Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 am
All times are UTC + 0
TS Firestorm 2.03 questions
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:  TS Firestorm 2.03 questions
Subject description: Tiberian Sun Firestorm questions
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Tiberian Sun community,
Please forgive me, if I have put this topic into the wrong section, but I need some help regarding the patch 2.03.
I believe that feedback would help to answer some questions that were not posted anywhere else.

1. With this latest patch, the deployed NOD artillery in skirmish seems rubish, so I would appreciate the response on what to edit in rules.ini or firestrm.ini to return the old warhead to the artillery (without tracking).

2. How to change the cost ot the walls (250$ for a piece is a bit expensive, if we compare the similar wall with similar properties in Red Alert 2 that costs only 100$).

3. How to make sandbags (I have made them constructible via rules.ini) connect in line like GDI or NOD wall when put them into straight line not far apart.

4. How to get more infantry from buildings by selling them (in unpatched version, you are able to "extract" roughly 5 light infantry from most large buildings).

5. How to make "Toxin soldiers" for NOD like those in mission Capture Jake McNeil (with or without the drugging ability).

Thank you very much for your help and responses.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: TS Firestorm 2.03 questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C0uCHP0t@t0 wrote:

1. With this latest patch, the deployed NOD artillery in skirmish seems rubish, so I would appreciate the response on what to edit in rules.ini or firestrm.ini to return the old warhead to the artillery (without tracking).
C0uCHP0t@t0

When Firestorm is set, the game looks for "firestrm.ini" file and replaces those set values in "rules.ini". If you want to see which changes are made in Firestorm expansion, look in these ini files (firestrm.ini, aifs.ini, artfs.ini). I highly recommend using TS Client, it has all firestorm objects set directly in rules.ini and nicely enabled with firestrm.ini if needed.

C0uCHP0t@t0 wrote:

2. How to change the cost ot the walls (250$ for a piece is a bit expensive, if we compare the similar wall with similar properties in Red Alert 2 that costs only 100$).

You should be able to change it under GAWALL and NAWALL. But some values are hardcoded in game.exe file so changing those in rules.ini would not make any effect. If you really need to change it, open game.exe in hex editor and search for GAWALL and NAWALL. replace these with anything else. And after that any change in rules.ini should work for it.

C0uCHP0t@t0 wrote:

3. How to make sandbags (I have made them constructible via rules.ini) connect in line like GDI or NOD wall when put them into straight line not far apart.

I am afraid that it isn't possible, only way is to have these walls with sandbags preplaced on map and edit those adjacent wall sections in map editor.

C0uCHP0t@t0 wrote:

4. How to get more infantry from buildings by selling them (in unpatched version, you are able to "extract" roughly 5 light infantry from most large buildings).

I think that max escape units are capped at 5. You can only change cost ratio how many units will spawn (0-5). Search for these values in rules.ini
Code:

SurvivorRate=         ; fraction of building cost to be converted to survivors when sold
SurvivorDivisor=       ; the divisor into the survivor rate value to determine the number of survivors

C0uCHP0t@t0 wrote:

5. How to make "Toxin soldiers" for NOD like those in mission Capture Jake McNeil (with or without the drugging ability).

Open that mission in text editor and look how this unit + weapon are set.

Last edited by Tuc0 on Fri May 04, 2018 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3. On sandbags, raise TechLevel, check Owner and use GuardRange=5 (raise this for longer line, raise Adjacent also if still longer line is needed).

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Tuc0 and E1 Elite,
Thank you very much for both of your responses. I was able to change paragraphs 3, 4 and 5. The only thing I am still struggling with is the NOD artillery shell. I want to keep it inaccurate for the sake of balance, but want to return the old HE shell as its primary weapon ("big boom" and splash damage).
The only 3 things I have found in the firestrm.ini (that I presume are related to the artillery) were:

1) ;Fix to make Artillery less accurate
[Ballistic]
High=yes
Image=120MM
Arcing=true
Bouncy=yes
Elasticity=0.0.

2) ; arcing ballistic projectile
[Ballistic2]
High=yes
Image=120MM
Arcing=true
Inaccurate=true
Bouncy=yes
Elasticity=0.0

3) BallisticScatter=2.0  ;was 1.5

I would greatly appreciate your help and response on how or what to change exactly.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The artillery has some hardcoded properties in Game.exe that can't be changed with Rules.ini / Firestrm.ini editing alone, but I'm not sure what. Westwood often hardcoded patch changes into the executable instead of updating the INI files, though.

If you want to avoid the hardcoded properties, rename ART2's weapon (155mm) to something else.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BallisticScatter=X  - if projectile has Inaccurate=true, it will fire to anywhere within X radius around target. Higher number, more inaccurate.

Elasticity=around  0 - 0.45  can help accuracy, higher value will make projectile to jump on target instead if miss. Too high value will make projectile bounce like disc grenade.

Also keep in mind that warhead + damage from artillery is hardcoded to be more powerful than in skirmish.

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear ^Rampastein and Tuc0,
Thank you both for your responses. I am not sure what I am going to do with the artillery in future, but in this moment I will leave it as it is.
My final question regarding the opened topic is how to open the mission Capture Jake McNeil to see how the Toxin soldiers were scripted.
The current one was made by copying the Elite Cadre text and change it to match the text from Toxin Soldier text from mission Seeds of destruction. I think that the Toxin Soldiers in above mentioned mission in Tiberian Sun were written a bit differently.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon