Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:25 am
All times are UTC + 0
RUMOR: Next C&C might be a mobile game
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [62 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:  RUMOR: Next C&C might be a mobile game Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Honestly, I have reasons to believe it is not fake. I am not under any NDA or something, but I can't talk about it right now Wink.

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So your making it?

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I am not under any NDA

No, I have no relationship with any Command & Conquer project or any project from EA so far.

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Quote:
I am not under any NDA

No, I have no relationship with any Command & Conquer project or any project from EA so far.

I see but a word of advice. Working with EA is like sticking your MCV in a hornets nest. Its no going to end well.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not working with EA at the moment.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So it's the Command & Conquer name, on nothing like Command & Conquer. Typical EA.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those Viking and Clan games on phones are getting popular, it only makes sense EA would try to leapfrog them with the same shit and a known brand. I wouldn't expect much.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On the bright side, it could be what Tiberium Twilight was always meant to be. Razz

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Honestly think the the brand is too damaged to get significant profits from it.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Naw the brand can be repaired, the problem is they don't have the loyal fans who will buy it if it's junk to bank on.

However I do think they have more life in the Dune series if they can pull something off...

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just been announced that a Chinese company has made a mobile game based on RA2 under license from EA. No idea if it will be release anywhere else in the world.

Link to developers website

31265290_2089921864370739_6966086119708426240_n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.93 KB
 Viewed:  11751 Time(s)

31265290_2089921864370739_6966086119708426240_n.jpg

31130995_2089921884370737_3499034608224174080_n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.16 KB

31130995_2089921884370737_3499034608224174080_n.jpg

31166944_2089921781037414_5411617234856443904_n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.92 KB

31166944_2089921781037414_5411617234856443904_n.jpg

31131586_2089921787704080_2270858576442425344_n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  69.89 KB

31131586_2089921787704080_2270858576442425344_n.jpg

31252819_2089921861037406_3672192270666301440_n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  95.73 KB

31252819_2089921861037406_3672192270666301440_n.jpg

31059439_2089921794370746_4474028704523091968_n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.33 KB

31059439_2089921794370746_4474028704523091968_n.jpg

Last edited by Mig Eater on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My reasons to believe that it would be announced in this week seemed to be accurate Wink.

Anyway, I can't barely spell the name of this game so far...

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seeing it's made by Tencent, I don't see it getting a global release as is the usual for their own games (not ones acquired from other companies like League of Legends, PUBG, etc.), but anything's possible. As is typical I also see no mention of EA in the copyrights.

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is official. This was announced at Tencent UP2018 which as of writing is still a ongoing conference.

However I found that somehow we've missed it since 2015
Yes ive found mentions of a further as a closed beta then already, EAs partnership with Tencent dates back to 2012 orso so it would seem EA gave the franchise away AS they were destroying Victory, it's a horrifing prospect to discover while you as the community member were already backstabbed with the Free2Pay prospect,then you are backstabbed again as Victory annonces change of approach to move to cosmetic items only-ish which I personally more approved of only to be coincidentally axed by EA a few weeks after along with the official forums which were a wealth of information of decades, while that all was going on that give the franchise away and the whole community is backstabbed again.
Given what I've seen so far I feel gutted with a rusty shitcovered knife.

Frankly c&c4 is a gods send compared to this, given what I've seen it will be riddled with microtransactions hainous sins against the c&c design and gameplay, as well as the inescapable tapa tapa wait gameplay.

behind its shiny exterior is a blatant disregard of all red alert faction designs and even more horrible stuff I'm not ready to discuss yet.

So far I've seen heavy anger from the CNC russian community and they have all rights to be.
Im sure more is to leak soon as people in China learn of it.
The general trend I've established based on what I've seen so far EA has made a deal with tencent for tencent to be the dumping ground for was dead and half dead franchises, aside from this thing NFS online, Sims Social are two other things coming, as well as a prospect of a battlefield battle royale game.

EA also isn't done so better make a armor vest out of PUBG frying pans to avoid getting backstabbed  yet again, as this isn't the game ive heard is lurking about and seen mentions in public investor documents

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only redemption I see at this point is a release of the Westwood and eala Sage game source codes to let the community finally salvage the mess EA left us, for too long we have been forced to do incredibly desgusting assembly patches and writing our own directdraw wrappers and being forced to have to update them on a weekly basis as Microsoft is ignorantly braking legacy support with every windows patch.

And reusing the assets made for this shitshow to build a proper RA2 remake, old school, buyable at full, no microtransaction bs and accurate to the original games designs.
An old school proper game for the modern systems and with modern quality standards, given the recent trend a Red Alert 2 HD edition if you will, than again classic old EA being careless and shortsighted as they are dumped all the original recordings for the fmvs in a landfill right after axing Victory so unless they did bother to make digital backups at least HD fmvs aren't happening, I for one naively hope they did.

EA If you want to prove you've changed as your PR attempts to state and a ignorant cash grab isn't the agenda anymore then do something good for the community for a change in 13 years don't sit on your ass and wait for the C&c community to forgive you, forgiveness won't magically come you have to earn it.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since barely any information is available in English yet, I'm only going to judge by the pictures, which honestly seem very pretty. I especially like that boxart, no matter how cheesy it may seem (what is RA2 but cheesy?).

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm hopeful it'll be a decent game and get a worldwide release eventually. However, I am in the party that believe this will be very heavy on microtransactions. Cause like every factor behind it has bad history with that model already from my experience.

But I do agree these few promotional shots so far make it look decent and worth a try should it reach out worldwide.

also nice to know something is happening C&C wise. lmao

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, I don't think there will be a worldwide release for this one at all. I think that the deal Tencent has with EA is to bring EA intelectual property to China only and I don't think this game will be an exception to that. However, nothing will prevent you from downloading an apk from it from external sites (in case of the android version) and trying to run in your cell phone. In the worse cases, you'll need to spoof your IP to China too #Tongue.

Here's a game play video:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av21963446

They use Red Alert 3 musics in the game, instead of RA2.

And, soviet units are mixed in Allies or Yuri troops.

And also, you can build tech units (at least oil derricks, for sure).

But the interface of the battles for mobile phones looks fine... or at least it is hard to do something better than that.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomsons26lv wrote:
*snip*

y u mad, bro?

No, seriously, you're throwing a tantrum, like a ten year old for reasons "you can't explain". Sounds quite legit. I, for one, welcome this thing, because I have a feeling we will be able to rip out the assets from it to be used within our RA2 mods. The character artworks are definitely something I'm looking forward to see being reused on RA2 cameo artworks, considering the quality improvements it allows. Tib Alliances was useful for providing cameo base material as well anyway.

Also, C&C is in a spotlight. Anything is better than the nothing which was going on for a while. You act like C&C got the worst treatment ever from EA, which is definitely not the case. Crusader ended up a LOT more fucked by them (they killed the IP in 1996, preventing the devs to release the third game, and when an independent devgroup approached them to publish a then-halfly finished remake for the PSP in 2006, they rejected, even though they had no money in it at that point). Dungeon Keeper were also treated more worse than C&C, with the sole EA game I remember being that DK mobile game having that really terrible rap music campaign.

And yes, any kind of spotlight is better because it might provide room for something good globally in the end. Case in example, Digimon Masters Online was made international after the South Koreans noticed that a lot of "western" people went through the hassle to get an account into Digimon RPG and DMO servers, even considering that the admins had to ban the accounts when caught -> licensing the game might mean profit.

Also, lol on the demands - seriously, demanding the source code of both RA2 and ZH? I thought you're bright enough to know how legit that sounds. And pretty sure the new artwork is Tencent's property and EA has nothing to do with it.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You would think EA would make them put "Copyright Electronic Arts" on it too, but I see no mention. Not that I expect one of a chinese company.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TBH this still looks more of an RTS than TibAlliances. Plus if we discuss far-eastern abominations... I know of a browser-based-MMO based on SoulCalibur - that also has no mentioning of Namco anywhere + it has practically nothing to do with SC lol (it uses some SC characters as your "playable chars" beating random fantasy monsters everywhere, lol).

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Houseplant
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think there's a chance that EA is working on a C&C project separate from this one and that it involves Greg Black.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is always a chance, although I do not hold high expectations on Greg Black's work (nor low either).

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is separate thank god from this

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it had the game design of RA3 but with the campaign of Tiberium Wars, it could be a killer C&C. But its 2018, singleplayer is dead, and multiplayer is more like multi-payer.

Maybe they learned something from the Battlefront backlash and the failure of pushing everything onto the same engine with Mass Effect Andromeda, though... thats our only hope (one could say 'a new hope').

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri from that Add looks like Cortex from crash xD

Edit: Wait no he looks like Heisenberg from breaking bad #Tongue

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bu7loos wrote:
Wait no he looks like Heisenberg from breaking bad #Tongue

Heisenberg looks like dr, hugo strange from batman arkham city

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
But its 2018, singleplayer is dead

Not if you ask Bethesda/id, Rockstar, Volition, CD Projekt RED, Larian Studios, Obsidian Entertainment, Grinding Gear Games, Subterranean Games, Colossal Order and literally every 4X developer.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's so dead.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Definitely not dead at all. Most of the best sellers and most acclaimed games on video games and PCs still relies in a strong campaign/single player experience.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The video is very trippy. Though, I wish it wasn't a smart phone game.

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
It's so dead.

Care to back that up?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Final Fantasy XV, Cuphead, Total War franchise is still very much alive, Nier Automata, LOTR: Shadow of War, and a bunch of other great games I don't have the money to play.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Plokite_Wolf wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:
It's so dead.

Care to back that up?

Excluding that one genre Fallout/Witcher/NieR/Bayonetta/Devil May Cry/God of War/etc has, and the interactive fiction Detroit: Become Human's about, singleplayer is indeed dead. A great amount of recent games either tie singleplayer into "play-through-with-your-friend" mode (IIRC Cuphead is this) or outright axe most of the singleplayer content entirely in favor of competitive online game experience (95% of the recent fighters, Tekken 7 is a heavy offender in particular) and noone bats an eye, really.

Plokite_Wolf wrote:
Not if you ask Bethesda/id, Rockstar, Volition, CD Projekt RED, Larian Studios, Obsidian Entertainment, Grinding Gear Games, Subterranean Games, Colossal Order

I already mentioned Fallout explicitly but glad you brought id into the mix, last I heard, id was making a Quake 3-meats-Overwatch game as Quake Champions. Considering how singleplayer-oriented the former was... yeaaaah, you're sooo much right.

One of the biggest reasons GTA5 was hyped for was it's massive online playing area. And let's be fair, most of the people played GTAs for screwing randomly in the sandbox and not their actual, y'know, singleplayer content.

I never heard of half of those guys you've listed and notsure if I heard of a recent Obsidian project either.

4X and TBS in general is a dead genre, unless you're publishing Civ or being Paradox Interactive. And over there it's not the genre which sells, but the brand itself. Games without such a brand recognition - like GCiv3 released some years ago - receive no whirr. The thing is that only the big names are striving there and there aren't any noteworthy recent IPs is a proof of that point.

Esports are where the money's at these days and if your genre allows such a competetive matchup, then that competitive factor through multiplayer will receive more attention in favor of the singleplayer content. Casual gaming recieves much less attention from the AAA developers, since most of the casual gaming scene are completely alright playing games on their cellphones/browsers/through Facebook. All you have to do is to follow the trends a bit to realize this on your own.

=======================

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

Plokite_Wolf wrote:
Not if you ask Bethesda/id, Rockstar, Volition, CD Projekt RED, Larian Studios, Obsidian Entertainment, Grinding Gear Games, Subterranean Games, Colossal Order

I already mentioned Fallout explicitly but glad you brought id into the mix, last I heard, id was making a Quake 3-meats-Overwatch game as Quake Champions. Considering how singleplayer-oriented the former was... yeaaaah, you're sooo much right.

Congratulations on completely omitting one of the most important games of 2016.

Graion Dilach wrote:
I never heard of half of those guys you've listed and notsure if I heard of a recent Obsidian project either.

Shows how little you know and how you're even too lazy to do a quick Google.

Graion Dilach wrote:
4X and TBS in general is a dead genre, unless you're publishing Civ or being Paradox Interactive. And over there it's not the genre which sells, but the brand itself. Games without such a brand recognition - like GCiv3 released some years ago - receive no whirr. The thing is that only the big names are striving there and there aren't any noteworthy recent IPs is a proof of that point.

Endless Legend gave a few cues to Civ6, remember that.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Plokite_Wolf wrote:

Ah, Doom. It is nice, but it's sadly not as important as you empathize - it didn't hit any top10 most sold game lists of that year. Mostly because Overwatch. And it's part of the genre I listed in my previous post, even.

Alright then, let's go over your list.

Volition - last Saints Row is 2013 (around then, SP was still not as prevalent), made an open world thingy last year, but that has mixed receptions everywhere, don't see the relevance.
CD Projekt RED - Witcher (same genre) + that online-CCG I forgot the name (online).
Larian Studios - Divinity Original Sin 2, I presume. RPG. Mkay.
Obsidian - Two RPGs. Tyranny and Pillars of Eternity 2.
Grinding Gear Games - Path of Exile. This one is an MMO, it's not really proving your point. Laughing
Subterranean Games - ummmm, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_for_the_Overworld? Doesn't sound like a success to me. Sure, this isn't an RPG-based game atleast.
Colossal Order - Cities: Skylines. Right. This is one game where you're right as being a success and not being that one genre you're constantly going with.

Plokite_Wolf wrote:

Yeah, never heard about this either. Does look interesting but then again, it is an indie project. Gotta look it up though, the sheer amount of awards look interesting, but I never really liked Civ - if I'm in the mood, I'll just load up MoO2 or GCiv2.

Overall, you're pointing two-three genres being popular in singleplayer (depending on how much you separate hardcore RPGs from those open-world/hack&slash counterparts) and listing a niché successful game (Skylines is nice, but it's genre is niché, no matter how you're looking at it) and you even tried to prove me singleplayer's being strong with an MMO.

Compared to this, from what I've noticed, current trends are still classic MMOs, MP-based shooters (from Battlefield to Overwatch/PUBG/Fortnite), Dotaclones, fighting games are popular again through esports (with the sole miss I can list being MvCI due to being screwed by lawyers, but then look at how Dragon Ball FighterZ grew a scene within mere months), Blizzard resurrected Starcraft and Warcraft 3 for it's competitive scene, and I didn't have to look for niché games like that War of the Overworld to prove my point. Could have mentioned Planetary Annihilation atleast, that went overall better.

You can try to deny the trend, but it's still there, so I guess your own words can be applied to yourself as well.

Plokite_Wolf wrote:
Shows how little you know

=======================

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Plokite_Wolf wrote:

Ah, Doom. It is nice, but it's sadly not as important as you empathize - it didn't hit any top10 most sold game lists of that year. Mostly because Overwatch. And it's part of the genre I listed in my previous post, even.

1. DOOM was one of the highest-rated games of the year, and had immense attention gathered around it.

2. DOOM, an RPG/coop-centric game? Whatcha smokin'?

Graion Dilach wrote:

CD Projekt RED - Witcher (same genre) + that online-CCG I forgot the name (online).

Gwent will have a singleplayer mode upon release.

Graion Dilach wrote:

Subterranean Games - ummmm, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_for_the_Overworld? Doesn't sound like a success to me. Sure, this isn't an RPG-based game atleast.

Yes, War for the Overworld. What, you expect a Dungeon Keeper spiritual successor to have the sales numbers of Overwatch? For its genre, and singleplayer focus, it had quite nice numbers.

Graion Dilach wrote:

Plokite_Wolf wrote:

Yeah, never heard about this either. Does look interesting but then again, it is an indie project. Gotta look it up though, the sheer amount of awards look interesting, but I never really liked Civ - if I'm in the mood, I'll just load up MoO2 or GCiv2.

It used to be indie, until they were picked up by SEGA.

Graion Dilach wrote:

Overall, you're pointing two-three genres being popular in singleplayer (depending on how much you separate hardcore RPGs from those open-world/hack&slash counterparts) and listing a niché successful game (Skylines is nice, but it's genre is niché, no matter how you're looking at it) and you even tried to prove me singleplayer's being strong with an MMO.

Your whole "argument" revolves around "singleplayer is dead except in this, this and this". You know what, music is dead if you omit everyone under the the so-called "big three" labels. So are major sports events if you omit major events like football championships, basketball championships, and the Olympic Games.

If there's a non-negligible portion of the industry still doing singleplayer, saying that singleplayer is dead is nothing short of idiotic.

Graion Dilach wrote:
Could have mentioned Planetary Annihilation atleast, that went overall better.

A game that was forgotten as soon as its standalone expansion was released.

Graion Dilach wrote:

You can try to deny the trend, but it's still there, so I guess your own words can be applied to yourself as well.

I'm not denying the trend of multiplayer-focused games. You're the one who makes things up just to prove a bad point.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
Final Fantasy XV, Cuphead, Total War franchise is still very much alive, Nier Automata, LOTR: Shadow of War, and a bunch of other great games I don't have the money to play.

^ Multiple genres of critically acclaimed single player games. Also of note: Tomb Raider, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Starbound, Dark Souls, Undertale (I hate this game though), and Tom Clancy's The Division (which has amazing solo story play btw). Sure a lot of these are RPGs, but RPGs are a huge part of gaming. Even C&C is in part RPG with its health and armor rock, paper, scissors gameplay.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ripping off B-Lizzard's S***/W****Craft? Alright with me. In fact, everyone should do it.
Warhammer? Sorry, never got into it.

Ripping off our C&C mods? Safety's off, slaughter's on!

On-topic: If EA really has been quite, then that means the Ego A-Holes knew perfectly well there'd be copyright infrigment because of it.

Their Silence translates to a stab in the back for Tencent.

Usually, I'd sad, but if Tencent is a mobile 'game' 'dev', then I say kill 'em with fire.

On a related note, is it even possible to sue, say a modder/dev if he takes designs from something he/she never had a part in, but still use it in the project?
Of course, you'd say no, but does that change if it's fan-made/no-profit?
Obviously, Tencent gets money out of the micro-trans cancer, so the answer to the above shouldn't be valid for them.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
It looks like Mental Omega has really influenced it with a new unit

Except that the Scud design was never a MO-exclusive to begin with. Sure, MO 2.0 used it already, but it was a public voxel even by then from Tony, released on FreedomStudios originally IIRC. And considering how 3.0 remade designs without crediting the original people making them (Tony for Scud, lefthand for the Nuwa, ROTR for the Sentinel...) I find that one paragraph quite hypocritical.

=======================

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wasn't aware of it at all, Graion.

And to be honest, I am against  fans/gamers/modders motivating companies to sue Tencent for copyright infringement. We should not feed this kind of attitude on them, since it can come back at us in a later time.

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sue? No, if it's a EA thing those are their issues.

Issue here for us the community is if it's really EA authorized as Tencent made it up to believe on their end, then the C&C franchise is seemingky in possession of a entity that has complete disregard for copyrights and completely no oversight from EA, and that is where we need to make a stand so it never happens again, well again again... given the previous WH scandal.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomsons26lv wrote:
previous WH scandal.
?
Did I miss something?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Banshee wrote:
It looks like Mental Omega has really influenced it with a new unit

Except that the Scud design was never a MO-exclusive to begin with. Sure, MO 2.0 used it already, but it was a public voxel even by then from Tony, released on FreedomStudios originally IIRC. And considering how 3.0 remade designs without crediting the original people making them (Tony for Scud, lefthand for the Nuwa, ROTR for the Sentinel...) I find that one paragraph quite hypocritical.

Once someone redesigns it, even though someone else designed it originally, it's generally been fair-game in modding communities forever, unless it looks really close to the original. Even then, like rippers always say, who's going to enforce it?

Last edited by 4StarGeneral on Sat May 05, 2018 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
And to be honest, I am against  fans/gamers/modders motivating companies to sue Tencent for copyright infringement.

I am with Banshee on this one.
In my personnel opinion, I am enough with this modern era copyright craps.
Copyright this, copyright that, he stole this, he stole that, and it all looks like child's winning all time. What we got is that many people complained/fought about copyright stuff since 10-15 years ago, and seems like no effect. In this very year we got company who collaborates with EA itself having multiple assets from various people or companies. By your standards this is not asset theft from sole individual or group. This is even degrading because it is company working with EA itself.
Screw them, lets see final product how will turn out. Even this looks much better than anything EA made recently. They should make PC version. And to be free of course because of those asset stuff. I like their redesigned stuff like soldiers, initiate, desolator. Those rocks in images.

Banshee wrote:
We should not feed this kind of attitude on them, since it can come back at us in a later time.

How can it come back to us?

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How can it come back to us? They (Blizzard/Games Workshop) may be motivated to sue (or send cease and desist demands to the) community projects that they claim that uses their resources, regardless if they really use or how far they were inspired on it.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The simple rule in copyright is you're allowed to make new art that takes inspiration or design cues from something else, as long as you aren't using trademarked names, logos, or passing it off as their product (like your mod is official or something). Fair Use or Creative Commons principles would go further and suggest as long as you aren't using their data, and you aren't a corporation or charging for it, you'd ok... Marvel and DC ripped each other off plenty of times otherwise #Tongue

As also pointed out enforcement would be ridiculous given the jurisdictions of the "offender" is likely out of reach beyond legal request letters.

I can't really speak on behalf of MO but as I recall one of the early criticisms was they used a lot of free artwork and seemed to demand some sort of ownership over the assets. I understand this is probably effective discouragement for the average well-meaning ripper, and further complicated by the lack of artist registry of any kind, finding who really owns what is pretty tough sometimes.

As above, I don't think MO has any right to force an artist not to make a clone or something very close to anything they use, as long as it's a cleansheet drawing.

Anyone who takes this modding that seriously should probably start a games company and produce actual closed source material...

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

Laughing

mo2scud.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  163.04 KB
 Viewed:  10933 Time(s)

mo2scud.jpg

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum