ask cxtian where he/she got it from.

ts-yr_proxy_newest.zip
 Description:
It most likely isn't the newest anymore.

Download
 Filename:  ts-yr_proxy_newest.zip
 Filesize:  489.56 KB
 Downloaded:  18 Time(s)

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for reporting, the color bug should be fixed in the next release.

Problem was that GDI was using RGB555 and OpenGL was using RGB565. Both should be using RGB565 now (it seems to work fine).

BTW, you can disable the FPS counter via the settings file if you dislike it.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FunkyFr3sh wrote:
you can disable the FPS counter via the settings file if you dislike it.
It's disabled by default anyway #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
dkeeton
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Update that should fix the color problems

https://github.com/CnCNet/ts-ddraw/releases/tag/1.1.3.5

You can use Right Control + End to toggle between GDI and OpenGL. If the screen freezes then alt+tab to desktop and come back to the game.

Use Right Control + R to bring up the FPS counter which will now also show the current rendering engine.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The minimap isn't drawn well for me for gdi or ogl
win10 system just updated yesterday

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same as the last one for me, taskbar icon shows, after a few seconds disappears, no game.

If I set the renderer to opengl, the delay before it goes away is about twice as long, I don't know if that means it's having more success or less success.

Previous versions worked, so perhaps you should make a version that writes a log, maybe that can help narrow it down?

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
I just tested the latest one, RA2, Win7x64, Win9x compat, Run as Admin... on AMD 7950/R9 280 3gb... and it doesn't work.

It pops up the game on the taskbar, so I see the icon, but never focuses to it, then after a few seconds that closes, never to reappear.

I don't know what's going on?

Make sure all compatibility modes are disabled and try again.

cxtian39 wrote:
The minimap isn't drawn well for me for gdi or ogl
win10 system just updated yesterday

What game?

G-E wrote:
Same as the last one for me, taskbar icon shows, after a few
seconds disappears, no game.

If I set the renderer to opengl, the delay before it goes away is about twice as long, I don't know if that means it's having more success or less success.

Previous versions worked, so perhaps you should make a version that writes a log, maybe that can help narrow it down?

We could try that yeah. Does GDI work?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok compatibility mode off works, I tried auto which seems to choose opengl and no frame drop. I can also confirm the radar screen looks like it's dithered and grainy.

Previously when your thing did the double resolution switch the minimap tended to be drawn at some funky scale and would clip the edges off showing only a small piece of it, whereas now it shows the whole map badly.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FunkyFr3sh wrote:
What game?
Yuriko's revenge

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
FunkyFr3sh wrote:
What game?
Yuriko's revenge
Laughing

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have removed glFinish after SwapBuffers and added glFlush before it. It seems to have solved the menu delay with OpenGL renderer and increases performance further. Attaching the change, you could test it on your end and then use it.

Sometimes switching between OpenGL and GDI from within the game, gives black screen and even hangs the system.

ts-ddraw-1.1.4.7_changes.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ts-ddraw-1.1.4.7_changes.zip
 Filesize:  5.35 KB
 Downloaded:  20 Time(s)

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With no response, I assume the change didn't have effect on your end. I tested with CityScape map in TSClient with DrawFPS switched off. First load of the DLL is slow, so after first run on the map, I had tested with changing both the official version and my changed build and then checking for the menu response. It works better for me on Win7 x64, nVidia card.

With August commits at github, the windows fullscreen is not working properly. For example, when windows desktop is at 1920x1080 and the game resolution is set to 1600x900, it doesn't scale to fullscreen but draws it as inset with surrounding gap filled black. Last working version is of 1.1.4.5 (July 2018).

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GlFinish should not be used by default (unless you enable vsync, but that's probably not a good idea)

glFlush before SwapBuffers shouldn't make any difference since that's what SwapBuffers is doing too

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With TS-DDraw versions of 1.1.4.7 and higher there is resolution problem for me. When desktop is set at 1920x1080 and the game is at 1600x900, it doesn't scale to fullscreen. And the OpenGL renderer has menu delays. Sharing a modified 1.1.4.5 version with source code that works fine for me.

TSDDraw_1.1.4.5Mod.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TSDDraw_1.1.4.5Mod.rar
 Filesize:  184.85 KB
 Downloaded:  16 Time(s)

dkeeton
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
With TS-DDraw versions of 1.1.4.7 and higher there is resolution problem for me. When desktop is set at 1920x1080 and the game is at 1600x900, it doesn't scale to fullscreen. And the OpenGL renderer has menu delays. Sharing a modified 1.1.4.5 version with source code that works fine for me.

What have you changed in the source code?  You have a problem with https://github.com/CnCNet/ts-ddraw/releases/tag/1.1.4.14 ?

Do you have a fork on github that I can look at?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Main problem with 1.1.4.7 to latest 1.1.4.14 is that when the desktop resolution is at 1920x1080 and the in-game resolution is set to 1600x900, the game doesn't scale to fullscreen as if it uses only 1600x900 pixels to display. The surrounding area is black. Changing values in ddraw.ini doesn't help. And alt-tab leads to problems like flickering, additional mouse cursor at 0,0 location and menu may not appear at all or appear after some delay. Mainly use it on Win7 x64, Intel CPU and nVidia card (driver ver 350.12).

None of these problems are present in 1.1.4.5. Included source code can be compared to github 1.1.4.5 code. As such not much change, just some later version fixes.

Can't say for sure what fixed the menu delay that used to happen with 1.1.4.5 release earlier when compared to my own build, it could be updating to DirectX 11.1 from 11.0 or just compiling it with VS instead of winbuild or the unexpected removing of glFinish after SwapBuffers and adding glFlush before it.

dkeeton
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Main problem with 1.1.4.7 to latest 1.1.4.14 is that when the desktop resolution is at 1920x1080 and the in-game resolution is set to 1600x900, the game doesn't scale to fullscreen as if it uses only 1600x900 pixels to display. The surrounding area is black. Changing values in ddraw.ini doesn't help. And alt-tab leads to problems like flickering, additional mouse cursor at 0,0 location and menu may not appear at all or appear after some delay. Mainly use it on Win7 x64, Intel CPU and nVidia card (driver ver 350.12).

None of these problems are present in 1.1.4.5. Included source code can be compared to github 1.1.4.5 code. As such not much change, just some later version fixes.

Can't say for sure what fixed the menu delay that used to happen with 1.1.4.5 release earlier when compared to my own build, it could be updating to DirectX 11.1 from 11.0 or just compiling it with VS instead of winbuild or the unexpected removing of glFinish after SwapBuffers and adding glFlush before it.

Can you comment out this while loop to see if 1.1.4.14 will work correctly? https://github.com/CnCNet/ts-ddraw/blob/master/src/IDirectDraw.c#L519

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Commenting of that while loop at line# 519 didn't help, it made it worse. Now the width is clipped to 1080 though it is available upto 1920. For 1600x900 also the width gets clipped at 1080 and the height got reduced to 900 but it didn't scale to fullscreen. And taskbar remained visible as if it was never fullscreen.

dkeeton
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Commenting of that while loop at line# 519 didn't help, it made it worse. Now the width is clipped to 1080 though it is available upto 1920. For 1600x900 also the width gets clipped at 1080 and the height got reduced to 900 but it didn't scale to fullscreen. And taskbar remained visible as if it was never fullscreen.

Oh, you also need to set the width and height,  probably at line 538
this->mode.dmPelsWidth = width;
this->mode.dmPelsHeight = height;

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is scaling 1600x900 now but is still clipped at 1080 width.

dkeeton
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
It is scaling 1600x900 now but is still clipped at 1080 width.

Can you checkout the latest commits from github and see if that fixes it.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, it didn't fix. It has gone back to the same problem, 1600x900 not scaling to fullscreen.

The coding changes of line# 519 and 538 on the previous commit was on right track. The game dimensions were correct and was scaling when in-game resolution was less than the desktop's resolution. Only the display was getting clipped. Instead of showing it from 1,1 to 1920,1080 it was displaying from 1,1 to 1080,1080. Right part of the screen 1081,1 to 1920,1080 was left as it is with desktop and other applications visible.

Edit:
Attaching the IDirectdraw.c file with changes that work for me properly now on both with and without the while loop.

IDirectDraw.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  IDirectDraw.zip
 Filesize:  8.1 KB
 Downloaded:  8 Time(s)

dkeeton
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you try with FixedOutput=stretch without your patch?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1600x900 now scales to fullscreen with FixedOutput=stretch. Probably stretch should be set by default as casual users won't know how to set parameters in ddraw.ini.

With latest commit, both the bugs are fixed now.

dkeeton
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
1600x900 now scales to fullscreen with FixedOutput=stretch. Probably stretch should be set by default as casual users won't know how to set parameters in ddraw.ini.

Agreed.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon