Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New INI Editor
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:  New INI Editor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I created the tool to support modders edit INI files quicker
Some featured functionalities:
1. Creating project to manage multiple INI files
2. Navigate to project files quickly
3. Find/Replace with Regular Expression support
4. Go to line
5. Auto save
6. Quick action menu, this menu contains many cool feature:
   6.1 Jump to section (in multiple files)
   6.2 Rename section (TBD)
   6.3 Safe remove Section (TBD)
   6.4 Register/Append sectionA to sectionB (VehicleTypes, InfantryTypes etc..) (TBD)
  ... and many more
7. Auto Transform INI files using this tool https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=44987 (TBD)
8. Auto Verify INI files (TBD)

Here is download link https://goo.gl/MmAfzp

System requirements:
.Net framework 4.6.2

Support email:
linqtojs@gmail.com

s5.png
 Description:
Quick action menu
 Filesize:  17.22 KB
 Viewed:  6917 Time(s)

s5.png

s4.png
 Description:
Quick open project files
 Filesize:  5.56 KB

s4.png

s3.png
 Description:
Go to line dialog
 Filesize:  6.26 KB

s3.png

s2.png
 Description:
Find and replace dialog
 Filesize:  14.51 KB

s2.png

s1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.55 KB

s1.png

Last edited by linq2js on Tue May 08, 2018 5:30 am; edited 2 times in total

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks chiller than notepad××

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New upgrades

2018-04-30 21.50.47.png
 Description:
Smarter autocomplete
 Filesize:  46.77 KB
 Viewed:  6822 Time(s)

2018-04-30 21.50.47.png

2018-04-30 21.49.40.png
 Description:
New output/log panel
 Filesize:  58.38 KB

2018-04-30 21.49.40.png

2018-04-30 21.47.32.png
 Description:
Improve syntax highlighter
Highlight every comment which contains 3 star chars as heading style
 Filesize:  43.89 KB

2018-04-30 21.47.32.png

2018-04-30 21.44.24.png
 Description:
Compact layout with tabbed document bar
Auto display current Techno/Section name on status bar
 Filesize:  14.61 KB

2018-04-30 21.44.24.png

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This sounds dumb, but from what I see it's basically Notepad++ specialized for RA2/YR.

Is TS and Ares support included or that a work-in-progress?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
This sounds dumb, but from what I see it's basically Notepad++ specialized for RA2/YR.

Is TS and Ares support included or that a work-in-progress?

Yes, I develop this for specific purpose. It is still inprogress. Actually it is compatible with all kind of ini files. In face, background analyzer scans all files in project, collect all tags of all Techno/section and its avail values.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still doesn't answer the question.

I was asking if your INI editor would recognize Ares and/or TS flags and their proper values and value types.

If yes, then you must've been using ModEnc pretty often lately #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Still doesn't answer the question.

I was asking if your INI editor would recognize Ares and/or TS flags and their proper values and value types.

If yes, then you must've been using ModEnc pretty often lately #Tongue

No, it does not provide Ares/TS tags for autocomplete. The tags database is collected from editing files. Will add this feature, need some one can help me to listing all avail tags

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you think to share source code, maybe I can help for Ares.

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BySc wrote:
Do you think to share source code, maybe I can help for Ares.

Sure, let me upload to Github, I have to finish current version, just revise it 2 days ago, it looks quite diff with first version

What I need is something look likes:
[General]
; declaration for General section

[General.UIName]
Type=String
Type=Section
Type=SectionList
Type=YesNo
Type=Boolean
Type=Number
Type=Percent
Type=PercentList
Type=NumberList
Type=Name
Type=Item:List => for Owner tag, valid value is item of Countries section
; declaration for UIName tag of General section
0=xxx
1=yyy
2=zzz <= list of avail value for General.UIName

This declaration file might use to validate INI file structure

2018-05-01 15.54.29.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.09 KB
 Viewed:  6753 Time(s)

2018-05-01 15.54.29.png

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New release
Basic functionalities finished
1. Find / Replace with advanced mode (Current File, Opened Files, Entire Project)
2. Go To Line
3. Project management
4. Auto Complete
5. Go To Declaration
6. Log Console

Here is download link https://goo.gl/MmAfzp
Github https://github.com/linq2js/inieditor for who want to contribute

Some useful tips:
1. Quick Bookmark: Create new file called bookmark.ini, list all your mod technos here
[TECHNO1]

[TECHNO2]
Remark: Dont need to put techno body
Once you want to navigate your techno, just switch to bookmark file and click on the Techno you need

2. Use Alt+NumberKey to access opened file by its index

2018-05-03 12.57.45.png
 Description:
Find All Result
 Filesize:  51.98 KB
 Viewed:  6696 Time(s)

2018-05-03 12.57.45.png

2018-05-03 12.56.18.png
 Description:
Goto declaration
 Filesize:  16.7 KB

2018-05-03 12.56.18.png

2018-05-03 12.53.28.png
 Description:
Full UI
 Filesize:  98.29 KB

2018-05-03 12.53.28.png

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While I encourage people to make tools, it seems this tool is too stuck on modifying existing code, which is only one phase of a modding journey, after a while almost everything you do is add NEW code, with NEW art, and NEW weapons.

If you want to be more than a novelty editor of ini files, and make it TS/RA2 oriented, I would look into adding tools to create objects.

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
While I encourage people to make tools, it seems this tool is too stuck on modifying existing code, which is only one phase of a modding journey, after a while almost everything you do is add NEW code, with NEW art, and NEW weapons.

If you want to be more than a novelty editor of ini files, and make it TS/RA2 oriented, I would look into adding tools to create objects.

Thank for your opinion, this release just included basic funtionallies, I will improve more for:
1. Advanced Autocomplete:
   More contexture action, snippet, techno refactoring actions...
2. Using 3rd party tool for verifying/checking syntax

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:31 am    Post subject: New features added Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just added some new features:
1. Quick view/edit
2. Remove goto dialog, using Find text box quick special syntax: ?<LineNumber> instead
3. Fix some syntax highlight issues
4. Improve file analyzer
5. Context actions menu
6. Add new section to current file/another project files

2018-05-06 10.21.33.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  294.6 KB
 Viewed:  6598 Time(s)

2018-05-06 10.21.33.png

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Added new feature: Section Details, this feature displays dialog which show up all related things to selected section: Tags, Links, Usages ... it helps to navigate to another stuff faster

2018-05-07 23.35.00.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  109.53 KB
 Viewed:  6538 Time(s)

2018-05-07 23.35.00.png

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Apologies if this sounds harsh, but the SectionDetails is, as far as I can see, the only most usefull feature of this program.

It gives an overview of that section's relevance in the game, which is what most modders will want to check.

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Getting better and better.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And still the only things that should be shown in links should be weapons and anims. Voice are nothing of importance.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
And still the only things that should be shown in links should be weapons and anims. Voice are nothing of importance.

True, but AI triggers/ taskforces etc are usefull too.

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Apologies if this sounds harsh, but the SectionDetails is, as far as I can see, the only most usefull feature of this program.

It gives an overview of that section's relevance in the game, which is what most modders will want to check.

Sure, modder can see almost info if he scroll down or scroll up, but there are something new
Art, Taskforece, AI trigger, Usages ...
In next update, I think there are some customization for this screen:
- Specified heading color for group
- Specified which info should be shown
- Highlight some words
All customization will be saved in project file

in my opinion, I think if I press Ctrl+F, then type section name, then press F4 to show up its details, that is faster than finding and scolling up/down to read section info

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:

yeah :p, I dont know which is useful or not, so I show all them

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to first become a good modder to know what the good tools should be like. Not everything that points to another entry is useful in creating new things. Things like Owners can be made into just available modules that you choose between all allied, all soviet, all countries, yuri. Drag drop from a library into main module and done with it.

Rules:
Weapons of units
Spawns of carrier units
Initial Payload of units
AnimList of warheads
Anim, projectile & warhead  of weapons

Art
warhead on anims

these links should always be shown. They are the key tags for making new things.

For AImd editing, there are already lots of tools. And you can always write the entry names in readable English.

Actually reading existing INI files can be totally useless, as advanced users create whole new systems and new entries that are all associated within - as I said in the other thread, INI projects that have few to do with old content. The only use of existing ini content for advanced users will be use projectiles like InvisibleAll - but you don't need to show or read the content, modders can just manually add the projectile use. Maybe a warning that says "entry does not exist in project" and a bottom "I know it exists in rulesmd" to stop the warning.

Last edited by kenosis on Mon May 07, 2018 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
You need to first become a good modder to know what the good tools should be like. Not everything that points to another entry is useful in creating new things. Things like Owners can be made into just available modules that you choose between all allied, all soviet, all countries, yuri. Drag drop from a library into main module and done with it.

Rules:
Weapons of units
Spawns of carrier units
Initial Payload of units
AnimList of warheads
Anim, projectile & warhead  of weapons

Art
warhead on anims

these links should always be shown. They are the key tags for making new things.

For AImd editing, there are already lots of tools. And you can always write the entry names in readable English.

I mean I dont know which one is best for someone, so I will add the customization feature for that screen later, and modders will choose their flavor

Just add minor change, Usages box displays much info than old one. Hover mouse to list item to see full text

2018-05-08 04.22.10.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  120.28 KB
 Viewed:  6480 Time(s)

2018-05-08 04.22.10.png

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the usage thing could be expanded to a "Ini transplanter". Enter the main entry and let the programe find all useful things connected with it, so you can publish a certain ini project in a ready to use form.

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Added project configuration, can change section details, sample:

[Details.BlockName]
BackColor =
ForeColor =
HeadingColor =
BorderColor =

The color can be named color or hex color (#rrggbb)

2018-05-08 11.48.45.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  111.46 KB
 Viewed:  6434 Time(s)

2018-05-08 11.48.45.png

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tada, I just finished grouping for section details
with this feature you can group any tag as you want, it helps you focus on what you need faster

2018-05-08 17.33.09.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.05 KB
 Viewed:  6407 Time(s)

2018-05-08 17.33.09.png

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woo! Nice one!

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Woo! Nice one!

That great for FV logic and gattling logic

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah looks better now do you think update github repo ? I cant find a time for looking your codes sorry about thath.

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BySc wrote:
Yeah looks better now do you think update github repo ? I cant find a time for looking your codes sorry about thath.

I pushed, take a look if you feel free

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum