Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
'Eggs' in C&C games
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject:  'Eggs' in C&C games Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

any one notice the 'easter eggs' (things gone wrong) in RA2?
i found 3:

1) in hawaii there is the sunken USS Arizona when if hitler was killed in RA1 there was no WWII....so no peral harbour
2) same with the Iwo Jima victory monument on the 1st soviet mission
3) Tanya is seen reloading a AK-47 in a cut scene when she apparently hates the soviets. why is she using soviet equipment then??

anyone else found anything wrong in C&C games?

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To answer the first two:
WW II happened, it was Red Alert, but it was the soviets not germans.

the last is simple, anyone can use any gun, guns arn't limited to the country that makes them.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea, but Iwo Jima, and Pearl Harbor both involve Japanese, not nazis

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Btw Eggs are hidden features, or things like the casts head on the floor of a level(Q3 a members head on the floor, guy with glasses)

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok i always thought they were stupid things gone wrong.

but if tanya hates soviets so much then why use their stuff? being such a 'patriot'?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

akult wrote:
yea, but Iwo Jima, and Pearl Harbor both involve Japanese, not nazis

and Japan wasnt in soviet side O.o.

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so the soviets in RA done exactly the same as what nazi germany would have done? i always thought it was different

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's funny how Westwood confused Stalin with Trotsky (since Trotsky was the one who really wanted to spread the comunism around the world while Stalin wanted a strong nation before expanding it slowly), but even their Stalin didnt acted like Hitler... only the expansion wishes...but it was limited to Europe.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL, westwood was confused.
In RA1, WW2 never happened, so then there is the problems with the maps they show.
1). Germany was bigger, and had prussia.
2). Poland extended back toward russia.
3). Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia were independant republics. (at the time)
4). Italy still had Trieste Territory.

BTW, why didn't they show Luxembourg? It's big enough to fit on a map of that scale.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) That was decided in WW1 NOT 2
4) Idem
2+3) those changes were made by individuals which might still live in that universe

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, they did shrink in WW1, but they lost more in WW2 imo.

Quote:
2+3) those changes were made by individuals which might still live in that universe

I never thought about 2&3 that way... I guess #1 might fit in as well.
Good point. Smile

Quote:
4) Idem

What does that mean?

darkness
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In vietnam, the us soldiers would use aks over m4s bacause they were just better...but made your allies shoot at you...

Max Lee
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about that secret TibSun mission "Power Grid" or something ? It's a hidden mission, so might count as an egg.

Also, browse through all the houses and board names in TibSun, some of them have names like "Rade's Roadhouse"; I think that's a true egg.

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in ra2 retalliation there was a cheat that turned all the civilians names form "civilian" to the names of the programmers it was something like []X[]X[]X[]X[] i think

#The fREaK!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and in RA1 insert the counterstrike expansion disc, hold down shift and click on the loud speaker to start the campaign where you fight against giant ants.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In C&C Retaliation, one word: england Wink

yea the PS verison are the only cnc games that have cheats, and theres that soylent green code, tis great. Twisted Evil

RA1 Aftermath, Theres a skirimish map, i forgot the name of it, that has giant ants on it, quite lovely.

and yea, most of TS civilian structures were named after programers and such.

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol it took me ages to figure out the england part if retaiation. thats the same levels where the civ names work the best especialy on the 1st mission and also skirmish map 51 the techs have powers depending on their shirt colours (green:nuke yellow:tesla etc)

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dunno if this counts, but in TS the get unit crates sometimes you can get a mamoth tank.

Ma$$iKrE
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i noticed 1 bug
in retaliation when u complete the soviet missions on hard and get the ant missions you play as allies with the soviet voice
NO HEAVY TANK Shocked

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here's a proper easter egg. - a controllabe T-REX in a YR mission.

Soviets Mission 1 - after you forces land, select a amphibious transport to stop it from leaving the screen. Now when you time travel back to the jurrasic period, tell the amphibious to go into the water and move left, you will find a island with a t-rex, move in close and rexy becomes your friend for life ^__^

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
yea the PS verison are the only cnc games that have cheats, and theres that soylent green code, tis great.

Wrong.
A console version of C&C:TD had them, I forget which console. Probably the N64.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Doh" I Forgot about C&C on N64, I never played it.

anymore easter eggs?

How about generals or renegade, any eggs in there?

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

akult wrote:
How about generals any eggs in there?

Yeah, if you boot it up, it wastes your time. Laughing

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In Renegade.... "extras fnqrm" or something like that. Unfortunately for laddered games, those extras are disabled.

I've heard that Generals has a few but I don't remember what they are.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the first GDi TS mssion, I think that EA/Weswood is making fun on the GDI minitary.  Check the part of that mission where the  droppods land. one of them hits a building, the Marine inside it dies...

"Banned" RP here

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in answer to your extras, the code allows GDI to purchase a Sedan, a Pickup truck, and you get a bunch of GDI infantry, officers from the FMVs... Nod has other shit, including a Chamealon... (WTF IS THAT)

"Banned" RP here

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1:How do you get Sperm/Visceroids buildable in renegade MP?
2:The chameleon is a battle-bot,which was made by westwood studios.
3:What are the Renegade skins DOLF,DINO,TRIKE,and EYEBOY in ALWAYS.Dat?

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) Bah... I don't know.. and I don't think that viicseroid are purchasble in MP... in the black-cell.net severs, you can be one via a crate, and get around the totally gay ass vehicle limit
2) thank you.
3) I'm not a computer programmer.. I DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING...

thank you.

"Banned" RP here

Tesla7zap
Stormbringer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus

3:What are the Renegade skins DOLF,DINO,TRIKE,and EYEBOY in ALWAYS.Dat?

They just put it there for fun I guess #Tongue

Tesla - Where positive energy meets negative energy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum